Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warrior/Inquisitor question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warrior/Inquisitor question

VeetsMyBeats
04.15.2012 , 09:17 PM | #1
I haven't play much into either class, but I was wondering story wise, which class story do you see being more neutral regarding Republic and Empire? Cause I kinda want to find a story that tries to bring both sides together, the best of the dark and light side, if that is a story at all in SWTOR.

TheBetty
04.15.2012 , 10:31 PM | #2
With both classes, following your class quest chain, you obtain high ranking positions within the empire so you are not neutral at all lol
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Excen
04.15.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
Yeah, if you're referring to political affiliation, there's really not a whole lot of middle ground as both stories have you rising up within the ranks of the Empire. If you go light-sided that mostly just means that you're working towards reforming the Empire into something better. Neither class is ever really pro-republic. Though if you're referring more to being neutral in terms of the light side/dark side of the force, each class has certain important scenes where their alignment affects the scene, though there isn't anything where they use both sides of the force in combination (a la Revan.)
Excen Validus

Sith Blademaster
The Validus Legacy

VeetsMyBeats
04.15.2012 , 10:56 PM | #4
I see what you guys are saying. I've seen some of the Inquisitors story and from what it seems he's doing is getting people from the light side to the dark side, and at the end of act 3 there was a dialogue option saying about taking over the empire. So as an Inquisitor, are you building a secret army of people with morals of both sides to over throw the emperor? I know that that could be done with the warrior regardless. You could say being somewhat of a Revanite, but not as wacky.

DeutschGamer
04.16.2012 , 01:00 AM | #5
In both storylines there is the option to make your character driven to change the Empire from within, either to your own liking or just for the better of the entire Empire. Inquisitor does it best because he becomes his own boss without a master, having it all be a part of his big power play plan.

Sith Warrior is always beneath someone, even if he becomes one of the strongest Sith. Then again, there is still more story to come.

TheBetty
04.16.2012 , 01:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
In both storylines there is the option to make your character driven to change the Empire from within, either to your own liking or just for the better of the entire Empire. Inquisitor does it best because he becomes his own boss without a master, having it all be a part of his big power play plan.

Sith Warrior is always beneath someone, even if he becomes one of the strongest Sith. Then again, there is still more story to come.
The warrior obtains a higher position within the empire than the inquisitor doesn't he?
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

DeutschGamer
04.16.2012 , 01:14 AM | #7
Spoiler

Domineaux
04.16.2012 , 01:22 AM | #8
Spoiler

RowanThursday
04.16.2012 , 11:33 AM | #9
On the other hand, from a story perspective, a logical 'expansion pack' of story for the Inquisitor, after Act III, would presumably be following the next step on the career path... i.e. packing the Emperor off to a nice retirement home by the sea with a good view of the River Styx.

The Inquisitor possibly has more *opportunity* to be neutral and Revanite, since the Warrior's always expected to be following orders. My Inquisitor betrayed the Revanites for that very reason- she felt they were right, but that she could make better use of their teachings if they were no longer alive. Of course, that was before she got totally rotten or, latterly, stark raving mad....
"Next time you come to a rough choice in the dark, and think to yourself 'No one's gonna know'... imagine you've got yourself a mirror and hold it up, think like you're lookin' in the glass. That's who's gonna know."
-- Captain Melody January of the Freighter Hestia's Dawn.

Karkais
04.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Domineaux View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur