Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerf Denova?


Bodied's Avatar


Bodied
04.18.2012 , 01:43 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by stiksen View Post
Anyone else think this place is really hard on story mode? I guess its all about understanding the mechanic, but realy seems way to hard. We, among other guilds on our server cant get past the first boss, even though we had a few 10% wipes. Most of our members are full columi/rakata geared too, so how can casual guilds get past the damage the first boss fight does, our healers cant keep up.
Denova DOES NOT need a nerf, look what they did to Soa, EV is a joke now and they still left the title in there? so now every guild on the server is running around with The Infernal title... when they nerfed Soa they should have taken the title out of the game. Denova is 2 weeks old go run KP and EV and get full rakata then try.

Eddizel's Avatar


Eddizel
04.18.2012 , 02:08 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
No the aim of the game is to entertain people, is it really that hard to understand that not all people are entertained the same way?
Then don't raid new content. Do old stuff, or do something else. Do whatever makes you happy in this game, or go play another, I don't care, just stay away from the new content so we can enjoy it and keep the nerf monster away for awhile that all the bads try to summon through forum posts and that bioware will inevitably unleash on denova. Just let us have our fun for a few weeks.

Adelise's Avatar


Adelise
04.18.2012 , 02:10 PM | #103
Story mode Denova is meant for people in mostly rakata. It's the equivalent of nightmare Operations, but if you think Denova is too hard, you could gear up via HM EV and HM KP. You could even do nightmare KP for the black hole commendations or corellia dailies. So, if you're truly a casual, you should be able to casually gear up. Casual does not mean clearing all the operations with ease because if you're truly a casual, you shouldn't even be doing 3-4 hour operations(that's how long it takes to clear operations for the first time as opposed to hardcore which can finish things in 2 hours).

If you don't want to learn new fights, don't even do the fights at all, just farm corellia dailies.

Remulan's Avatar


Remulan
04.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Adelise View Post
Story mode Denova is meant for people in mostly rakata. It's the equivalent of nightmare Operations, but if you think Denova is too hard, you could gear up via HM EV and HM KP. You could even do nightmare KP for the black hole commendations or corellia dailies. So, if you're truly a casual, you should be able to casually gear up. Casual does not mean clearing all the operations with ease because if you're truly a casual, you shouldn't even be doing 3-4 hour operations(that's how long it takes to clear operations for the first time as opposed to hardcore which can finish things in 2 hours).

If you don't want to learn new fights, don't even do the fights at all, just farm corellia dailies.
How does your post make any sense at all? Story mode EC is meant to be for people who have completed story mode EV/KP, nothing more. This is directly from the developers of the game. It currently does not follow this progression path. HM EC is meant for people that have completed HM EV/KP and NMM EC is supposed to be the hardest challenge in the game.

I don't understand why all you elistist people think story mode EC should be soulcrushingly hard bordering on impossible for a raid group that is only competant enough to do story mode EV/KP. I mean it is kind of funny reading post after post of people telling the story mode raider to go farm hardmode content in order to progress in story mode, but it stops being funny pretty quickly.

Adelise's Avatar


Adelise
04.18.2012 , 03:05 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Remulan View Post
How does your post make any sense at all? Story mode EC is meant to be for people who have completed story mode EV/KP, nothing more. This is directly from the developers of the game. It currently does not follow this progression path. HM EC is meant for people that have completed HM EV/KP and NMM EC is supposed to be the hardest challenge in the game.

I don't understand why all you elistist people think story mode EC should be soulcrushingly hard bordering on impossible for a raid group that is only competant enough to do story mode EV/KP. I mean it is kind of funny reading post after post of people telling the story mode raider to go farm hardmode content in order to progress in story mode, but it stops being funny pretty quickly.
Actually, I'm a casual. We only do like 4-5 hours of raiding a week. Night mare EC does not exist. Story mode Explosive conflict is tier 2 and as Bioware said is suppose to be for people in full columi. You CAN do it in full columi, but if you want it easy, you should farm rakata. FYI, HM was nerfed to hell in 1.2. SOA who used to be a challenge is now a joke, even for people in less than full columi. Not to mention the augments that can now be given to every class, that's 100+ main stats for every class for just bracers, belt, weapons, and two pieces of gear. There's a total of 12 augments that can be given without any operations. That means columi can now be bumped up to rakata from pre 1.2 from augments alone.

