Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

Eddizel
04.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by BoneEater View Post
Weird. That's what I did one hour ago.

I find it hilarious that "normal mode" was changed to "story mode". Oh yeah, I can see that.

inb4 elitist "hardcore" olololh4cKz0r raiders: I'm a WoW vet who had everything down on HM.
The reason I joined this game was to not wipe 3 hours on one boss anymore and shoot blood out of my ears while learning the fight, but to have casual fun with my gildies. That's what story mode is for, you have your hard modes, that's fine, stay there, I don't give a ****.

So, yeah, first boss, way too overtuned. For story mode. Don't tell me otherwise. Don't swim in my waters, I won't swim in your's, everyones happy.

Stay in your *******HM and don't claim story mode for yourself, which was made for an entirely different sort of player, you ****s.
Talk to the devs then, not us, we don't really care about your story mode either.

I thought it was tuned fine but we only did it to snag some blackhole comms. Nerf it into the ground for all we care, just leave hards alone.

krinaman
04.18.2012 , 09:53 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
Talk to the devs then, not us, we don't really care about your story mode either.
How do we do that? Oh wait, we post stuff on the forums...........

Carbonated
04.18.2012 , 10:24 PM | #113
Im pretty sure my raids full rakata but we seem to be pushing damage for timers during the last fight, given that the gear you get from comms is worse then rakata I kinda feel like we will either a/ not progress or b/ wipe on last boss for a while in hard mode just because of poor itemization.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Eddizel
04.18.2012 , 11:08 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
How do we do that? Oh wait, we post stuff on the forums...........
Except his post is directed at hardcore players and not the devs, herpderp.

Raeln
04.19.2012 , 08:48 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Naizgrel View Post
Pre 1.2: WE NEED HARDER ENDGAME
Spoken by a very small segment of the playerbase.

Quote:
After 1.2: WE NEED EASIER ENDGAME
Will be spoken by a very large segment of the playerbase.

Raeln
04.19.2012 , 09:01 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Bodied View Post
Denova DOES NOT need a nerf, look what they did to Soa, EV is a joke now and they still left the title in there? so now every guild on the server is running around with The Infernal title... when they nerfed Soa they should have taken the title out of the game. Denova is 2 weeks old go run KP and EV and get full rakata then try.
Wait, did you just tell people to not try EC until they overgear it?

EC storymode drops Rakata - what's the point of banging your head running storymode if you already have the gear it drops?

Mawduce
04.19.2012 , 09:02 AM | #117
dont nerf it, just make the rewards worth the effort.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Eddizel
04.19.2012 , 09:42 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Wait, did you just tell people to not try EC until they overgear it?

EC storymode drops Rakata - what's the point of banging your head running storymode if you already have the gear it drops?
Because obviously you are there for the "story"..........right?.......right?...........RIG HT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Raeln
04.19.2012 , 09:47 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
Because obviously you are there for the "story"..........right?.......right?...........RIG HT?!?!?!?!?!?!
We all know if gear was removed from raids, no one would do the raid at all unless it was completely faceroll.

If you must have a raid all decked out in Rakata before attempting EC storymode, then you have effectively removed the gear carrot from the raid. While some raiders will spend some time in there to see the sights and experience the wonders, that quickly wears off when silly mechanics operate in strange ways - like having 3 lightning spires spawn inside the bombardment shields on the tank bosses.

Codek
04.19.2012 , 10:04 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
We all know if gear was removed from raids, no one would do the raid at all unless it was completely faceroll.

If you must have a raid all decked out in Rakata before attempting EC storymode, then you have effectively removed the gear carrot from the raid. While some raiders will spend some time in there to see the sights and experience the wonders, that quickly wears off when silly mechanics operate in strange ways - like having 3 lightning spires spawn inside the bombardment shields on the tank bosses.
If you have the entire raid decked out in rakata then you should probably start thinking about upping the difficulty a bit and shoot for the higher stuff. If they are still wiping hard on the bosses in story mode EC even after say a months release then I got some bad news for that raid.
~Codek