Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Daily Missions and the Operative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Daily Missions and the Operative

QisaBluevixen
04.13.2012 , 02:07 AM | #11
Did the new Black Hole quests. Pretty dull really. The heroic 4 is ok, but too long for 3 commendations. Didn't get any companion affection changes on the quests either since they are mostly started/ended at a mission box rather than a NPC. I may or may not add those quests to this post.
I don't have a picture because I don't exist ... officially.
Q'isa - Battlemaster Lethality Operative
Qisa Bluevixen - Centurion MM Sniper
LFL in Alderaan Places

tomtenils
04.16.2012 , 10:07 AM | #12
I wish to thank QisaBluevixen for creating this guide and to the others that also has provided input. It is I believe the most useful forum posting I have seen so far.

QisaBluevixen
04.16.2012 , 12:45 PM | #13
Good to hear.

I thought this was going to be a pretty quick project, but it has enveloped my playing time for much of the last 2 weeks. I still need to get the earpiece for my sniper, but I don't know if I can bring myself to grind it out without stealth.
LFL in Alderaan Places

Tehunseen
04.18.2012 , 02:39 AM | #14
The H4 Black Hole quest can be solo'd as op, though can be tricky and all the time you save skipping trash you waste on the last champ boss.Think il only bother doing it once a week.

edit: and thanks for this post btw

QisaBluevixen
04.18.2012 , 11:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tehunseen View Post
The H4 Black Hole quest can be solo'd as op, though can be tricky and all the time you save skipping trash you waste on the last champ boss.Think il only bother doing it once a week.

edit: and thanks for this post btw
Care to share your methods for soloing the mission? I beat the bodyguard to get the key (by using the same method I used on Raxxus), but in the final room I couldn't solo 3 strongs and an elite - I kited them around a while but they eventually wore me down. And I think there's another wave of strongs and normals after that before getting to the champion. Feel free to send me a private message if you want.

I like having the option to solo even if it's time-consuming for the times I can't find a group.
LFL in Alderaan Places

Avemira
04.19.2012 , 09:46 AM | #16
I am not sure what's Tehunseen's strategy to solo H4 but I can share with you with mine.

I am healing Operative, I use Temple as companion with AoE abilities turned off.
So up to the last chamber it's quite easy to solo the problem comes when 3 strong mobs and one elite spawn.
I put Kolto Probes on myself and companion before pushing the button. After pushing it there is a brief pause before the mobs are spawned so precast orbital bombardment, also allows you to start Stim boost.
Assign Temple on some strong mob, pop Evasion and Shield and help with dps. By the time the shields ends the 1st mob should be dead. All mobs should be hammering you.
Assign Temple on another strong mob and throw flashbang. Immediately after it damage the focused mob so Temple will continue dpsing him. You will be probably quite low on health by this time but don't fall back to healing yourself yet. Debilitate -> Eviscerate -> Backstab the focused mob and start healing yourself. The focused mob should be almost dead when other enemies kick back into fight. Now is the time for Endorphin rush, Medpacks and other healing CDs. When the 2 strong mobs are dead it should be easy to heal yourself.
Be careful to not let Ensign take the aggro through fight. There isn't much time/health for taking aggro back or healing 2 targets.

After this pack pull back a bit behind corner so the ads will come approximately into same spot. Turn AoE abilities of companion ON and select Assault mode (AoE). The ads can be basically AoEd like this. Dps only with Frag grenades, Orbital strikes and finish almost death enemies. It's not that hard.
The final boss is even more simple to solo

And yes I like to solo difficult heroic missions too
Have Fun.

Tehunseen
04.20.2012 , 08:42 PM | #17
My Gear isn't great ( mix of centurion/champion/custom w/50 mods) and a basic concealment spec.

Only the first wave is hard.
I started with kaliyo out, hit Heroic Moment/relic/adrenal just as the mobs drop, get Kaliyo straight onto the elite so i don't get hit by that knock-back, drop OS/Legacy OS/legacy Lightning storm and the legacy unity cd (which i did have to buy purely for this :P) make sure to interrupt that channeled cast the elite uses. Saved shield/evasion for when i was about 50% and also had a squad med unit to use. I still had to cc/kite the elite around for a little thanks to missing an interrupt.

once that pack was down i switched to Lokin and just made sure one strong was cc'd, only 2 will be up at a time i think, focused the weak mobs down till they stop coming, then started on the strongs.

The last guy is easy, can just los/kite him around the center if it starts getting a bit dicey, does take a while though.

So what i lacked in gear Biochem probably made up for.

tahyri
04.21.2012 , 07:49 PM | #18
Just a heads up that you're missing A Tightened Grip from Lord Tetsu on Ilum. The only companion affection is Kaylio who gets 15 from choice 3 at the first conversation point.

QisaBluevixen
04.24.2012 , 01:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tahyri View Post
Just a heads up that you're missing A Tightened Grip from Lord Tetsu on Ilum. The only companion affection is Kaylio who gets 15 from choice 3 at the first conversation point.
Excellent! Thanks for finding that. I hadn't gone far enough into the Imperial Base Camp to notice that mission indicator before. I ran through the mission quickly to verify it and added it to the original post. It's terribly easy, though a bit out of the way.
LFL in Alderaan Places

Karolyn
04.27.2012 , 04:35 PM | #20
"The jedi is annoying to kill as a Sniper for one simple reason - Lokin likes to break your Leg Shot. If I could just Leg Shot him, run to the other side of the room while Lokin heals me, then unload until he gets to me and repeat, it wouldn't be hard at all. But having to micromanage Lokin makes it more challenging (wish he had a "just follow me and heal me and stop adding your pathetic 20 dps" stance)."

Take his gun away, he'll become a pure healbot