Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Sound *argh my ears*

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saiaku
04.15.2012 , 10:22 AM | #91
This is what happens when you take a hundred-million dollar project and use junior coders fresh from college/university.
Hidden Beks -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

KurganNazzir
04.15.2012 , 06:32 PM | #92
I think someone may have already mentioned this but it's my first time experiencing it. I've been on Tatooine for around 9hrs now and maybe 2-3hrs ago I suddenly had that constant jet engine like noise while I was standing at Jeelvic and it's pretty darn loud, louder than how I hear it at the Fleet. I finally just exited the game and logged back in, sound is starting up again; beginning kind of quiet and will eventually get loud again. /sigh
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Orlesian
04.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #93
Plenty of people have this issue, including me. I have been on Tatooine all day with the jet engine sound playing loudly. Lovely.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Kleve
04.15.2012 , 06:55 PM | #94
Also, don't know if anyone's already pointed this out, but jesus the lightsaber humming sound is about to make me have a seizure.

Morthaur
04.15.2012 , 07:07 PM | #95
I was loosing the vocals from cutscenes, mine and the npcs on Voss yesterday, from general chat I dont think I was the only one, plus my blue nose and ears show throw my hood now where they didnt pre 1.2, I suspect the graphics have been dumbed down.

KurganNazzir
04.15.2012 , 11:21 PM | #96
So, after a few hours of that jet engine sound (I ended up turning the slider down) I also had a semi-loud crackling noise that wouldn't go away. Really strange and annoying.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Naizgrel
04.15.2012 , 11:22 PM | #97
Why do cannons from Civil war sound like little blasters ? LOL
Sev, i know you are alive.

Beratac
04.16.2012 , 02:09 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiaku View Post
This is what happens when you take a hundred-million dollar project and use junior coders fresh from college/university.
and you can tell they are so concerned about it that they aren't doing squat about it RIGHT NOW.. I believe that they just take a laid back approach because they've made their money.. otherwise.. servers would have come down rick tic to get it done, or at least focus work on a emergency patch to get it fix. They don't bw would just rather let us keep plugging away with shoddy sound. Its starting to be buisness as ususal with this sort of thing. I'm really losing faith in them to take any of our concerns to heart.

#1. Broken sound
#2. Broken 1.2 patch
#3. Broken promotion for 1.2
#4. Failed its client base with Ranked PVP

Yep buisness as usual with the amature hour.

AllisonBerryman
04.17.2012 , 03:06 PM | #99 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone - thanks for reporting the sound issues you've seen since 1.2. I can confirm that fixes for many of these issues (including the loud sound on the Fleet, volume issues in Space Combat, and more) are in the works right now and will be deployed as soon as they're ready. Please note that not all issues may be addressed in the same update, but we've seen your reports and have fixes coming!

Dezzi
04.17.2012 , 03:10 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone - thanks for reporting the sound issues you've seen since 1.2. I can confirm that fixes for many of these issues (including the loud sound on the Fleet, volume issues in Space Combat, and more) are in the works right now and will be deployed as soon as they're ready. Please note that not all issues may be addressed in the same update, but we've seen your reports and have fixes coming!
Thanks, AB!
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.