Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Freezes Repeatedly when activating dialogue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Freezes Repeatedly when activating dialogue

fitterbr
12.13.2011 , 07:04 AM | #1
Have tried 4 times now and each time I talk to Spindrall, (the 2nd NPC in the SI main story line) the entire game freezes and requires a restart.

VERY frustrating as this is about 5 minutes into the game and I cannot progress any further since this is a class story.

Anyone else having this issue?
(██////////////██████████████████████████████████████)

fitterbr
12.13.2011 , 07:14 AM | #2
So where are the technical support forums?
(██////////////██████████████████████████████████████)

DanStarr
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by fitterbr View Post
So where are the technical support forums?
This is the wrong forum to be posting this question; you won't find the droids you're looking for here.

Try this forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Post a /dxdiag that will help them pinpoint your issue. Sounds like a driver issue.
-Starr

jedipattawan
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by fitterbr View Post
Have tried 4 times now and each time I talk to Spindrall, (the 2nd NPC in the SI main story line) the entire game freezes and requires a restart.

VERY frustrating as this is about 5 minutes into the game and I cannot progress any further since this is a class story.

Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah I have seen latency as high as 70k ms on the first east coast server I logged into. I also froze on dialogue on the last server I tried way down the list.

I did a modem restart, and also repaired the client, but I am guessing the servers are being drained for the life of them. I SSERIOUSLY doubt that all servers have a light population as they are currently showing...
I am a big furry beast, no really, so stop staring and pet me already!!!

Kaskava
12.13.2011 , 07:17 AM | #5
First day problems are first day problems. I think EVERYONE expected this. Everyone with any common sense, anyways.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

SalvorHardin
12.13.2011 , 07:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaskava View Post
First day problems are first day problems. I think EVERYONE expected this. Everyone with any common sense, anyways.
So that would be a very little minority here...