Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 RE Armormech Bracers/belts/boots/gloves

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
1.2 RE Armormech Bracers/belts/boots/gloves

Shockazilla
04.13.2012 , 03:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Karl-Just-Karl View Post
From The Devlog: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

If 1.2 only allows craftable orange legs, chest and head while sidelining wrists, hands, feet and waist they should probably change the quotation to:

"Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer less than half of the modifiable outfits into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success."

Marketing-wise that doesn't have quite as nice a ring to it.
But the honesty and integrity is irreplaceable.

Nezyrworks
04.13.2012 , 04:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
No you can't RE any orange gear and obtain the orange schematic.

The only orange schematics for Gloves and Boots are from the pvp schematic set boxes. Orange Bracers and Belts still can't be crafted at all.
This post is month old. I do know all of for 2 weeks now...

evoleye
04.13.2012 , 04:55 AM | #23
Very dissappointed that all this talk about RE and basicly we have nothing more than what we started with as far as appearance. Was hoping to craft some orange bracers and belts, guess im stuck with the clone looks.

Kelbun
04.13.2012 , 05:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezyrworks View Post
This is starting to piss me off, because i don't really know if i will be able to learn those oranges or i should sell them on GTM (got 5 identical bracers for trooper, 7 boots, 3 identical belts and 8 identical gloves)... and if i will not get the recipes i just wasted 1.7 million creds...
Ya, you did. We were conned. We cant take just any modable armor, RE it and learn to make it. only certain end game ones.

Kollan
04.13.2012 , 06:23 AM | #25
So... , what the hell.
No Orange boots, bracers, gloves or belts can be made by armormech. They can't be learned, RE'd or discovered or gathered.
And yet almost every craft has got a lot of new mods (augments) schematics, specifically to put in armor aug slots that are crit crafted by synth/armormech crafters.
Except some mention of valor 60/70 pvp armour.
Hmm
Ok for the slow of thinking;
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ORANGE ARMOR ON MY ARMORMECH CRAFTER, INCLUDING BELTS, BRACERS, BOOTS AND GLOVES. IS THIS EVER GOING TO HAPPEN?
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!

Kelbun
04.13.2012 , 06:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Shockazilla View Post
But the honesty and integrity is irreplaceable.
Not tue. Companies replace it with cash all the time.

Tindomul
04.13.2012 , 10:09 AM | #27
If you go to the various PvP vendors they sell "kits" for 50k credits that when opened (like a lockbox) give you schematics to learn the orange version. FYI: The valor ranks still apply. (Battlemaster = valor 60, war hero = valor 70). You can make it, you just cant wear it if you dont have the valor rank.

For example:
-I purchase the Battlemaster Combat Tech kit for 50,000 credits from the BM vendor.
-I receive an item in my inventory
-Right click item, it opens a loot window with 5 orange schematics (Head, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Boots)
-I learn the schematics
-I start crit crafting my gear

They did this for all of the Battlemaster and Warhero gear (as far as I can tell).

So yes, THERE ARE ORANGE GLOVES AND BOOTS for armormechs. As for belts and bracers...I am just as lost as all of you.
Ishum Scaevola - Powertech Tank - Officer

Sith'ari - Prophecy of the Five

Morticoccus
04.13.2012 , 10:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I hope they add those as UT schematic drops, not just more head, chest and legs.
Actually, seeing how many crappy looking headgears are in this game I just want some orange versions of the starting ones, for example the cloth looking headgear for bounty hunters, that one looks great.

Do you hear that BW? We want more head!
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

vescharrelicbane
04.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #29
I really wish they would at least make the schematics available for the rest of the PVP sets, specifically the lvl 40 PVP gear. battlemaster and war hero models are getting old and there are some awesome looking lvl 40 sets that, if i could use, would probably keep me playing the game.

it seems there is a craftable PVE set which has the same models that i want, just not the right color

MaverickXIV
04.18.2012 , 05:05 PM | #30
I'm really hoping that BioWare is ignoring this issue because the "augment-adding-item" feature will be ready for 1.3, and that 1.3 will be out a month after 1.2.

Right now I've put my main on hold because I can't get the look that I want with augment slots, and I don't feel like fully modding something out only to have to pay a small fortune to move them later.

Also, hopefully in 1.3 removing mods will no longer be a credit sink.