Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get it together, EA

sleeperservice
12.16.2011 , 10:28 PM | #31
Any modern MMO released after WoW should plan for and expect this. Saying that it is normal is correct. But for EA as a business to not understand it is normal and plan around it that is just EA being ignorant and stupid. StarWars is probally the biggest IP on the planet so they should expect the biggest crowds on the planet. How would you fix this? I have no idea but I also do not employ over 100000 people worldwide and have budgets of around 20 billion USD a year to play with. So maybe the should have spent some of that cash figuring out a new method of MMO Server? That is my 2 cents because at the moment to launch like WoW did in 2004 is pretty bad form.

kswolfman
12.16.2011 , 10:34 PM | #32
It has been a legitimate concern since they started the "stress testing" in Beta. They couldn't complete a stress test in Beta without the servers crashing and/or being taken down for "maintenance". What did they do in the two weeks since Beta testing ended? They knew they had problems then and didn't bother to address the issue.

The OP has a valid point and concern. They will lose a lot of subscribers and potential earnings because people will not wait any where from 30 minutes to 2 hours to log in every night when they have the time to play and want to play. As for not spending the money, that is poor business logic. They basically are cutting there own throats by not ponying up some money up front. No sense spending $130 million to develop a game, just to have people sitting there waiting to play due to inadequate servers. And that will lose them more money up front because people will not give them time to get if fixed when they had how many years to make sure it was done right from the start?

Could the OP have stated his points better? Sure, but you don't have to troll him Tom.

Stipock
12.16.2011 , 10:48 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Want some cheese with that whine?
The queue is normal. if you think THIS is bad, just wait until release.
It's Friday night, it's going to be like this ALL WEEKEND LONG, deal with it
God, I love entitlement posts.... waaah, let me n already, waaaah, I didn't get a full 7 days, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah.
I logged out merely to change my sound configuration (5.1 sounds like crap, can barely hear the questgiver talk), logged back in and I'm 160 in queue. It will pass.

You're not "entitled" to play the game whenever you want, and they're not going to expedite you for everyone else. beta testing had NOTHING to do with queues, except when they were stress testing the servers to see how much they'd hold. Guess what? They did a FINE job there. I've been on Dreshdae all day, without a hitch, and that server's full right now

Like with anything, you need to be patient and wait your turn... Or , you could go back to WoW with crappy pandas, no storyline, and quests that are irrelevant... Your choice.
Of course we're all "entitled" to a quality experience. What entitles us is the fact we've paid money for it.

What would you say to someone who you hired to mow your yard or install carpet in your house or any kind of service, paid them, and then they show up late or not at all and tell you to you don't have any authority to be upset. They get told to fix it or get fired.

Lailis
12.16.2011 , 10:57 PM | #34
I`ve been in yet another que... are there forum administrators listening to our concerns and willing to give us a statement as to whether or not this is what we`re expected to see when more and more players start playing? Are there plans to solve this problem before the 20th? Or is this what we paid for? Longer que times then any other MMO I`ve played? I`m lucky I guess that I`m only in a 25 minute que. I can`t imagine the patience of some of the other players stuck in 1+ hour ques.

Please can we get an administrator`s response to this issue?