Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Roleplaying dead on the forums?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Is Roleplaying dead on the forums?

SediarSago
04.16.2012 , 10:19 PM | #1
I remember a time where you would have at least 20 RPs going on at once. Now I look and there are only 3 pages and about 5 ongoing RPs. What happened to the great RPing community of SWTOR?
"I feel a great disturbance in the Forums, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in joy, and were suddenly silenced." - DarthPravus

FlippinFlapJack
04.17.2012 , 11:57 AM | #2
Has anyone ever tried Gnads hair removal products?

ScarletBlaze
04.17.2012 , 03:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
I remember a time where you would have at least 20 RPs going on at once. Now I look and there are only 3 pages and about 5 ongoing RPs. What happened to the great RPing community of SWTOR?

I know my guild has taken it off TOR and looking at goggle or another site as such. One reason was one of our guild members have trouble accessing these forums and two even though you say closed or semi-closed there is still a chance you get people on it that can create a problem.

I know in the past when we were doing it I had to get posts removed because of the problem. Doesn't happen often but when it does it can interrupt a roleplay.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Leese
04.17.2012 , 05:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Has anyone ever tried Gnads hair removal products?
lol random.
Leese
Dirty Ewoks
The Harbinger

Matieu
04.17.2012 , 06:59 PM | #5
Quite a bit of RPers left this site when the game was released. More have taken it in game. In short, for the most part it is, indeed, dead.
Matieu Khai Smuggler for hire.
Matieu... 50 Scoundrel.-- Kai'ne... 50 Sentinel
Mateyu... 50 Trooper -- Cai'ne... 50 Operative
Valin... 50 Gunslinger

Lucifersfinest
01.30.2013 , 07:05 PM | #6
I Wouldn't say dead, I'd say in a coma, I for one still go to the play by post daily, theres a few people who do it also, I HIGHLY recommend you come in and say hello,
"Inside of everyone huh? sounds a lot like Madness" - The Kinshin Asura,

Bodaciousbaconn
01.30.2013 , 09:52 PM | #7
Actually, the servers took a big hit when BioWare or whoever wiped the forums clean at one point. LOTS of RPers (myself and my old guild included) headed off to SWTOR-RP.com and websites. The forums here never really recovered after the wipe.
Quote: Originally Posted by befear View Post
Even in life you do dailies.

soulhunterby
02.25.2013 , 10:32 PM | #8
It seems to be dead on the SWTOR-RP. I threw one of my OOC sign ups and got no reply on the RP website...got several replies here...so...bleh. :/

I loved RPing...I was quite a frequent RPer here...I loved it! I'm actually very sad to see it in such a state of shambles now.
∑э>╣████████████████████████████████\
Lord Soul Rioun - Husband, Father, Warrior.