Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It would be nice if everyone stopped complaining.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
It would be nice if everyone stopped complaining.

kdmitchell
12.16.2011 , 10:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterHucal View Post
*ahem*

It is not launch.

Official Launch is 20 Dec...

and...

If it's this bad now, imagine when the flood gates are released and everyone can get in.

People who are complaining about the queues are right to complain. As I said before, do not presume that BioWare was not fully aware of how popular the game was going to be.
*Ahem*

What was the point of pre-ordering to get early access?

"Customers who pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be able to play the game before the official launch. “Early Game Access” is the period of time before the official game launch when pre-order customers may access the game. Early Game Access may begin as early as December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET). The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center. See the FAQ for more details."

Most if not all of us who pre-ordered have our official copies now since they retailers (online at least) were authorized to ship their copies.

And yes I would rather EA / Bioware come out publicly and annouce that they are aware of the issue and are working on correcting it vs not saying anything and leaving everyone in the dark. All it takes a few minutes to say "Hey guys, we're aware of the issues and we're on it". That would be more than enough to let us know they are handing the situation.

Bilas
12.16.2011 , 10:42 PM | #12
People must not remember the wow launch! It was bad mass queues crashes connection problems and looked how that game turned out like the game or not it's done great starting to lose steam now but 7 strong years I feel swtor has many strong years ahead! The queues will get better people have patience!

Rynak
12.16.2011 , 10:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ackmeow View Post
Yes, the queue time sucks. Yes, you have to wait.

Do you not think they know about this? That they are fixing it? For one thing, they are adding servers as we speak. That's a start.

And keep in mind people that this happened RECENTLY. A fix this major isn't going to happen in 15 minutes. It'll take a day at least to get things going. I'm sure they foresaw this and planned for it. Think about it.

Considering the popularity of TOR and the size of the community, don't you think you should have seen this coming too?

This game is having growing pains. Get used to it. It'll take a while for everything to work out.
Adding servers won't fix existing ones as people will still join to be with their friends or as part of the prelaunch guild program. Server splits are needed here. They should also have forseen this. I personally have posted on this topic several times and how to prevent it. Sure, I saw it, that's why I warned BW about it.
Hatred is merely a tool, just like my lightsaber. When I strike you down in anger with my lightsaber, it is through no fault of your own. I am merely using the tools at my disposal.

Mega_Wicked
12.16.2011 , 10:46 PM | #14
Yea, because they didn't see this happening

HotNoob
12.16.2011 , 10:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
Until Bioware addresses the public EVERYONE should act like Bioware is unaware of the issue because no PAYING customer should assume what they are PAYING for is going to be fixed until it IS.

The forums are here for EVERY SINGLE PERSON and since so many people are being effected by the queues, every...single....person should post about it in as many threads as possible.

If anyone is here not doing anything for those with other issues, its those making threads complaining about other peoples issues in a FORUM FOR GAME ISSUES.

It is now BIOWARES reposibility to speak to their PAYING customers.
^^ rewrite that and put my name on it; *ditto*
Google+ | HotNoob.com | YouTube

Squadron 11.11.11 | Turkey Squadron
If You Are Reading This, It's Cause I Was Waiting For The Server Queue's