Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Sniper PVE Builds?

HanzBlix
04.17.2012 , 01:24 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by blue_talon View Post
This is mine
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400rcrbdRsRGMZbcZh.1

And I am doing more 'sustained' damage than pre 1.2.

The sniper volley talent is now pure gold as you can recove from your intial burst very quickly. Great for PVP IMHO.

Overall I dont think snipers got nerfed.... we got buffed.
Just curious why you use the extra two points in accuracy in the MM tree instead of the explosive probe/ orbital strike buff in engineering. Those two abilities are quite good. I'm aware that explosive probe can eat some energy, but if you time your temp energy regen just right it doesn't really matter.

SageH
04.17.2012 , 01:35 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Excid View Post
Umm... what?

I topped charts in our HM zorn kill last night and there was 0 problems with lingering dots. I didn't notice any problems with kephess either. Very easy fight. The problem with the adds on the second boss can be remedied by knocking them out of the shield. I run in, crouch, aoe knock back, grenade.

There seems to be a huge biasy in your post. All the complaints have a very easy fix which allows the dps of lethality to shine. There is literally no comparison in damage. Even lethality has higher single target damage.

The only 2 complaints of this spec that I have is: 1. When ccing trash, really annoying with grenade. 2. I am pulling threat hell of a lot more because of the huge increase in damage.
The problem with lingering dots and Fearful is a bug I suspect, but one that exists on occasion. It also exists on the World Boss when you receive Deathmark. I never said the fights weren't easy, I said the mechanic was annoying for specs that utilize dots. Again, the fail comprehension in these forums is astounding.
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

Excid
04.17.2012 , 01:49 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
The problem with lingering dots and Fearful is a bug I suspect, but one that exists on occasion. It also exists on the World Boss when you receive Deathmark. I never said the fights weren't easy, I said the mechanic was annoying for specs that utilize dots. Again, the fail comprehension in these forums is astounding.
I never argued with you on the world boss. Your point on Zorn is invalid. There is nothing wrong with this spec on Zorn. I argued with all the bosses in EC that you were complaining about. You mentally pigeonholed yourself in MM to a point that you "tried" lethality and found 1 thing wrong. Instead of thinking logically and adjusting, you threw the whole spec away and went back to what you were comfortable in.

If you want to do consistently lower dps by staying MM, feel free. Dont confuse the people who are looking for answers by claiming this spec is terrible because you cant adapt. The difference in damage is huge.

Fled
04.18.2012 , 07:45 AM | #74
Ok so there was a big hole in my dps when switching over to Lethality, and i was only pulling 900 on best attempts in raid...so i went to the dummy, and with just Shatter Shot + Stim pulled solid 1300. which is more in line with what I am looking for.

The reason being, i was missing out on an entire Cull during my "rotation", and was refreshing poinons too quickly. So my rotation is now:

Shatter Shot (opener if u don't have a Jugg on target) CG>CD>WB>Cull > 2 fillers ( SoS + 1, which is usually EP, RS, or TD or just one ambush), here is where my gap was...i was refreshing my poisons and going at it again, BUT there is JUST enough time for ONE MORE Cull before the Strong version of your poisons fall off.

TLDR: This rotation got me 1300 on a dummy with just a rakata stim, class buff + shatter shot:

Shatter Shot (opener if u don't have a Jugg on target) CG>CD>WB>Cull > filler until Cull is off CD>Cull

psi_overtake
04.18.2012 , 08:36 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Fled View Post
Shatter Shot (opener if u don't have a Jugg on target) CG>CD>WB>Cull > filler until Cull is off CD>Cull
You should remember OS for the opener. It does fantastic DPE.

I use SS > OS > TA > normal rotation stuff for 4 reasons:
1. OS is great DPE and should always be used when up.
2. Charging OS will regen the small energy loss from SS.
3. TA will gain you back some energy so you can get through your rotation. You can use 1-2 Rifle Shots to bring you back up to 66+, or you can go all-out and make use of AP.
4. Charging OS will allow the tanks a bit of extra time to build aggro on the boss. I don't like when the big guys charge me
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Fled
04.18.2012 , 09:40 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
You should remember OS for the opener. It does fantastic DPE.

I use SS > OS > TA > normal rotation stuff for 4 reasons:
1. OS is great DPE and should always be used when up.
2. Charging OS will regen the small energy loss from SS.
3. TA will gain you back some energy so you can get through your rotation. You can use 1-2 Rifle Shots to bring you back up to 66+, or you can go all-out and make use of AP.
4. Charging OS will allow the tanks a bit of extra time to build aggro on the boss. I don't like when the big guys charge me
All valid points and all duly noted. My main concern was my lack of DPS with this spec, but now that I found the "hole" in my "bare bones" rotation, i will be fleshing it out with all of the above on OP bosses.

