Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

StephenReid
04.18.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1
Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week, with the development team hard at work on the next Game Update, he's asking for feedback on a planned feature.

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account (@JamesOhlen), but if you're not on Twitter, his question is below and you can give your feedback here which will be passed on to him. You can also cast your vote on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you? Is it forming a group for Operations, for Flashpoints, for Heroics, for something else - or do you have no preference?

As a note; at this time the Group Finder feature in development is limited to searching on a single server only.

You can vote in the attached poll on these options.

As a reminder, you can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen. You can also follow our main account @SWTOR.

Merex
04.18.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2
All of the above in order to compete with competition. A group finder for everything mentioned in the poll would be a huge step forward. It can't just be for one of those things.

NickM
04.18.2012 , 03:05 PM | #3
I'm hoping flashpoints first and foremost, if you are asking this to judge priority. After that, Heroics, and then Operations.

Operations are usually handled by guilds or groups of friends anyway. Heroics can usually be done by gathering a few people on the planet, if not soloed pretty easily.

When WoW did their "raid finder," they had to add an additional lower level of difficulty. So rather than their raids being easy (which they most certainly were) the raid finder difficulty was "Click here for epics."

Don't do that.

Tonkah
04.18.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Merex View Post
All of the above in order to compete with competition. A group finder for everything mentioned in the poll would be a huge step forward. It can't just be for one of those things.
This. It's absolutely imperative to get a group finder for all group activities. Preferably one that has an "auto-join" option for those who are less picky.

Merex
04.18.2012 , 03:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NickM View Post
I'm hoping flashpoints first and foremost, if you are asking this to judge priority. After that, Heroics, and then Operations.

Operations are usually handled by guilds or groups of friends anyway. Heroics can usually be done by gathering a few people on the planet, if not soloed pretty easily.

When WoW did their "raid finder," they had to add an additional lower level of difficulty. So rather than their raids being easy (which they most certainly were) the raid finder difficulty was "Click here for epics."

Don't do that.
I'd be fine with everything but operations. Flashpoints and Heroic Missions are definitely the most important. Granted, accessibility is huge in MMOs now. Clicking a button and being able to raid is a HUGE advantage "that other game" has. Bioware will eventually need that to compete.

And with how spread out the population is, the only option for the group finder is for it to be cross-server, or queues will be too long. I know it's going to be single server at first, but it's guaranteed that this tool will need to be expanded to cross-server. Just watch. I expect a lot of hate for that comment, but I'm just being realistic here.

lorelthesecond
04.18.2012 , 03:06 PM | #6
Keep it same server no X server LFG please.

Azax
04.18.2012 , 03:06 PM | #7
No ops plz, wow did that and its a joke fest.

Dapopeah
04.18.2012 , 03:07 PM | #8
The most important thing about a group finder is for people to use it!

I'm not sure what the issue is with most people, but they seem to refuse to use the finder app. I'll see people standing in Fleet, BEGGING for a group and when I look in the LFG too, they're not listed. >.<
Following the Force since 1978

Bomyne
04.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #9
From the choices, All of the above. I would love to be able to sit in a queue in order to finish X heroic on Coruscant, for example.

Not listed in the choices: Cross server. It's a pain trying to find a group at a server's offpeak time period. Even the Warzone group finder has trouble during off peak. In my opinion, Crossserver is the MOST important feature for a group finder so that we can find a group for Flashpoints using players from the entire community.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

ChriLarsson
04.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #10
Flashpoints is for sure the most important. Its important for level50 to have something to without a to much big struggle to form a group, as well when leveling to be able to take a "break from quest" and do some flashpoints with a group

Operations can be skipped, cant see any reason there really. this ones can be handel trough chats @ fleet / guilds etc.

Heroic mission would come in second for sure ppl can be able to wanna do them after they left the planet or if they chilling @ fleet etc. So that would be nice.
Myself only done a ew heroic2+ quests while leveling, so for future chars whould be cool to be able to do them all + all 4heroic