Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaceZoidberg
04.17.2012 , 11:24 AM | #981
My subscription is up on April 20th. Will I have to purchase a game-time card or be billed for another month to receive the free month?

Loxone
04.17.2012 , 11:57 AM | #982
Thank you very much Bioware as I had a lvl 48 at the time of the 1.2 patch and legacy level 8. Your solution is fair and I appreciate you recognizing that not everyone has the same playstyle.

Kudos Bioware.

Styxx
04.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Grisheub I totally agree with you, had I known that finishing chapter 1 would "unlock" my legacy and then (and only then ) do I start earning legacy xp maybe I would have rushed to finish chapter 1 with one of my alts. But like you I have a more relaxed playstyle and prefer to help others/guildies on flashpoints or PVP with them.

I also totally agree with you that it is not about the money but about the respect that BW is showing to the non-hardcore gamers who prefer to play a game than complete it. I am not the type of person to rage quit my subscription over this, but it does not sit well with me, the lack of respect not the money.
So, you managed to find the Forum to post in the Legacy 1.2 free month thread... but you failed to find the same Forum and its information about how Legacy is unlocked. Also, you also failed to read the actual ingame text about Legacy, when you were staring at that "locked" page.

Yes.. truly believable story.

derandsclass
04.17.2012 , 12:58 PM | #984
So, I've been a loyalist of this game since the betas and have been subscribed ever since launch. My playstyle, however, was such that as of last month, I had multiple characters over 30, but not a single one at the end of chapter one. This past sunday, after reading about the promotion, I got my closest character through the first chapter, and have been playing that character every free moment I've had. As of this afternoon, I've still only made it 60% of the way to Legacy Level 2.

Am I doing something wrong? I have gleaned from this thread that the best way is to finish quests/missions rather than grind kills. But the Legacy seems to be racking up very slowly even so. Is there any quicker way to gain legacy than this? At this point, it seems unlikely that I could make LL6 by Sunday at noon. Anyone have advice?

danpen
04.17.2012 , 01:34 PM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by derandsclass View Post
So, I've been a loyalist of this game since the betas and have been subscribed ever since launch. My playstyle, however, was such that as of last month, I had multiple characters over 30, but not a single one at the end of chapter one. This past sunday, after reading about the promotion, I got my closest character through the first chapter, and have been playing that character every free moment I've had. As of this afternoon, I've still only made it 60% of the way to Legacy Level 2.

Am I doing something wrong? I have gleaned from this thread that the best way is to finish quests/missions rather than grind kills. But the Legacy seems to be racking up very slowly even so. Is there any quicker way to gain legacy than this? At this point, it seems unlikely that I could make LL6 by Sunday at noon. Anyone have advice?
I have not got non sorry mate.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

LordIssa
04.17.2012 , 01:37 PM | #986
Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to profusely thank Bioware for their actions-it was very generous of them to extend the promotion to this length. Now, onto a quick question-I have a level 45 Sith Assassin with a Legacy level of 3. I also have a level 6 Jedi Knight on the same Legacy. My question is which character should I use to farm my way to Legacy 6, level 50-that is if I have a chance. I can only play for a maximum of three hours a day due to time constraints. Thanks to anyone who answers.

danpen
04.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by LordIssa View Post
Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to profusely thank Bioware for their actions-it was very generous of them to extend the promotion to this length. Now, onto a quick question-I have a level 45 Sith Assassin with a Legacy level of 3. I also have a level 6 Jedi Knight on the same Legacy. My question is which character should I use to farm my way to Legacy 6, level 50-that is if I have a chance. I can only play for a maximum of three hours a day due to time constraints. Thanks to anyone who answers.
Why did they have to start is like this.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

LordIssa
04.17.2012 , 01:43 PM | #988
Excuse me? If you could clarify it would be much appreciated.

danpen
04.17.2012 , 01:49 PM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by LordIssa View Post
Excuse me? If you could clarify it would be much appreciated.
Like what do you mean mate.

LordIssa
04.17.2012 , 01:51 PM | #990
Oh, do you mean I was using too many complicated words? Sorry, I tend to be quite formal online, it's a bit of a fault. I was just asking whether it would be faster to level my lvl 45 Assassin to 50 or to use my Lvl6 Knight to get to Legacy level 6. I also wanted to know what the fastest way to level would be.