P.S. I oh so much miss the ballistic dampers for mitigation, but due to the high mobility of this spec, i will make do with evasion and shield probe.

Piccahontas
04.18.2012 , 05:58 PM | #77
I currently run with 28/11/2 http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/s...8cce3e-600le-c

I can pull higher DPS with 2/8/31 on single target but I found the 28/11/2 build to be more powerful.

The reliance on Corrosive Grenade with Lethality pisses me off for so many reasons:

- Target swapping is a ***** due to the 12 sec CD

- The AOE effect is often terrible, for example if CC is necessary or at the 2nd Boss(the 2 Hovertanks) in Denova. I always gotta kick the 2 adds out of the shield in order to not blow up the shield generator with the CG. If you are grouped with a melee in the shield thats a problem

- putting a CD and CG on a target before you can do any meaningful dmg is a pain in the *** and often total overkill

- With 28/11/2 I can do single target dmg with no reliance on AOE which is very CC friendly.

- I can do insane AOE that totally blows Bounty Hunters out of the water with Orbital Strike and Frag Grenade Spam. Which comes in handy on Denovas 3rd and 4th Boss fight HM.

- I got a lot more survivability with Ballistic Dampeners and Cover Screen.

- I got meaningful dmg during movement with Interrogation Probe, Corrosive Dart, Instant Snipe, Followthrough, 1,5sec Ambush and Explosive Probe

- Its easy to build Interrogation Probe into your rotation due to the increased energy from Sniper Volley.

- Interrogation Probe is better DPE than Corrosive Dart with a few armor debuffs on target

- Imperial Assassin rocks with a few armor debuffs on the target, I do a lot more dmg when paired with a few BH, so I guess they still stack.

- I can burst on demand with no setup time with Dots. The 2/8/31 can do good burst, but doing so will leave you energy starved and if Adrenaline Probe is on CD you got a problem..

Katti/Yoli, Darth Traya EU

Fled
04.19.2012 , 06:20 AM | #78
All very good points. And I agree the set up time for Lethality is not ideal sometimes, and CG is tricky in mob packs that are CC's (feeling gimped by using only CD)

My question is tho, in terms of stat weights for Lethality, is Crit > Power? thanks

psi_overtake
04.19.2012 , 06:56 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Fled View Post
My question is tho, in terms of stat weights for Lethality, is Crit > Power? thanks
Definitely so, because if you don't have crit, you don't regen energy!

The exact point would depend on the rest of your gear, though. You should use Tibbel's Kick-A.S.S.* Spreadsheet of Awesomeness to determine at which point you should go for power over crit

A.S.S. = Awesome Sniper Spreadsheet
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Phlakaton
04.20.2012 , 03:22 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Piccahontas View Post
I currently run with 28/11/2 http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/s...8cce3e-600le-c

I can pull higher DPS with 2/8/31 on single target but I found the 28/11/2 build to be more powerful.

The reliance on Corrosive Grenade with Lethality pisses me off for so many reasons:

- Target swapping is a ***** due to the 12 sec CD

- The AOE effect is often terrible, for example if CC is necessary or at the 2nd Boss(the 2 Hovertanks) in Denova. I always gotta kick the 2 adds out of the shield in order to not blow up the shield generator with the CG. If you are grouped with a melee in the shield thats a problem

- putting a CD and CG on a target before you can do any meaningful dmg is a pain in the *** and often total overkill

- With 28/11/2 I can do single target dmg with no reliance on AOE which is very CC friendly.

- I can do insane AOE that totally blows Bounty Hunters out of the water with Orbital Strike and Frag Grenade Spam. Which comes in handy on Denovas 3rd and 4th Boss fight HM.

- I got a lot more survivability with Ballistic Dampeners and Cover Screen.

- I got meaningful dmg during movement with Interrogation Probe, Corrosive Dart, Instant Snipe, Followthrough, 1,5sec Ambush and Explosive Probe

- Its easy to build Interrogation Probe into your rotation due to the increased energy from Sniper Volley.

- Interrogation Probe is better DPE than Corrosive Dart with a few armor debuffs on target

- Imperial Assassin rocks with a few armor debuffs on the target, I do a lot more dmg when paired with a few BH, so I guess they still stack.

- I can burst on demand with no setup time with Dots. The 2/8/31 can do good burst, but doing so will leave you energy starved and if Adrenaline Probe is on CD you got a problem..

Katti/Yoli, Darth Traya EU
I dig what you're saying... so what is your attack order for a typical fight?
A Mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work if it isnt open