Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making babies...

Cartooon
04.17.2012 , 02:59 PM | #1
Yeh I said it and I'm genuinely curious now that the legacy update has arrived and you can make your own family tree.

It's a bit of the lore I'm unsure of and don't really know much about. Can different races in the star wars universe interbreed and have children? If so are the children cross breeds or just the race of either their father or mother?

I just want to know as to keep my legacy realistic to the universe. Keep it sensible people :P.

DeutschGamer
04.17.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2
Some races are compatible, others aren't. Go look on Wookiepedia or other star wars sources for specifics on the races.

Crezelle
04.17.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
my chiss agent was blue haaired, but since shes paired with a black haired human, i made her kids pale skinned and black haired. if they breed, i might just adopt, or make humans since then theyd only be 1/4 chiss

i still wish you could see your companions reactions to the new " additions" to the ship, even if you don't raise them actively, and its all behind the scenes
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

chimex
04.17.2012 , 03:07 PM | #4
I'm not sure about inter-species breeding, however I believe i read someplace it cannot be done (eg: no twi'lek/human child cross breed), but don't qoute me for truth on this.

However, if it's something like human and cyborg, I see no reason why not, or even human and Miraluka can likely be done (if the jedi code allows it). Worse comes worse, you can always "adopt" another species.

Have a looksee online, if it sparks some of your imagination, I say go for it

x
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

ZaRree
04.17.2012 , 03:10 PM | #5
Wondering the same, how about humans and siths?
As i understands it all sith purebloods are mixture of dark Jedi and Sith, so this should work right?

DeutschGamer
04.17.2012 , 03:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaRree View Post
Wondering the same, how about humans and siths?
As i understands it all sith purebloods are mixture of dark Jedi and Sith, so this should work right?
Sith pureblood, pure blood meaning that they are from a lineage untainted by another species interbreeding. However, you are correct that humans (specifically Dark Jedi exiled long ago) bred with the Sith to form the current generation of mixed breeds. At this point true sith with no tainted lineage are but all died out, but I'm sure there are a few who are still true "pure bloods". Otherwise the quest giver on Korriban to search lineages wouldn't bother or find himself superior, apparently some lines kept their family from breeding with outsiders. That's my interpretation of it.

Twi'leks, in the latest incarnation of canon via Clone Wars had hybrid children with humans, so apparently it is possible. Near human species can have children with humans, like Mirialans and I think Zabrak too.

AngelousWang
04.17.2012 , 03:47 PM | #7
Only Humans and Near-Humans can interbreed with each other (so most playable species in SWTOR are compatible).

The more exotic species cannot interbreed with Humans or each other.

Sith and Human interbreeding was only possible because the original Dark Jedi altered themselves with SIth DNA and Sith Magic (Darkside powers) to make themselves unnaturally comparable.

The Entire Sith Pureblood species is direct result of Darkside power and SIth magics.
CE VIP

Radioactivetoad
04.17.2012 , 03:51 PM | #8
It was awhile back, but I remember seeing a Clone Wars episode where a clone deserter married a Twilek and had kids. If I'm remembering right, one of the kids (or the only kid, it's been awhile, as I said) had very short, stunty head tails.

Crezelle
04.17.2012 , 05:06 PM | #9
i dont see why chiss couldn't, as chiss are a subspecies of human that was isolated for a period of time, and wiki says theyre pretty much identical biologically, exept for metabolism and the children maturing early
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Scramasax
04.17.2012 , 06:24 PM | #10
Interestingly enough I had this very conversation with some friends this past weekend. I was curious as to which species could successfully produce offspring with humans. One of my friends posited an interesting theory: species that can more or less be represented by "painted humans" (Chiss, Zabrak, Mirialan, etc.) can reproduce with humans, while species that would have to be represented in the movies via puppets or CGI cannot. I don't know if this matches up with the lore exactly, but it seems logical to me. Chiss and Zabrak are so remarkably structurally similar to humans anyway that, barring incompatible sexual organs, it seems highly unlikely that they would be unable to reproduce.

I also like this theory because it allows my Zabrak to have Vector's babies. I bet they're just adorable. <3