Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chain-crashes to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kyrtin
04.15.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
I've had a repeating issue the past few days, which usually occurs at random either when zoning, or opening a new window (most often on the fleet). It'll first crash me to desktop with no warning, then when I try to log back in immediately it will just crash the game yet again.

The workaround I started using for this is waiting for the system to automatically log out my character, since it doesn't consider it logged out for several minutes, then I log onto an alt, then log out and back onto my main character. This workaround solves the chain-crash, but it's really starting to get on my nerves having to use this more than once a day on average since the patch.

--on an unrelated note, I've posted less than 3 times a month on average on the forums since the game has gone live, most issues I've resolved via the CSR bug report system, so when I post the facts I don't expect any of my threads to get deleted and a warning issued to me. Anyone who wants a conflict with me will get a bloody one.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One
CE VIP Yes I know it was only worth $100

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 01:11 PM | #2
eh, no response?

^bump

I've now had this happen 4 times in the past 24 hours.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3
5 times in the past 24 hours, and yes all of my drivers are as up-to-date as it gets, I have a pretty high end system. No history of repeating crashes to desktop until 1.2
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Jerricurlz
04.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #4
Having some serious issues myself. Recently bought the game, so i don't know how it'd work pre 1.2 patch, but i'm having serious crash issues on login, and ingame freezecrashes. I've updated all the drivers, and re-installed the launcher :/

Pretty frustrated...

sarkisboyadjian
04.16.2012 , 03:43 PM | #5
I'm also getting repeated crashes to desktop since the 1.2 update. Hopefully it will be fixed soon !

Combat_Bahb
04.16.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
i get crashes at all loading screens and none of the characters have a head pc or npc
11-11-11 Never Forget
Why is the common view of Balance all good??? How can you truely appriciate good with out evil to compare it to??
CE VIP

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 04:53 PM | #7
I further refined my workaround for it, it won't let you log into an alt during an infinite chain-crash to desktop until your character is automatically logged out you chain-crashed on. You don't actually have to log onto an alt, just select an alt then wait for it to auto-reselect your previous character logged in when it completely logs you out and breaks the chain-crash.

It's still EXTREMELY irritating to have this happen 5-10 times a day, apparently totally at random.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Srooc
04.16.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
I don't know if it's happening because of the patch as this has been happening to me for weeks now. Played all day Saturday without a single crash. Sunday must have crashed at least 6 timse.
I bought a brand new computer for this game that has all updates (windows, drivers, etc..)

Customer support has been very helpfull, but they can't seem to isolate the problem for me. They have given many suggestions, but nothing to stop the crashing.

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 05:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Srooc View Post
I don't know if it's happening because of the patch as this has been happening to me for weeks now. Played all day Saturday without a single crash. Sunday must have crashed at least 6 timse.
I bought a brand new computer for this game that has all updates (windows, drivers, etc..)

Customer support has been very helpfull, but they can't seem to isolate the problem for me. They have given many suggestions, but nothing to stop the crashing.
I've sent them my dxdiag, client logs, and launcher logs, and no word yet. All they suggested was making sure all my drivers were up to date, and that hasn't helped matters any.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Conveeyor
04.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Kyrtin,

Have you ensured that you have provided the file our support was asking for? Please understand that we need your assistance to help you further with this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more information about this or any other issue.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support