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
04.18.2012 , 03:10 PM | #106
Meh I'm actually sick of replying now :P EC normal is tuned for people in full columi, which is what drops is story ev andkp. So in that sense its fine.

What's causing issues is that tactics bow have to be executed properly with few mistakes to kill a boss. And the issue is not with EC (because it ain't that complex or crazy) but with EV and KP. People have become used to the easyness that is EV and KP, and they simply need a bit of time to adapt their play and well start raiding the way its meant to be done.

Having said that it may get nerfed a bit in future, but I sincerely hope its not before nightmare is released. I'm all for 3 difficulties. But to satisfy everyone is difficult. Nightmare has to be hard enough to challenge the majority of hardcore raiders, and story has to be easy enough to be done by casual guilds.

And so without making the gap between all these difficulties massive, the players have to become a little bit better, but more than anything, more coordinated.

These bosses arnt much harder than some 4m content, its the coordination of more people that's required that brings the so called difficulty.

Yet in some way I do believe it should be a little bit easier so that people struggle a hit less, leaving Hardmode for the hardcore and semi hardcore guilds.
But again like I said, a lot of guilds who are casual - if its too easy, they will clear Story mode, and expecting HM to be he next step, will go into HM and get crushed! Do you suggest those guilds should be partly punished by the nerf too? Cause tbh is suspect they make up a larger majority of population than the people begging for a nerf

BoneEater's Avatar


BoneEater
04.18.2012 , 03:18 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
...

Not everyone considers wiping all night trying to learn the dance steps as fun. Many will come into this place wipe a half a dozen times and just quit raiding.

...
Weird. That's what I did one hour ago.

I find it hilarious that "normal mode" was changed to "story mode". Oh yeah, I can see that.

inb4 elitist "hardcore" olololh4cKz0r raiders: I'm a WoW vet who had everything down on HM.
The reason I joined this game was to not wipe 3 hours on one boss anymore and shoot blood out of my ears while learning the fight, but to have casual fun with my gildies. That's what story mode is for, you have your hard modes, that's fine, stay there, I don't give a ****.

So, yeah, first boss, way too overtuned. For story mode. Don't tell me otherwise. Don't swim in my waters, I won't swim in your's, everyones happy.

Stay in your *******HM and don't claim story mode for yourself, which was made for an entirely different sort of player, you ****s.
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

Remulan's Avatar


Remulan
04.18.2012 , 03:19 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
But again like I said, a lot of guilds who are casual - if its too easy, they will clear Story mode, and expecting HM to be he next step, will go into HM and get crushed! Do you suggest those guilds should be partly punished by the nerf too? Cause tbh is suspect they make up a larger majority of population than the people begging for a nerf
It is a lot better for a guild to be crushed by HM after clearing story mode than to be crushed by what is supposed to be the next step in their progression. I am all for making people play better, but the gap is too wide between story mode EV/KP and story mode EC atm.

sladay's Avatar


sladay
04.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #109
my guild did a fine job of progressing to the final boss on sm, it just took a few tries to get the mechanics worked out for each boss. So i think that its fine the way it is.
The force is strong in this one!

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
04.18.2012 , 04:05 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Remulan View Post
It is a lot better for a guild to be crushed by HM after clearing story mode than to be crushed by what is supposed to be the next step in their progression. I am all for making people play better, but the gap is too wide between story mode EV/KP and story mode EC atm.
Yep I do actually agree with you. And a lot of people tried to warn BW about this. End of the day it is Story EV and KP that is undertuned and always has been. They tried to make the opening tier easy for all the new players - and it makes sense, since they didn't just make the game for ex-WoW raiders but also for players new to MMOs entirely.

They could have very slowly raisd the difficulty bar with each new Raid and maybe we would never hear of it being too hard. BUT we DID complain about it being too easy - it wasn't just the hardcore, even Casual complained that it was too easy.
So BW did the only thing they could do - panicked slightly and upped the difficulty. So although it's still not that hard, Compared to EV/KP it has become half a world apart in difficulty.

Still, I honestly dont see them nerfing it till Nightmare is released, if ever. With the changes that are being made - new raiders who join guilds will be able to catch up Gear-wise using Story mode of raids or HM of Old raids, but essentially EV/KP will eventually become obsolete, which is probably the best thing for the overall Raiding scene in this game.