Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Question Issue AGAIN! Help please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security Question Issue AGAIN! Help please

Pyrelight
12.13.2011 , 07:11 AM | #1
I know my answers tot he security questions and it isn't accepting the answer I give it. Tried to call customer support and get an accented voice saying " All of our agents are busy, please call back later" No queue for your customer support line? Just get rid of these stupid and bugged security questions so we can play already PLEASE and Thanks! At the very least allow us to ask for a different question or something.

Frewdink
12.13.2011 , 07:14 AM | #2
I have the same problem, except im sitting on hold with some guy reassuring me that my call is important to them. I've logged in hundreds of times and yet today of all days I cant....

Pyrelight
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #3
Same here, I've been in 2 beta weekends and log in almost daily. But today we seem to have the same issue with security questions that we had a month or so ago.

swnorri
12.13.2011 , 07:20 AM | #4
at least you are getting one you asked..

I am STILL getting one I never answered ... same one... over and over and over and over... for weeks

Pyrelight
12.13.2011 , 07:24 AM | #5
managed to get into queue for phone at any rate. now waiting for an agent

Pyrelight
12.13.2011 , 07:31 AM | #6
And now it works!

rickpArry
12.17.2011 , 01:20 AM | #7
lol congradulations, you were the first security question thread.
anyway hers a fix:

OK, this may or may not work for you.
this will get you logged into your swtor.com account, but you may or may not be able to log into the game through the launcher, it worked for me but not for other people.

steps:
1. reset your password
2. after you have gotten the email and have a put in a new password (or the same old one, it doesn't matter) click ok in the window that says something like "you have been logged out for security reasons."
3. next, open up a new tab and go to swtor.com. click login, and put in your username and password. when you reach the part where it asks you for your security question, go back to the first tab that you clicked ok in.
4. on the first tab, click back in your browser. you should now be at the "you have been logged out for security reasons" page. click the ok button and you should be logged in!!!

this is where it stops working for people:
first off, dont bother trying to reset your security questions, because it will ask you for a security question lol. feel free to try and answer, although if you answer incorrectly you will have to repeat this process. Now, make sure you are logged in to your swtor.com account, and open up the swtor launcher. try to login, although some people were still faced with the security question again. if this happens, the only think i can think of that you could do is repeat this process several times and hopefully swtor will recognize your IP adress ans stop asking you the questions, like it did for me.

hope this helps