Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Evangolis
04.16.2012 , 10:34 AM | #1111
Quote: Originally Posted by rangccom View Post
Also, just saying this type of event is a role-players wet dream
It should be.
However, some cannot maintain personal discipline to adapt or enjoy it. Its food for story and rp if they will take advantage of it.
Recruiting all classes.

rangccom
04.16.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1112
Quote: Originally Posted by Feluraunt View Post
I am here because I am at work and I cannot play at the moment, it has nothing to do with dedication, but it has a lot to do with boredom.
Same here, one of my favorite past times at work is to feed the trolls

iRouven
04.16.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1113
The galaxy is a dangerous place. I very much like this event and hopefully it will be around for a couple of weeks at least.

Of course you will never please everyone with this, rest assured it's temporary.
“Rattatakii rattataki rakghoul est.” – Jassna Orda
Scions of Korriban
Experience the dark side of the Sons of Numenor on Lord Adraas
http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Feluraunt View Post
I am here because I am at work and I cannot play at the moment, it has nothing to do with dedication, but it has a lot to do with boredom.
The fact that you're interested in playing enough to be satisfying your desire for the game through the forum indicates you are not a casual player.

whyzerman
04.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1115
Ive read quite a few "this event blows" threads, but what I have noticed in each of them is that the only reason people give for not liking it is....well I haven't found someone who didn't like it that actually had a reason that wasn't solved by using the Vaccine or avoiding fleet/tatooine altogether.

Personally the only thing I don't like about the event? See below:

Quote:
This is a 1 minute sample of General chat on Tatooine the day the event hit.
[1. General] RandomNub: Where do I go to start the event?
[1. General] RandomNub2: fleet - vip section
[1. General] RandomNub89: Northeast corner of dune sea
[1. General] RandomNub45: Where can I find the ship?
[1. General] RandomNub119: Scroll up idiot, RandomNub89 JUST said it.
[1. General] RandomNub42: Where can I sell dna?
[1. General] RandomNub89: Jawa trader
[1. General] RandomNub34: WTS [Rakghoul Vaccine] 10k each
[1. General] RandomNub42: Where can I find the Jawa Trader
[1. General] RandomNub89: Open your map and select show vendors then look to the north in dune sea, he is the one all the way to the north
[1. General] RandomNub42: in the pvp area? thats syupid
[1. General] RandomNub89: ./facepalm
[1. General] RandomNub22: Anyone on the shaman?
[1. General] RandomNub37: If I was I wouldn't be telling you
[1. General] RandomNub56: what is it, after you hit 50 you just turn into a total douche and start stealing peoples kills?
[1. General] RandomNub32: Pretty much.
[1. General] RandomNub42: It's not possible to steal a kill once you tag the mob.
[1. General] RandomNub45: I found the ship now what?
[1. General] RandomNub22: You weren't so shy last night when we did Pound of Flesh together now were you?
[1. General] RandomNub37: dear god man, that was supposed to be a secret!
[1. General] RandomNub56: if I am running towards a mob and a 50 finishes his then sees mine and uses a speed boost to beat me that's kill stealing.
[1. General] RandomNub32: Thats not kill stealing thats just what you call being a total **** head.
[1. General] RandomNub45: I found the ship now what?
[1. General] RandomNub90: Where do I go to start the event?
Tatooine chat is filled with people asking what to do or complaining about being ganked or having their kills stolen. This is the only thing I really can't stand about this event - but I am stuck here until I can finish my class quest - But just like the Vaccine there is a way for me to avoid it. Just leave general chat.

skotish
04.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1116
Grow up its a game buy the anti virus so simple
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Elhanan
04.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1117
Quote: Originally Posted by rangccom View Post
the point of that post is to deal with it and make 50k credits for dying once
And I choose to avoid the Plague, perks, and storyline. Thanks!

My complaint is not with the event, but the Griefing that occurs because of it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Saahh
04.16.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1118
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I am not playing the game to make money
I did not say that. You complained about having to spend 30k on vaccines. I pointed out you WOULD make money by blowing up and selling DNA.

This is my point. Your reasons for not wanting to take part in this are moot by your statements, which you continue to reiterate and trip over.

You are in fact trolling. (it is my time to assume)

Valkirus
04.16.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Then why aren't you role playing it?

Why are you letting yourself die? Would the character you are role playing as be content to suffer through the plague and explode, or who s/he seek treatment? Would the character you play listen to the warnings and instructions about the plague, or would s/he ignore them and act as a terrorist, infecting people?
Lol! really good points. So..someone wants to roleplay exploding and dying a lot? I mean...are they role playing a totally dumb char?
Trust is something which is earned.

Miyaka
04.16.2012 , 10:38 AM | #1120
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
Sorry...I should'nt have directed that at you personally as a player. But some do enjoy anoying others in game and do it on purpose. The way the event is designed, it makes it very easy to do that. And besides..I said a stim which makes you immune not for 6 hrs...but as a free one that comes in the mail.
Any in game mechanic can be manipulated to annoy others.
Emotes....dances....yells....AOE's that work without an enemy target. You can annoy people with all of those.
So should all of those be removed as well?
Sure, some people just enjoy being a pain. You ignore them.

BioWare gave people an out. Yes, it costs money. But it's there for anyone who wants to use it. How many people play for 6 hours or more at a time?
If they gave a free stim that didn't last through death, people would complain about that too.
They can't win.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)