Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by rangccom View Post
I am baffled by this post. asddskf...I have nothing to say to the amount of offense you are taking to a WORLD EVENT thatmost players are having a blast with. What is the real issue? Do you hate the color green?
If you get infected with a deadly disease, you cure yourself. It's common sense. If I am going to play an MMORPG, I am going to act as though my character is real, and so I am not going to willingly take a disease.

I also hate the plague mechanic enough that 1,000,000 credits is a an acceptable price to pay even if only in protest of it.

Just my preference.

Quotius
04.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1102
I've been infected standing at the GTN bay. Personally I agree its fairly annoying, mostly because its unavoidable.

Won't be quitting but it is making me consider logging off until its done.

Valkirus
04.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1103
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyaka View Post
They already have a stim that makes you immune for 6 hours.
I don't give two flips about who uses it and who doesn't.

And..I've infected 4 people since yesterday, all of which were in my guild and wanted to be infected. Clearly...I'm on a rampage to destroy the game play of others.
Sorry...I should'nt have directed that at you personally as a player. But some do enjoy anoying others in game and do it on purpose. The way the event is designed, it makes it very easy to do that. And besides..I said a stim which makes you immune not for 6 hrs...but as a free one that comes in the mail.
Trust is something which is earned.

Tesserhorn
04.16.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1104
Alot of people the stop QQING crowd specifically

sounds like the kids at playground playing dodgeball and they are the dingbat that goes and pegs some kid on the monkey bars or jungle gym and then cries to everyone when they want to punish him BUT WE (notice refering to both of them) were playing dodgeball.

Just because there is a dodgeball and a dodgeball game doesn't make it a good idea to go peg everyone near the park/playground.

Everyone on the playground shouldn't have to play dodgeball.
Hiiroo no jouken wa? Saigo ni tatte iru koto da.: What makes a hero? He's the one who's still standing.

rangccom
04.16.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
Six hours; perhaps, but does the effect last if one dies and respawns due to said grinding? Or wait and watch for the next lunatic to detonate a little after the time elapses?

I am grateful that the Legacy system is in place for my Main to mail aid to my Alts. But I do wonder if the other lowbies that simply started recently had as much fun as I didn't....
the point of that post is to deal with it and make 50k credits for dying once

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:32 AM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyaka View Post
And those numbers are ONLY people who visit the forums.
Historically....forum users are a VERY small percentage of the whole player base. So the numbers are only representing people who visit the forums.
Agreed, and I personally think that those not visiting the forums are far less likely to enjoy the plague. Here's why:

Those who visit the forums are the more dedicated players, usually. They usually understand the game more, play the game more often, and see it through the lens of a general gaming history.

Those who are more casual players don't visit the forums most of the time, and I think it's fairly obvious that the more casual players would like this far less. To them, the world is already big enough as it is - dauntingly big - and there's enough to deal with without this being added to it.

Valkirus
04.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1107
Quote: Originally Posted by Quotius View Post
I've been infected standing at the GTN bay. Personally I agree its fairly annoying, mostly because its unavoidable.

Won't be quitting but it is making me consider logging off until its done.
Exactly. And why should a event make me not feel like even logging on until it is over? If these types of events are expanded on ....why would I want to continue my sub when I do not feel like logging on a lot?
Trust is something which is earned.

Elhanan
04.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1108
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangolis View Post
But, We don't always get to make the choice which way the story goes now do we. However we do either adapt to that change or OOC and ignore it. Hazards of rping in a live uncontroled situation.
Again; OK with the story, although I prefer to avoid Spacial Undead since watching 'Lifeforce'. Having a live event is fine, and could be fun.

Being forced to play someone else's Mission, storyline, etc is not.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Feluraunt
04.16.2012 , 10:34 AM | #1109
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Agreed, and I personally think that those not visiting the forums are far less likely to enjoy the plague. Here's why:

Those who visit the forums are the more dedicated players, usually. They usually understand the game more, play the game more often, and see it through the lens of a general gaming history.

Those who are more casual players don't visit the forums most of the time, and I think it's fairly obvious that the more casual players would like this far less. To them, the world is already big enough as it is - dauntingly big - and there's enough to deal with without this being added to it.
I am here because I am at work and I cannot play at the moment, it has nothing to do with dedication, but it has a lot to do with boredom.
Insolence :
For the Empire!- The Ebon Hawk

Skolops
04.16.2012 , 10:34 AM | #1110
Quote: Originally Posted by rangccom View Post
Also, just saying this type of event is a role-players wet dream
Then why aren't you role playing it?

Why are you letting yourself die? Would the character you are role playing as be content to suffer through the plague and explode, or who s/he seek treatment? Would the character you play listen to the warnings and instructions about the plague, or would s/he ignore them and act as a terrorist, infecting people?