Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Using Companions in Hard Mode FP's

Uchurch
03.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Guiken View Post
Fun fact, companions aren't slowed by Yadira's AOE :P
Funny you mentioned that. Gault didn't get pulled in at all. Just stayed at ranged and kept firing away.

Gudinna
04.16.2012 , 11:25 AM | #22
My best friend and I have just started running 2 man HMs this week.

I'm a shadow tank and he's a gunslinger DPS. We are both 124ish daily commendation / reward geared with companions that are the same.

Mostly, I run a healer companion and he runs a ranged DPS companion, although we have used everything from healer / healer to ranged DPS / melee DPS companion combinations depending on the boss.

So far we've tried and completed all the bosses in the Esseles and Kaon. The only thing we haven't been able to do is the bonus boss in Kaon...90% of the time my healer seems to bug during the add phase, he turns off and his entire quick bar goes grey.

I love love love the companion system. And I love that is possible to run HMs with only two people and that it's possible to progress to that point with two people in the same way a 4 man group would by doing dailies, heroic dailies and regular 50s. It's fun, it's challenging and has quickly become my favorite thing to do in the game.

Thank you Bioware for giving us a way to play at an extremely high level in a very small group!

Omophorus
04.16.2012 , 12:17 PM | #23
There was a fairly long stretch when there was myself and 2 friends at 50, and we did just about every HM FP with the 3 of us + one companion. That companion was usually ranged DPS or healer, depending on the situation.

The only one we didn't clear was Boarding Party, and that wasn't due to FP difficulty but rather low priority and us all buying hands with comms before needing to do it for drops. BT, Foundry, FE, Ilum, D7 and Kaon were all very doable.

The biggest downsides are dealing with environment-based boss mechanics and poor companion DPS to beat some of the tighter rage timers.

That said, the 3 of us managed to go from daily com-modded oranges to practically full Columi with just ourselves + companion.

Diora
04.16.2012 , 01:18 PM | #24
hah, glad to see i'm not the only one doing this.

I've used Torian and Blizz in DPS/tank roles for HM BT, as well as the heroic daily on Corellia.

I'm actually enjoying "tanking" things with Blizz on my merc, it's a fun challenge. I say "I'll tank" and people think i'm nuts, but then when we get through with minimal trouble and no loss of threat on Blizz's part, they usually are pleasantly surprised.

Both Blizz and Torian are better geared than most pickup players anyway, in full columi/rakata.