Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Razer Crystal Suggestion! (Stop the fighting!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Razer Crystal Suggestion! (Stop the fighting!)

xTekwarx
04.16.2012 , 09:10 PM | #1
Bioware, before you close this, please read this in full, this is not me just reposting into a different forum. This is a separate post and I personally do not think should be be relinked to the general and closed, as it is a suggestion post instead of, well, rage.

First? My suggestion.

Take the new crystal, and make it the current Razer color, then, take the current Razer color, and make it MUCH darker, something to fit the logo a bit more closely. (The current color is NOT A THING like Razer's logo coloring.)

Now, why the disclaimer at the start?

About a day ago I originally created a thread bringing attention to the "Green/black" crystal in the current world event (thread was named "Exclusive? Um...".) Now, originally I did not ticket bioware, email them, or email Razer. Since that time we have had a, well, lets call it a headed discussion in general chat.

In said discussion we found that the two crystals VERY closely resemble each other, to the point is is currently alienating most of the vocal Razer owners.

Also, we got responses, a few of us that is. Our response was to go to the suggestion forums. You closed all of these threads, also I've noticed, most of these threads weren't suggestions, as much as they were complaints. So, I'm creating this so we can have SUGGESTIONS to how to absolve the problem without alienating the new crystal owners, and the original Razer owners.

If anyone else has some suggestions that don't lead in "Suck it up" I would love to hear them, but sadly. in the thread thats discussing the issue, there aren't many suggestions, just 'suck it up' or "REMOVE IT" posts.

HeavensAgent
04.16.2012 , 09:14 PM | #2
Might want to put the suggestion itself at the top of your post, before the explanation; the explanation itself does make it look like you're simply starting more topic spam, so you'll want to make it clear there's an actual suggestion before launching into the reasons.

EDIT There is a problem with this idea, though. I'm sure there are player who purchased a Razer product specifically for the shade of green the crystal currently boasts. Changing it would not be fair to them, and could actually be made into a false advertising case.

Kiregean
04.16.2012 , 09:15 PM | #3
Another option would be for the Razer crystal to reverse the saber entirely (Green with black glow) as this actually fits the logo. This or a credit for the difference in price would work.

xTekwarx
04.16.2012 , 09:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
Might want to put the suggestion itself at the top of your post, before the explanation; the explanation itself does make it look like you're simply starting more topic spam, so you'll want to make it clear there's an actual suggestion before launching into the reasons.

EDIT There is a problem with this idea, though. I'm sure there are player who purchased a Razer product specifically for the shade of green the crystal currently boasts. Changing it would not be fair to them, and could actually be made into a false advertising case.

Changing it to a different shade would still fall under the same advertisement. They said a unique crystal (and suggested color.) But never gave us the color combo. Granted, many like me researched the color before hand.

Also, editing OP now

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiregean View Post
Another option would be for the Razer crystal to reverse the saber entirely (Green with black glow) as this actually fits the logo. This or a credit for the difference in price would work.

I actually REALLY like this idea. It could look a little funky, but it would mach the logo, which is what everyone assumes the crystal would do, if its "unique" to Razer.

HeavensAgent
04.16.2012 , 09:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xTekwarx View Post
Changing it to a different shade would still fall under the same advertisement. They said a unique crystal (and suggested color.) But never gave us the color combo. Granted, many like me researched the color before hand.
Many like yourself knew what was being advertised beforehand. There would definitely be a legal case there. Honestly, I know this goes back to the general thread, but the better idea may be to change the color of the new crystals. Make them more distinct.

xTekwarx
04.16.2012 , 09:55 PM | #6
Many like yourself knew what was being advertised beforehand. There would definitely be a legal case there. Honestly, I know this goes back to the general thread, but the better idea may be to change the color of the new crystals. Make them more distinct.
Sadly it may be. Although, the legal case wouldn't stand up if they never designated what the color would be, would it?

Regardless however, it may be a good idea to change the current one. The event is very 'horror' ish, and perhaps they should choose a different set of dark colors, instead of the 'infected' look. Its a theme, yes, but I doubt anyone would be opposed to say...black/purple? or that new Black/orange crystal?

This entire situation is very delicate. They risk pissing off one group, or another.

HeavensAgent
04.16.2012 , 10:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xTekwarx View Post
Sadly it may be. Although, the legal case wouldn't stand up if they never designated what the color would be, would it?
It would. They offered a specific good that people were able to identify before purchase. That they did not describe the item in detail is irrelevant as images of the item were available and the delivered item reflected and confirmed those images.

xTekwarx
04.16.2012 , 10:07 PM | #8
It would. They offered a specific good that people were able to identify before purchase. That they did not describe the item in detail is irrelevant as images of the item were available and the delivered item reflected and confirmed those images.

Last comment I'm going to derail the 'suggestion' theme with, but I have to ask it. Wouldn't that mean I could technically sue Mcdonalds if I don't get the happy meal toy they have on the sign, but the generic 'we ran out' toy? (Shuddup! I wanted the star wars toys )

Anyway, back to OT. Changing the new crystal to be a bit different might be the better situation then.

Kiregean
04.16.2012 , 10:14 PM | #9
I have to ask... Is your life so insignificant that you must scour the forums for new posts so you can say something like "LOL g3t a l1f3 n3wbz0r!", granted I'm summarizing your posting but that's just sad either way. I'd reflect upon your life and maybe find a more creative outlet for your frustration.

I hear debate is good for troubled youths like yourself.

Blurr
04.16.2012 , 10:28 PM | #10
I would be okay with this. Swap the two colours as they stand would be okay. There's a couple issues, I think, here that we need to address.

Firstly that by the nature of the way the crystals are acquired, the Razer crystal needs to be more desirable looking. Secondly, the colours as they stand are too close to properly differentiate between them during normal gameplay.

The vibrant neon glow is much more in line with what I think of the "Razer" look. The almost sickly look of the current Razer crystal would be more in line, in my opinion, with the idea of the Rakghoul plague.

I certainly think swapping the two colours would work. Alternatively, make the Razer crystal as vibrant as the Rakghoul one, but swap it to Green-core with Black outside. I'm not sure how that would look but it's a thought. I'm sure there's plenty of ways they can tweak the colours to make them more aesthetic.

In the end, the two points I think we need are
  1. Razer is more desirable loking
  2. The two crystals are obviously distinct from eachother.