Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound issue with 1.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shughart
04.19.2012 , 05:16 AM | #261
Ok, in today's patch they should have solved the loud engine noise in the fleets. Nothing about the sound bring mute or very low, randomly or other things we pointed out.

Did anyone noticed an improvement ?

Shughart
04.19.2012 , 05:36 AM | #262
I tried a few war zones to check if the bug I initally reported has been corrected, and, I'm sad to say, NO, it hasn't.

Hoping Bioware will understand the message. Here is the problem, again :

Quote: Originally Posted by Shughart View Post
While playing, if I particpate to a war zone, both ambiant sound and effects are very low and there are no voices anymore (like the one in huttball). Music is ok. It effect the whole game then, not only war zones. Only restarting the game make things right, but it happen again if I join a war zone.

Happened with patch 1.2

Edit: not only does it happen when joining a war zone, but also when accessing various locations, such as the fleet. Again, all the ambiant sounds, music, walking sound, ... are extremely low, almost not audible. It's random, can happen anytime.

mbennett
04.19.2012 , 05:43 AM | #263
Same here tried a couple out just, static noise and dropping sounds are still both present. Least the jet engine has gone. Hopefully BioWare can have a fix ready for patch day on Tuesday.

jibboo
04.19.2012 , 06:41 AM | #264
I don't care that you're working on a fix, the issue existed with 1.2 on the PTS. You should've been working on a fix then and applied that fix BEFORE you implemented 1.2.

I would like an explaination as to WHY 1.2 was implemented knowing that this issue existed.

This really makes the game unenjoyable and I find myself logging off sooner than I normally would because of it and if this doesn't get resolved soon, I may find myself logging off for good.

Jherad
04.19.2012 , 07:28 AM | #265
Still getting terrible sound issues in WZs today (notably hissing and crackling).

Sigh. Warzones are 90% of my game play. This issue is really cutting into the fun for me.

danpen
04.19.2012 , 07:29 AM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Still getting terrible sound issues in WZs today (notably hissing and crackling).

Sigh. Warzones are 90% of my game play. This issue is really cutting into the fun for me.
Just so every one no's what they are doing to fix this they are doing there best to get tha game right and the sound and that but they are doing there best to do that ok thank you for asking and telling us BOUT THIS OK.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

jibboo
04.19.2012 , 07:35 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Just so every one no's what they are doing to fix this they are doing there best to get tha game right and the sound and that but they are doing there best to do that ok thank you for asking and telling us BOUT THIS OK.
Spot on.

swoopah
04.19.2012 , 08:29 AM | #268
So, i was hoping the patch today whould fix the sound issues, but clearly they did not. They are still there, and was there the entire duration of 1.2 PTR, what the hell are you waiting on bioware? You are aware that audio is a major thing in a game, especially one that is based on voice acting alot, right? When random sounds starts to screw up, and its always just a matter of time when you log on, i dont feel like logging on at all. Try and actually hire in a couple of competent programmers for a day to fix it for you if you are unable to do it inhouse. Cover all these bugs with pushing content to put the bugs in the shade of it, doesnt fool the consumers, maybe it works in the short time, but in the long run, it wont. Im looking forward for another patch within 24 hours that solves the audio, before i lose ALL faith in bioware.

And Yes, Tera got open beta this weekend, so maybe people will seek that out, for their gaming plessure this weekend, atleast the audio is working as intended there.

Angeliana
04.19.2012 , 08:37 AM | #269
This is more than a simple bug. This product, the video game we are paying for; is broken.

Sounds are basically the most important part of this game along with visuals. I am sure if people couldn't see things that it would get fixed asap. But people can't hear things and it persists through the TEST server and makes it to live, then keeps going for more than a WEEK?

Bioware, that is not acceptable.

A game should leave me happy for having had fun after I play it, not with a huge headache from the staticy stupidly loud electrical crackling over which I can not hear a single other thing. No overall sounds are breaking every aspect of this game I used to love pre 1.2:

WZs: I can't be competitive if I don't know someone planted a bomb in voidstar or someone got the ball on huttball or someone passed etc. I can't do anything but clutch my head in pain in alderan...

OPS: crucial boss announcements for which people can not hear the audio cues has actually caused wipes for our group... Example: Firebrand and stormcaller: Defensive systems active announcement doesn't work for half the raid, their action to move to shields is delayed, they get knocked in the wrong direction and die, it's a wipe.

Fleet: Can't do anything here with loud jet engine, can't hear anything, frankly want to log off instantly.

Companions and cut scenes: Can't hear any companion announcements, can't hear people's voices in cut scenes either! BREAKS your only unique game mechanic: "immersive story"

So BW, you see, this is no ordinary silly little bug you can pass up when you read the reports and say we'll get to this when we get to it. This should be your FIRST priority RIGHT NOW.

It. Breaks. Your. Game.

Fix it. We are paying customers you are going to lose soon if you don't.
Abaddon - Keller's Void

Only-a-Lad
04.19.2012 , 09:01 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Only-a-Lad View Post
Note: They say "sound issue" singular and not "sound issues" plural.

Taking bets on the patch being pushed out tonight.
Will it include:
a) "single" sound fix (for any issue mentioned in this thread)
b) "multiple" sound fixes (but not all)
c) "all" sound fixes
d) None of the above

And for a bonus round where points are worth double, which fix(es).
DING.. DING.. DING.. DING.. DING.... And the correct answer "a" - Only the jet noise fix.
Soooooo... what about the rest?

What is just as frustrating as the issues themselves is that they won't confirm what it is they were/are investigating and none of it hits the Known Issues list. This and the fact that CSR's just get ignored on PTS as well as in-game.
Work with us on this Bioware!

The jet noise could take 10min - 1hr for it to show up for me so time will tell if it is really fixed.
Can bet they just nuked that sound file and made it mute instead of really fixing it.