Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop complaining about Hard Content.

DawnAskham
04.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
As I stated before there is very little reason to nerf this place. Yes 1st fight is a bit tough, and certain changes could be made to make it easier but honestly there's no point.

I've done the fight with 2melee, and 1melee 1 ranged dpsos. The only one I haven't is 2 ranged dps. And in all honestly, a little bit of learning and its very doable.

To say you shouldn't have to try so hard is silly. It's hard mode tier 2 flashpoint that rewards 2 columi pieces and a rakata. That's like just a step below hm ev and kp, so it should be harder, more risk for more reward as they say.

Now the story difficulty of the flashpoint is still there for those who simply want to experience the content. And as stated about the loot, none of the main loot is exclusive to hm Lost Island, so completing it in hard is not mandatory whatsoever.

And frankly - that should be the end of discussion. Further complaining seems ridiculous considering the content is still there to play in normal. And the rewards of hard mode are still available from other places.
If the fights are tuned to players in full Columi or better, it is over tuned.

If the fights are set up so that melee / non-interrupt classes become a burden, there is a problem.

Not saying either of the above are true, but those are valid points to consider.

Hopefully Bioware are watching and collecting metrics and will only make adjustments based on data, not forum whiners on either side.

And lastly, I think Bioware will find themselves in a bit of a bind a few weeks from now given how easy the content was at launch.

Now that they are increasing the difficulty, many 'hard mode' players are going to find they aren't really good enough for the new hard modes, and they will be quite vocal I imagine.

alifaraaz
04.16.2012 , 06:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
If the fights are tuned to players in full Columi or better, it is over tuned.

If the fights are set up so that melee / non-interrupt classes become a burden, there is a problem.

Not saying either of the above are true, but those are valid points to consider.

Hopefully Bioware are watching and collecting metrics and will only make adjustments based on data, not forum whiners on either side.

And lastly, I think Bioware will find themselves in a bit of a bind a few weeks from now given how easy the content was at launch.

Now that they are increasing the difficulty, many 'hard mode' players are going to find they aren't really good enough for the new hard modes, and they will be quite vocal I imagine.
Yeah, however I feel people are (as they always do) over exaggerating. It is a little birder with pure melee group or lack of interrupts. But this has always been somewhat true. I know this is just a FP and not an Op, but nobody complained that Jarg and Sorno favours dos with interrupts, or how Boarding Party last boss favours melee due to Jorlands aoe.

In this case the general difficulty is just a bit higher that people are hunting for reasons for their failure.

Personally I actually find this to be a brilliantly made fight purely because it can be tackled with a few differenttactics dependant on your group composition.

And yeah I agree with you about the difficulty increase will cause a bit of trouble because people have become accustomed to the easymode first tier. and for a lot of people this is their first MMO, so their gonna take a while longer to adapt to the difficulty. And as a result will probably complain its too hard.

Kaonis
04.16.2012 , 08:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
this could all be alleviated by making him target people outside of a 10 meter range with plasma bombs. And only targeting inside that range when here is no one outside to aim at.

Lets be completely honest. This is not a small upgrade in difficulty to the 4 man content. This is 4 man content that requires specific group makeup to even achieve it with a reasonable gear level. Can you do this with melee. yes. Will it punish you and force you to want to quit. Likely.

For example Driod:

1 tank 2 ranged 1 healer = ranged and healer run around the boss avoiding bombs. Tank interrupt incinerate.

1 tank 2 melee 1 healer = 2 melee maintain an interrupt rotation the entire fight, healer prays they dont mess up, no one to dps adds bc if melee misses a single one. death

1 tank 1 ranged 1 melee 1 healer = don't bother. Cant do a rotation bc you don't have 3 interrupts. cant do the circle bc melee is gonna get the center blasted.

Is this hard content? No this is content tuned to a specific makeup that alienates half the player base.

^This.

We tried this with 1 melee DPS (myself) and wiped so hard every time it wasn't even funny. Bioware needs to finally realize they are screwing melee over with every fight they include. As it stands there's absolutely no reason to bring a melee over a ranged ever. Might as well just reroll snipers/sorcerers and face roll as the devs seems to implying at.

Fabricated
04.16.2012 , 09:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by _Admiral View Post
Stop it, its annoying.

My team wiped about 2-3 times on Lost Island bosses each until we got the strats, now we can nearly do it all in 1 go without dying.

Denova is hard. GOOD! Our Guild is up to last boss on HM.

Hard content is GOOD! If you cant handle it, DONT DO IT.

You do not HAVE to do any of the 1.2 FP's or Raids.
Just a gentle reminder that literally everyone who thought like this in WoW was not only wrong, but dead wrong and it cost Blizzard millions of subs. This game doesn't have millions of subs to lose.

CrunkShizzle
04.16.2012 , 11:55 PM | #25
Quote:
not even for seasoned veterans of MMOs
you let me know when you find real veterens of mmos in this game

pro tip.playing world of warcraft for years doesnt make you one

Talorra
04.17.2012 , 10:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
^This.

We tried this with 1 melee DPS (myself) and wiped so hard every time it wasn't even funny. Bioware needs to finally realize they are screwing melee over with every fight they include. As it stands there's absolutely no reason to bring a melee over a ranged ever. Might as well just reroll snipers/sorcerers and face roll as the devs seems to implying at.
I think the higher damage output that melee are putting down, plus an abundance of interrupts is reason enough. We downed the Lost Island HM without any "melee issues." I'm a Sentinel and had no problems with it. Denova is no different.

We tested the new op on the PTS. It was very overtuned at first. As it stands now, it is quite nice. If you are getting crushed by something and feel that you have to min/max your raid comp just to get by, I really really dislike saying this, you're doing something wrong. Incorrect handling of a mechanic, positioning, etc.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

CrunkShizzle
04.17.2012 , 10:44 AM | #27
Quote:
Now the story difficulty of the flashpoint is still there for those who simply want to experience the content. And as stated about the loot, none of the main loot is exclusive to hm Lost Island, so completing it in hard is not mandatory whatsoever.
so people actually do the flashpoint? whenever im in town i dont see people shouting in chat about doing it

Bayho
04.17.2012 , 10:56 AM | #28
There were only two groups of people in the instance the entire time we were running it on our server, and rarely do you see anyone advertising for people to do it in Hard Mode.

As for the silly comment about me using the phrase "seasoned veterans," no it is not just WoW. WoW was quite easy, and only got worse as it went on. We loved Burning Crusade Raiding. We all came together playing EverQuest hardcore from release, and many other MMOs throughout the years.

There are still grave discrepancies between player experiences in this instance that Bioware needs to research and account for.
Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

BoneEater
04.20.2012 , 01:35 PM | #29
Well, how about you stay in HM then? Quit your nonsense and leave us our "easy" story mode. Do you need that as a reminder on your fridge?

Idiots.
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

Codek
04.20.2012 , 01:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabricated View Post
Just a gentle reminder that literally everyone who thought like this in WoW was not only wrong, but dead wrong and it cost Blizzard millions of subs. This game doesn't have millions of subs to lose.
I actually believe WoW lost those subs due to content being to easy but that's just my opinion vs yours.
~Codek