Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't believe I paid extra for this!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
I can't believe I paid extra for this!

FrostPaw
12.16.2011 , 09:18 PM | #1
I'm writing this to express my huge dissapointment at some of the digital items featured in the Digital Deluxe version of the game, today I recieved my code and claimed them.

---------

Holocam - This is an item I can put in a hotbar slot and click to take a screenshot, how is this worth money when there is a perfectly functiional Prnt Scrn Key for everyone to use already?

Training Droid - This is an item I can send to circle a humanoid enemy, it doesn't actually do any damage and requires a couple of seconds cast time during which the enemy is beating the crap out of me. What is the point of this?

The Flare Gun - Ok fair enough, shoots a flare like in the Hope Trailer.

Holo Dancer - like in the canteenas only its portable, no issue with this.

STAP - Apparently I will need a 40k credit license to drive this? Did I really pay for this so I have to grind to earn it? This shouldn't need the same license. There are no doubt better speeders in the game so this one should be freely available when I'm eligeable to use it. Just restrict me to only using this one until I pay for the license.

---------

I'm a reasonable person, I wasn't expecting any major game advantages or unbalancing changes from the digital items, I've had digital items on pre order for WAR and EQ2 in the past and been quite happy with them, but all this collection of crap has done is left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Ramurdyne
12.16.2011 , 09:20 PM | #2
Listen, all of these things were included in the product description of the digital deluxe edition. Learn to read words, none of this should come as a surprise to you. Remember to READ.

Megatons
12.16.2011 , 09:24 PM | #3
Atleast u got your stuff. Only thing i found in mail was color crystal while it says that ive paid for digital deluxe version in my account info.
Not expecting ticket to get resolved any time soon

NecrosisZombie
12.16.2011 , 09:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramurdyne View Post
Listen, all of these things were included in the product description of the digital deluxe edition. Learn to read words, none of this should come as a surprise to you. Remember to READ.

this guy obviously is having a bad day I did not see anywhere in the info on the items where you had to pay to use them or a description in detail of the items either... people like this guy ruin forum posts where people are actually speaking out an issue that matters to them.

bmem
12.16.2011 , 09:31 PM | #5
Now I am glad that I only got the standard version. Those items seem kinda weak for an extra $20.00. Thanks for the post.

Eaglechief
12.16.2011 , 09:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FrostPaw View Post
---------

STAP - Apparently I will need a 40k credit license to drive this? Did I really pay for this so I have to grind to earn it? This shouldn't need the same license. There are no doubt better speeders in the game so this one should be freely available when I'm eligeable to use it. Just restrict me to only using this one until I pay for the license.

---------
WOW, just WOW. because you decide to dump your money on that version of the game, you should be somehow exempt from paying the base 40k like everyone else to ride it? WOW

Shadius
12.16.2011 , 09:35 PM | #7
You also have access to the VIP vendor, not the CE vendor but the VIP who will be updated regularly with items. Calm down.

xRaVagEx
12.16.2011 , 09:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatons View Post
Atleast u got your stuff. Only thing i found in mail was color crystal while it says that ive paid for digital deluxe version in my account info.
Not expecting ticket to get resolved any time soon
Did you enter in your official Game Code yet? The other items aren't given until that is redeemed.

Apax
12.16.2011 , 09:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramurdyne View Post
Your response is more than a bit unfair, and hypocritical. If you had actually read the available description of the items yourself you would know that they are intentionally vague and a bit misleading.

Training Droid: A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

It doesn't actually attack your opponent. It lasts for 30 seconds. What exactly is it assisting with other than to waste your time in deploying it?

STAP: The STAP is a sleek and unique in-game vehicle you will acquire during your journeys.

There is no mention of a level requirement in the description (much less level 25). I can not be the only person who assumed this was a vehicle mount that would be usable by new characters without a level requirement. No, I did not expect it to be as fast as the mounts you get at level 25, but I expected it to be somewhere between there and running speed. That is not an odd or new concept; LoTRO offered horses for low level players that are faster than running but not as fast as real mounts (and they were given for free).

Holocam: Keep visual records of your in-game adventures as you travel the Star Wars galaxy.

You really expected this to be the printscreen function in icon format? Somehow I doubt that.

To add insult to injury, these six special items take up six spaces in your inventory, which is a huge deal at low levels as inventory space is extremely limited and expensive to expand.

Honestly, I had zero interest in the statue (which drove up the price of the CE about $75 more than I was hoping to pay), and am pretty disappointed with the purchase. For $150 you don't even get a printed manual in the box.

ChiaraT
12.16.2011 , 09:43 PM | #10
Just wait 'til everyone finds out that the STAP is a 90% speeder that we can't use until level 25 and will all replace at level 40. Oops...

I'm not going to complain about the cost of speeder training, but it'd be nice if our DDE/CE items had some longevity to them.

The holocam would be nicer if you could "place" it somewhere to get alternate-angle shots, for example.
WRATH
PvE / Raid Focused / 18+

www.Wrath-Tor.com|www.Tormonger.com