Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris Memory Leak

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Powerwordhot
12.16.2011 , 10:35 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by AmagonofBloodfin View Post
soon™

-.-
/cry

Ohoni
12.16.2011 , 10:40 PM | #152
Possible workaround (if not a great one)
I had an issue with Tarris a couple months back (and Imp Balmorra too) in which after a period of time (which varied from thirty minutes on Taris to only a couple minutes on Balmorra) the game would lock up, the audio stuttering, my whole computer non-responsive, and I'd only get a second or two of activity out of every minute or so. I could eventually alt-f4 out, but that's about it.

At the time this was happening, I had a GeForce 8800GTS 320MB video card. I had another card lying around, a 9800GT 512MB, so I dropped that one in, and didn't have the problem since, even after spending hours on Balmorra (which had been seizing within seconds before that).

So maybe the video card change fixed it. There's definitely something wrong with the game code, because that lock-up issue never happened on any other game or software on my computer, but something about changing video cards, maybe the increase memory or something, was able to bypass the flaw.

tjpb
12.16.2011 , 10:57 PM | #153
You know the worst part of this is I can only attempt to do anything once every 2-3 hours cause it puts me back in a queue of over 1000 people that takes forever to get on only to get stuck- Please just move my character to the fleet or at least let me push the button that does it- now working on over 8 hours in queue

tyriuse
12.16.2011 , 11:01 PM | #154
Spoiler
SQUIRREL !!! hooah

Elysiumx
12.16.2011 , 11:08 PM | #155
Elysium
Tarro Blood

AmagonofBloodfin
12.16.2011 , 11:17 PM | #156
and now I just got kicked out of a 1200 man queue @ around 200 left to go....

oh and I apparently cannot get back in queue.

I see my $70+ I paid for the next 6 months of playtime is already hard at work.

/rantoff

Darkmoone
12.16.2011 , 11:22 PM | #157
Darkmoone

Helm of Graush

Please move my character, i cant' play more than 10 seconds before crashing.

DavidBass
12.16.2011 , 11:25 PM | #158 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your patience while we gathered more information for you. At this time, Customer Service is going to help move you off of Taris so your characters are no longer stuck. While this won't fix the core issue on Taris (which is still under investigation), it will allow you to once again use those characters.

If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to Customer Service with all the details about your character (Name and Server). If you aren't able to do so in-game, you can do it from our website here. Please only submit one ticket, and then hang tight until CS is able to respond and assist you. This may take some time, so in the meantime either take the night off or play with a different character.

Thanks again for all the information! I'll update you all when I can regarding the state of Taris.

AmagonofBloodfin
12.16.2011 , 11:27 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your patience while we gathered more information for you. At this time, Customer Service is going to help move you off of Taris so your characters are no longer stuck. While this won't fix the core issue on Taris (which is still under investigation), it will allow you to once again use those characters.

If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to Customer Service with all the details about your character (Name and Server). If you aren't able to do so in-game, you can do it from our website here. Please only submit one ticket, and then hang tight until CS is able to respond and assist you. This may take some time, so in the meantime either take the night off or play with a different character.

Thanks again for all the information! I'll update you all when I can regarding the state of Taris.
thanks.

Darkmoone
12.16.2011 , 11:40 PM | #160
How fast can we expect a response when we submit a ticket?