Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Freyar
04.18.2012 , 09:45 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.
Guess what, the game is open to the public. The game is as it is and there's not a thing you can do about it aside from take your money and walk. The event is an event, and that's all there is to it. It will disappear on the 24th with naught but a vanity pet or two, a title, and cosmetic armor.

You really ought to understand that fans of Star Wars in general is really what this game is targeted for. Without a bit of an upset here and there, this game would get old and boring fairly quickly as-is. That's a mighty high horse you're sitting on, I certainly hope it doesn't hurt when you fall.

Ohamsie
04.18.2012 , 09:58 PM | #92
I just want to say that I've been really enjoying this event a lot, I'm a little sad that it will be ending so soon. I don't think I'll reach level 50 in time to take out the 3 new bosses.

Mindgrinder
04.19.2012 , 12:01 AM | #93
Just a question: I have a lvl 17 imperial agent, who got infected on the imperial fleet. Tattooine is a little too high level to get too for the quest. Are there any low-level quests to get rid of this infection, or do I have to get some vaccine for it?

Catch_TwentyTwo
04.19.2012 , 12:20 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
He's saying infected are AFK'ing at the spots where players zone into fleet so that they also become infected.
Been all over Fleet and only got infected once. If you stand AFK then you will get infected. MOve about, or go stand in you hanger...
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Wolftech
04.19.2012 , 12:36 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Ke-il View Post
Okay, people are getting hung up on this thing way too much. You lose NOTHING by getting infected, yet so many complain for no valid reason, whatsoever. Its going to end onthe 24th, a little patience!

Except the time lost on constantly dying or the credits wasted. It was really stupid of Bioware to reward people for griefing others...

Wolftech
04.19.2012 , 12:37 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Catch_TwentyTwo View Post
Been all over Fleet and only got infected once. If you stand AFK then you will get infected. MOve about, or go stand in you hanger...
So where is the galactic terminal, the vendors and the mail boxes in the hanger?

Oh thats right... there isnt any.

Kharnis
04.19.2012 , 12:58 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.
Is there anything you won't complain about?
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

Elhanan
04.19.2012 , 01:03 AM | #98
Bioware,,

Pls be aware that some Players are choosing to infect/ attack others in the Rest Zones/ Safe Areas of the servers. This is problematic enough, but esp on PvE servers where permission is to be obtained first. This appears to fall into the Griefing category of play described as harassment in the RoC. While some may wish to participate in the Event, I for one did not.

Thank you!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

AriosVolXanath
04.19.2012 , 01:13 AM | #99
Love the event, having a blast.

Thank you Bioware, and keep them coming!

Bigdaddygarlic
04.19.2012 , 01:20 AM | #100
@bioware
There is nothing wrong with this event some people just will never be happy.
Don't waste your time on people who call them selfs hardcore and are scared to go outside.