Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Someone give me a reason not to drop Artifice.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Someone give me a reason not to drop Artifice.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 08:46 PM | #1
I can't see any reason to keep it once my alt gets 50, he's 47 atm.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 10:18 PM | #2
38 views, no responses, heh. I'll check back later and bump this thread back to page 1 from page 10.

DefenderLINN's Avatar


DefenderLINN
04.17.2012 , 10:22 PM | #3
Critted elegant LS - 350k. Hawkye crystal - 150k.

Veeius's Avatar


Veeius
04.17.2012 , 10:23 PM | #4
if there's a place to buy enhancements, then drop it. But I don't know where enhancements are sold.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 10:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DefenderLINN View Post
Critted elegant LS - 350k. Hawkye crystal - 150k.
Tried that, the market has already tanked on my server with them selling in the low 100ks. If I'm lucky 1 in 6 will crit. The non-crits I can't GIVE away or RE.

Not worth it. Not good enough to keep the skill when I can easily drop Archaeology and/or Treasure Hunting and pick a much much more lucrative gathering skill.

Cerion's Avatar


Cerion
04.17.2012 , 10:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DefenderLINN View Post
Critted elegant LS - 350k. Hawkye crystal - 150k.
bah, why indulge him? He doesn't really want to be convinced, so nothing you say will convince him otherwise.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 10:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Veeius View Post
if there's a place to buy enhancements, then drop it. But I don't know where enhancements are sold.
Ok, so I make a set of enhancements when my alt hits 49... then what? This is what I actually plan on doing. My question is why keep the skill once I've done that?

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 10:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
bah, why indulge him? He doesn't really want to be convinced, so nothing you say will convince him otherwise.
Umm, don't put words in my mouth chief. I'm open to all arguments.

Serbegorn's Avatar


Serbegorn
04.17.2012 , 10:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DefenderLINN View Post
Critted elegant LS - 350k. Hawkye crystal - 150k.
I'll look into the hawkeye crystal but it's starting to seem like vendored and quest dropped crystals will win out over any crafted ones.

edit: Just took a look. Seems the market is still decent for the new crystals. 80k average, 2mill for the expertise ones (I'm on a pvp server). Hope I get lucky enough to get a schematic for one.

Cerion's Avatar


Cerion
04.17.2012 , 10:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Serbegorn View Post
Umm, don't put words in my mouth chief. I'm open to all arguments.
Just drop the skill. I'm not going to convince you otherwise because you don't want to be convinced. It's a thinly veiled woe-is-me Imma artificer whine.

You've already proven my point with your replies to those who took you sincerely. Nuff said.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.