Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anyone else sick and tired of this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
anyone else sick and tired of this?

rjkishida
04.18.2012 , 06:42 PM | #1
weekly maintenance and then 2 days later another patch.

Why not do this at the same time as the weekly maintenance?

If this was an emergency patch (ie something in the weekly maintenance was creating a problem that could not wait to be fixed) that would be more understandable (though given Bioware's history there have been too many emergencies, and many feel they should do better QA before their patches). This is simply "unscheduled" (to quote the post). Given that there was a patch only a couple of days ago, this reeks of bad planning. (which is also representative of Bioware's history with this game).

I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to the upcomming free weekend. There was a patch just before that one as well.

Cue the trollfans about qqing, whatnot.

Freyar
04.18.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2
They do it when it's ready. It's not that big of a deal. Missing out on $0.15 for a single day isn't hardly something to be upset over. I'd be more concerned if patching WASN'T done.

Dezzi
04.18.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
Let's not complain when they fix the game, yeah? Chill.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Bocek
04.18.2012 , 06:51 PM | #4
I am assuming any sort of unscheduled maintenance involve something that really needs to be fixed, if that is the case why not do it now. My only wish is that they would mix up the timing a bit. This is 2 Thursdays in a row where downtime is right in the prime time for us, and for a 1 night a week player it is getting a bit much.

SpazCats
04.18.2012 , 06:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
Let's not complain when they fix the game, yeah? Chill.
I understand your frustrations OP, but, yeah, as long as they're fixing something on that long list of bugs, I will be happy.

Sibonk
04.18.2012 , 07:03 PM | #6
Hello!

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion here:

maintenance, why so much

Thanks!