Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to move on I guess...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

revenel
04.15.2012 , 06:35 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by -Scrooge- View Post
I'd really LOVE to fix this issue - what can you suggest?

Drivers nor hardware have not been changed when the game was running smooth; it started to deteriorate (re: loose FPS and crash) not a long time ago and I lived with it thinking it might be my dodgy SSD. I researched the correct new SSD and replaced the old one. Was not able to move my old Win7 OS to the new drive easy so did a complete re-install OS + newest drivers from manufacturer's official sources, updates and all. Took me 3 days. Now I only have OS install + SWTOR (re-installed clean) on my comp. The problems did not ease one bit.

I was able to play a new toon I created today (as post 1.2) for test for a while on [LOWEST]. All my old toons crash. As soon as I moved to [MEDIUM] the game crashes to BSOD. Previously I played [VERY HIGH] with all set to 100%. Wait - AA? Let me see...

I had this issue when Starcraft 2 came out with my Radeon 5970. Best graphics card you could buy at the time and I would get BSOD after 3 mins of play. It wasnt overheating and I didn't overclock it.

After a lot of troubleshooting with Blizzard we discovered it was the ATI driver. I had to revert to a version 8 months old because Starcraft and my current video driver hated each other. Eventually (almost a year later) Ati released a new driver that fixed this issue for me and I am able to play with no issues.

For Swtor I have 3 computers in my house, ranging from low end AMD machines to high end Intel I7 machines and other then basic video lag during beta, have NEVER had an issue with this game.

I also want to add that SSD's are notorius for being unstable. Just sayin.

Good luck with your problem, I hope you get it fixed.

*EDIT*

I am glad to see your issue is resolved. Hope to see you in game!
- Lane Tora, Vanguard, Keller's Void - US

Tirvaak
04.16.2012 , 06:54 AM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by -Scrooge- View Post
Sincere apologies BW on my part

Unexpected hardware GPU card failure, card: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II
One completely fried cooling fan stuck, second barely moving, card almost 1yo; buyer beware

MSI supplied software 'Afterburner', a monitor/overclock utility showed 90C+ rise in gpu temp shortly after launch of the game. The fans on the gpu must have been dying gradually, thus my graphic glitches got gradually worse over time. Card overheated = BSOD. Admittedly the fans are silent and upside down so that was not a failure easy to spot on inspection. On idle, the heatsink took over and supplementary heat dissipation was provided by 3 case fans and good flow inside the case. Time for a new gpu cooler, but which one?

Thanks the community for all the positive feedback on the issue. Live and learn.
Hi -Scrooge-,

Thanks for coming back to this thread and letting us know that you were able to figure out the issue and a way to resolve the problem.

If you need help with anything else please let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support