Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

bruced
04.18.2012 , 03:37 AM | #91
Go play wow if you want easymode. quit qqing

arnoldlol
04.18.2012 , 04:31 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
Wiping all night is fun for you, don't presume it's fun for everyone else.

But here's the thing I don't understand. If you want to wipe all night, do hardmode and nightmare when it comes out. Why you all are demanding story mode be for the "hardcores" is beyond me. You are NOT the target audience for this content. Story mode is made for people who like "easy mode crap" as you put it. Stop demanding that everything be about YOU.
The "hardcores" blow through story mode content on live. The only people struggling are the target audience. If you want content to faceroll go clear ev/kp until next tier is released, then you can roll through EC. Raiding isn't a loot giveaway. It takes effort, and coordination. Bioware really **** the bed on the first tier, and they know that. That also doesn't mean you should get used to that difficulty because it's not actual raiding.

Best of luck downing content.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Spartanik
04.18.2012 , 05:33 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewgal View Post
I am not so certain. If only 10% of players or less are able to do the new ops content (and Flashpoint for that matter) then it likely will be re-tuned to something more do-able by the average player. After all the average player is the majority of the Bioware SWTOR paying customers. Way it goes for better or worst usually.
For the majority of players there is the majority of flashpoints. Why the hardcore people cant have at least one?!
that way everyone happy.
Note im not even an hardcore, but im glad there is something in this game hard enough that only some people can get it done, it gives will to one to get it done eventualy and achieve one day the completion of that flashpoint.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Zyriak
04.18.2012 , 05:49 AM | #94
There is something fantastic, previous tier people were all saying that it was too easy. Now it is too hard ... The only difficulty is too be coordinated. If you can't you have to improve your gameplay and adapt. Most people have lost this capacity of adaptation.

Come on people, for once it's challenging. Don't look on the loots, the aim of a game is not to be geared it's to be challenged and to succeed in it. For that you need to put some effort in it if not it's not interesting.

The difficulty is fine, it's not for hardcore gamers. Before TOR was released people hoped to have a game that will be challenging. We are beggining to have one don't kill PVE on TOR with QQing. You QQed on PVP look what it brought.

Krewel
04.18.2012 , 06:06 AM | #95
Kind of reminds me when Ulduar was released after so many facerolling months of lolNaxx 2.0 ... well, I just hope Bioware continues the trend of making raids more difficult (not to mention bug-free and fun) as time goes on. When "that other MMO" caved in to the "epics-for-all" crowd, the slippery slope of constant nerfs and constant demands quickly followed

So far, so good, I say. For a second tier of raiding content Explosive Conflict is definitely a step forward.

krinaman
04.18.2012 , 06:39 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Andex View Post
The point of this <insertcoolstorybro> is this: Nerfing Denova is not the answer. Practice, patience, and the right group of people willing to trudge through the muck of it is.
You hit the nail on the head. The right group of people willing to trudge through it. People are paying money to be entertained not go on long tedious walks through a raid. This whole notion that you must suffer through the content to "earn" your gear is simply bizzare.

krinaman
04.18.2012 , 06:42 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyriak View Post
Don't look on the loots, the aim of a game is not to be geared it's to be challenged and to succeed in it.
No the aim of the game is to entertain people, is it really that hard to understand that not all people are entertained the same way?

Ruuprect
04.18.2012 , 07:54 AM | #98
Wiping all night is fun for you, don't presume it's fun for everyone else.

But here's the thing I don't understand. If you want to wipe all night, do hardmode and nightmare when it comes out. Why you all are demanding story mode be for the "hardcores" is beyond me. You are NOT the target audience for this content. Story mode is made for people who like "easy mode crap" as you put it. Stop demanding that everything be about YOU.
We are by no means hardcore and we got it done in 2 nights. Once you master the mechanics its easy. The only real tuff part is the bombadiers on the last boss, they create a pretty tight enrage, that may be the only part that is slightly overtuned.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Codek
04.18.2012 , 08:02 AM | #99
No the aim of the game is to entertain people, is it really that hard to understand that not all people are entertained the same way?
I'm entertained! Guess it's just not the right game for you.
~Codek

alifaraaz
04.18.2012 , 01:34 PM | #100
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

...sorry I watched Gladiator last week