Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

hawkeyesfan
04.15.2012 , 08:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabricated View Post
Just a reminder that WoW went in this direction.

3 Million Unsubs later, they released the LFR tool and 3 easy 5-mans that crap epic loot of the item-level needed to hit the final raid raid tier. They also gave people free level-cap characters, mounts, etc if they resubbed. And you got D3 for free if you bought a year-long sub so their numbers wouldn't further decrease.

Catering to grognards kills your MMO. Sorry.
What he said ^^

Menthro
04.15.2012 , 08:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
And what about those people who have no desire to do that?

Lemme bold that:

Then they shouldn't be raiding.

If you have NO desire to learn how a fight works, why in all 9 hells and all 666 plains of the abyss are you playing an MMO? Every single MMO I have played has had fights, while leveling, that you couldn't tank and spank unless you cheated and pulled in a ridiculously overpowered friend to help you. In fact learning how a fight works is the best damn part. Except for the shiny loot.
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!

Pezlington
04.15.2012 , 08:36 PM | #23
Our guild have no problem with the new raid. Bioware please don't nerf. The only problem is we are finding it hard to figure out what to do with the last boss with the rail shot pulse drodes . Once again. Don't nerf!

Shalloh
04.15.2012 , 08:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
In fact learning how a fight works is the best damn part. Except for the shiny loot.
AGREED! Please don't dumb this game down. My guild has been trying to get past these 2 knuckleheads and we've gotten REALLY close. Don't nerf this. It doesn't need it.

Maoxx
04.15.2012 , 08:44 PM | #25

The dance as I put it is the learning the mechanics and how to deal with them.

Good for you?

What does this have to do with the people I am talking about?

Once again, so what?

When did I say I couldn't beat it or that it's unbeatable?

I said that there is a large portion of the playerbase that will not find this kind of content fun. Your response seems to be that you like it and L2PLAY. Although hardly a surprise response but it it completely ignores the problem.

Its funny but just about every SINGLE game I have ever played both console and PC most always had points where the game started challenging the gamer. Either to just beat the game or to aquire power ups and special rewards. And in those cases those same games make the gamer jump through some major hoops depending on the reward. Why should raiding be ANY different. I get that we don't want the Uber impossible **** for every boss, but come on there has to be a point in the gameplay where the gamer DOES get challenged and proves that he can handle what the game throws at him.

The fights aren't that hard on story mode and pretty predictable even yes the first boss. Take a look at your raid and figure out who is doing what wrong and fix it. Nine times out of ten if the people griping about raid difficulty just did this, they would find themselves succeeding alot more.

Reryn
04.15.2012 , 09:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
The fight is not hard at all.

You can't just go in and pewpew, kill, loot.

You need to learn the mechanics and how to deal with them properly.

If you can't do that it's not because you are casual, it's because you either don't care enough to try and be good or you can't be good.

The mechanics aren't hard, there is no "dance" as you put it.

The fight has been severely nerfed in multiple ways on the PTS since it was first released and I killed it in every form.

There is about 1/3 the incoming damage it had when it was originally on the pts, it has a minute longer enrage timer, it is way more relaxed.

Just because you couldn't beat it by trying to brute force your way through it doesn't mean it can't be beaten.
This is the problem with the state of the game. People tell this stuff to the developers.

You are trying to say that you completed the first encounter while taking three times the damage and a minute less on the enrage timer?

You're a liar.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

Naizgrel
04.15.2012 , 09:13 PM | #27
Pre 1.2: WE NEED HARDER ENDGAME

After 1.2: WE NEED EASIER ENDGAME
Sev, i know you are alive.

Stealios
04.15.2012 , 09:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
This is the problem with the state of the game. People tell this stuff to the developers.

You are trying to say that you completed the first encounter while taking three times the damage and a minute less on the enrage timer?

You're a liar.
Why is he a liar if he's stating what's true?

I went in tonight with a pug group with most people having tionese/columi combo gear and oneshotted first boss (Yeah, it was normal mode), 2nd boss needed a bit of getting used to but after that no more than 3 or 4 wipes, which imo for a pug group is not bad considering the gear we had.

So if they're going to make this easier, might as well make it a Heroic 4

krinaman
04.15.2012 , 09:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Maoxx View Post
The fights aren't that hard on story mode and pretty predictable even yes the first boss. Take a look at your raid and figure out who is doing what wrong and fix it. Nine times out of ten if the people griping about raid difficulty just did this, they would find themselves succeeding alot more.
You guys just don't listen, at all.

I don't doubt that if people put the time in they would eventually get the first boss down just like I did.

What you guys seem to refuse to understand is that some people, dare I say most people, just don't find that to be fun. Since these people play games to have fun it really makes no sense for them to spend their night not having fun in the name of "earning" their gear.

So instead they will find something they do find fun to do, even if that is another game.

Then, and this is the part you guys really need to understand, the devs are going to see that nobody is running the raids and do something about it. The first option will be a across the board nerf into the ground of all modes. Ala WoW, Rift, etc. The next option will be to cut back on raid content and concentrate on content the "casuals" will actually play.

The best thing for raiders is that the story mode thing works and keeps enough of the population using the raids so that hard mode can stay as is for the raiders. Demanding that story mode be for raiders as well isn't going to end well for raiders.

Menthro
04.15.2012 , 09:31 PM | #30
You guys just don't listen, at all.

I don't doubt that if people put the time in they would eventually get the first boss down just like I did.

What you guys seem to refuse to understand is that some people, dare I say most people, just don't find that to be fun. Since these people play games to have fun it really makes no sense for them to spend their night not having fun in the name of "earning" their gear.

So instead they will find something they do find fun to do, even if that is another game.

Then, and this is the part you guys really need to understand, the devs are going to see that nobody is running the raids and do something about it. The first option will be a across the board nerf into the ground of all modes. Ala WoW, Rift, etc. The next option will be to cut back on raid content and concentrate on content the "casuals" will actually play.

The best thing for raiders is that the story mode thing works and keeps enough of the population using the raids so that hard mode can stay as is for the raiders. Demanding that story mode be for raiders as well isn't going to end well for raiders.
Then WHY are they playing an MMORPG? I really do not get that, why do you play a game that is made to challenge you if you do not WANT a challenge? Maybe the synapses in my brain are broken or something but it just doesn't make sense to me at all. I mean there are many other games out there that will give you that experience you want, so why play the one type of game that isn't supposed to hand it to you?
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!