Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
04.17.2012 , 02:11 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Update #2 April 23rd: We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.

Update #1 April 23rd: We just wanted to remind people to turn in your Rakghoul DNA before maintenance tomorrow morning at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Jeelvic the Jawa will be disappearing after tonight, but he may possibly return by himself at some point in the future.

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

Iwipe
04.17.2012 , 02:23 PM | #2
For anyone who is just starting the event or not sure what to do. I wrote a little guide that covers everything (I think ) about the event - items, dailies, infected companions, color crystals, pets.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/16/rakghoul...updated-daily/

Also, this might be of interest - walkthrough for the scavenger hunt, fun quest

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/15/how-to-g...-origin-quest/

Overall, best event in a MMO so far imo

Jauhar
04.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #3
Great another week of avoiding Fleet.
Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.

Moofanchu
04.17.2012 , 02:29 PM | #4
Reminds me of the Zombie event in Wow. Stay out of the cities, hangout in the wilderness with Track Undead up. Any dots that appear on your map, SHOOT first, ask questions later.

danpen
04.17.2012 , 02:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jauhar View Post
Great another week of avoiding Fleet.
Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.
Why is that then mate.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Netharian
04.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #6
I love it. dont like getting the sickness? buy the vaccine its only 2k credits. or stay away from populated areas.
I has CE

BenjaminminU
04.17.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
Are you sure this event can't last a bit longer? Thats only another week i have to buy all the stuff off the rakghoul vendor.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Skolops
04.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #8
Fairly happy with this. Not too short that those who want to participate can't, not so long that those who despise the thing can't deal with it.

Dawginole
04.17.2012 , 02:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Why is that then mate.
He's saying infected are AFK'ing at the spots where players zone into fleet so that they also become infected.

iRouven
04.17.2012 , 02:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Fairly happy with this. Not too short that those who want to participate can't, not so long that those who despise the thing can't deal with it.
Totally agree. Couldn't log in yesterday and might not be able today, was getting a bit anxious. Happy to hear that I have some time left!
“Rattatakii rattataki rakghoul est.” – Jassna Orda
Scions of Korriban
Experience the dark side of the Sons of Numenor on Lord Adraas
http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/