Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Minimum Age Req

Avinshara
04.15.2012 , 09:27 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by sheheradze View Post
You're treating me like a five year old, also I explained why I thought It was silly if you bothered to pay attention to my post.

And also, where did I state that I was learning English ? I merely stated that It had improved my english 6-7 years ago.
To be honest, I was being polite. It sounded much better than simply to say "you're wrong, and not old enough to understand why."

Here's an example of something you fail to understand:
Quote: Originally Posted by mousestalker View Post
In some countries casual profanity is routine. In other casual blasphemy is acceptable. In others one, the other or both may be illegal. Attitudes towards acceptable levels of violence are equally diverse.

Your customs and mores are not those of the rest of the world.
Put simply, responsible adults know better than to expose children (which you still are) to questionable practices- it's not silly, it's common sense.

The bottom line is that regardless of how well you can rationalize and argue, people will rightly view your age as a barrier to participation.

Sorry if you feel this is unfair, but I suggest that rather and try to persuade people that you are more mature than others your age, you simply act that way, and some more perceptive individuals may make an exception for you.

ellrochell
04.16.2012 , 12:58 AM | #92
my guild is 16+ plus, every time I seem to play the majority of under 18's they just seem to act like noobs always asking question after question.

ellrochell
04.16.2012 , 12:59 AM | #93
and its under 16 because I'm part of a clan that has all there games set to 16.

Hangingbrain
04.16.2012 , 04:17 AM | #94
I do not like playing with kids. Kids are exactly that, kids. From my experience, the childish attitude comes out the second something does not go their way. Being behind a monitor, kids and adults alike, think they have the right to type and say whatever they wish to. What if you were on the street and insulted someone or called them an idiot or whatever? You may get a beating or at the very least put in your place. Kids are immature brats for the most part and playing a game with them is not my cup of tea at all. In all honesty, parents are the ones to blame. Most are working too much, and not there for the child. They sit them down in the chair, to play or watch tv and them dont pay them no mind. Kids these days are left to do whatever it is they want to do, I see it everyday. Im 38 and my mother owns a daycare. I get to hear of the way kids act nowadays and its terrible.

So, I am sorry, if you feel most people do not want to play with children. You may be the one in the crowd that is different, but years of bad apples will not help you. I am all for age restrictions, not just on guilds but the game itself.

Quantumn

vertibird
04.16.2012 , 05:26 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Hangingbrain View Post
I am all for age restrictions, not just on guilds but the game itself.

Quantumn
I think its pretty sad and selfish that you would want under 18's blocked from this game because you generalise them all to being immature and snotty nosed brats. You were a kid once before you know.I doubt if you were (lets say 16) right now you would be supporting this.If you want to stop people playing who are under the actual ESRB/PEGI rating then fine

But my opinion on the whole Guild age restriction is that if they don't want to put an age limit there then that's up to them i completely understand if its because they want to talk about topics and other things that are not for under 18's. But if the age limit is there because they think that every one of them out there are immature then that's not the best of reasons. If someone acts like an idiot just kick them simple

MORTTUUM
04.16.2012 , 05:30 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaZannah View Post
...at this point, lying about my age is just what I'm used to...

I have no problem behaving like a mature adult...
Those two statements are contradictory, and a big part of why, if I were inclined to join a Guild made up of people I didn't know IRL, I'd want a 30-years+ Guild.

What it really comes down to, however, is freedom of choice. There are lots of guilds to join. If one of them is, say, 30+, then that's the choice of the founder/officers, and no-one has a right to dispute it; find another Guild to join.

My Guild (which is out-of-game, as it were) requires that you work at the same place we all do. If you don't work here (which legally means 21+), You can't "join" if you don't work here, period (although if someone quit working here they probably wouldn't be booted from the "guild" after the fact...).
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.

JohnnyD_
04.16.2012 , 12:43 PM | #97
This whole thing with "legal ramifications" just sounds silly to me. I'd love to see any kind of proof that a person was convicted of a crime for using "naughty" words or drinking alcohol while an underaged person was in the channel. I didn't spend long searching, but I didn't even see anything about it being illegal to glorify alcohol usage to a minor.

We invite anyone that truly wants to join our guild (not people just looking for a random guild.) Age has never mattered, and has only been a problem once or twice with raiding, as one of our members had a bed time. We replaced him, he stayed in the guild, problem solved. We never watch our language, subjects, or what we consume because if a person fits in with the group and how we interact, their age is irrelivant.

It's not my responsibility, nor any leader's responsibility, to act as the underage person's parent. If the parent doesn't want their child in that environment, it's their responsibility to remove them from it.

The other major argument, age and maturity being linked, is immediately shot out of the water because it's impossible to judge a person's maturity level based on the day they were born. It's just as absurd as assuming character traits based on race.