Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black armor during conversation?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beefyandbeef
04.18.2012 , 06:33 AM | #1
Anyone else having this problem, I will be in a conversation and everything but my helmet goes black...I don't mind it that much its just so weird and i thought bioware might want to know, I am a lvl 46 trooper on voss but it has happened other places to....
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness

Kindajenin
04.18.2012 , 06:37 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings beefyandbeef,

Can you please try running the Repair function on the launcher. To do this please open the launcher and then click on the Cog icon.

Thank you for your continuing patience in this matter.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DarkDreden
04.18.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
I've had my eyes and hair go black in conversations, I find that quitting and restarting the game solves the problem for a little while.

But I did a repair on my SWTOR install yesterday and haven't had the problem since.

DarqueShade
04.18.2012 , 06:58 AM | #4
I've run the repair function countless times over the last 5 days to fix other problems like the cooldowns not working on all characters and such (and that never fixed it in the long term hence the 10 or so repairs to date)

and still I get the same as this thread mentions too.

during conversations..one or two of the characters occasionally turn black like their skins are missing.
eyes may turn black by themselves and nothing else..its random but it does still happen.

XcomCaveRat
04.18.2012 , 07:12 AM | #5
This happens regularly to my female Sage wearing Slave Girl top. In conversation cimetatics her skin looks shiny polished black. First I thought it had something to do with Bloom. I turned that off, and oh joy.. it became normal again. Then it started happening again even with Bloom off. Doesn't happen ALL the time though.