Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

Update #2 April 23rd: We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.

Update #1 April 23rd: We just wanted to remind people to turn in your Rakghoul DNA before maintenance tomorrow morning at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Jeelvic the Jawa will be disappearing after tonight, but he may possibly return by himself at some point in the future.

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who is just starting the event or not sure what to do. I wrote a little guide that covers everything (I think ) about the event - items, dailies, infected companions, color crystals, pets.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/16/rakghoul-pandemic-dynamic-event-guideupdated-daily/

Also, this might be of interest - walkthrough for the scavenger hunt, fun quest ;)

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/15/how-to-get-tracking-the-origin-quest/

Overall, best event in a MMO so far imo :)

Fairly happy with this. Not too short that those who want to participate can't, not so long that those who despise the thing can't deal with it.

Totally agree. Couldn't log in yesterday and might not be able today, was getting a bit anxious. Happy to hear that I have some time left!

Great another week of avoiding Fleet.

Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.

It's not that hard, the death you do eventually receive doesn't cause you to lose durability. If you want the amenities of Fleet go to your home planet. Coruscant for Republic players and I think Dromand Kass is Imps. Also if you get infected and want to remove it right away. Just run over to the railing on your fleet and jump. As soon as you hit you lose the debuff and you also don't take durability damage.

just an FYI to the devs... many people are a day behind with the new quests... so like today (tues) I can't get the new hybrid strain and yesterday I couldn't get the passenger list quest... so there will be a point where you wont be able get a complete set of gear for some latecomers. >(

Nice to know how long we have time for this, and I hope that we will see thereafter a new event, maybe one that punish the faction on each server that had the most dying from this disease.

That would be good .

just an FYI to the devs... many people are a day behind with the new quests... so like today (tues) I can't get the new hybrid strain and yesterday I couldn't get the passenger list quest... so there will be a point where you wont be able get a complete set of gear for some latecomers. >(

I have no inside info, but since an armor set is usually 5 pieces, and the event runs another 7 days, I'd expect there will be time to get caught up.

I'd hope so, at any rate.

I couldn't pick up the pod mission yesterday, the one at the crash site that leads to upper Jutland, it was like my mission log was full. Today I got a mission for scanning and killing Jawas and I'm damned if I know how I picked it up, as for the passenger list mission, I never knew it existed.

My biggest complaint about the event was the armor was all light, as if there isn't enough light or willpower gear in the game, every other drop is willpower related.

all i want is the 60 dna rakling. got 34 dna samples in one day. im happy. great event, revitalized the server more than 1.2 did.

also, there were a lot of 50's saying this was a 50 only event. this was not true. mobs spawn scaled to your level so anyone could participate. selfish elitist 50's. . . wish bioware addressed it sooner so we could see past the BS

event was out of nowhere but awesome! took down the world bosses got my crystal and im happy lol

the time frame for this all is nice too, not crazy long but enough for everyone to get what they want hopefully

i just dont get the ppl who are crying about getting infected, seriously its not a big deal to vaccinate yourself, and it is definitely not a problem spending the credits on it (its very easy to make money in this game)

either way nice job on the event guys! cant wait for whats next!