Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ironic, 1.2 actually made things HARDER for fresh 50s to PvP, not easier...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ironic, 1.2 actually made things HARDER for fresh 50s to PvP, not easier...

Altruismo
04.15.2012 , 05:42 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeopardydd View Post
yeah, it is easy to get medals....except for certain circumstances

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.
Look, I understand that putting in effort and getting nothing in return for it is frustrating.
But you're talking about getting facerolled - the other team is so good compared to yours that your entire team gets completely dominated.
Why exactly should your team get a reward for that which is in any way comparable to theirs?
I was in a huttball match the other day where the other team played a near perfect game, it was over in about 3 minutes and they just ran a flawless chain of passes/leaps/pulls. The rewards my team got were obviously poor, but we sure didn't deserve more.

Jeopardydd
04.15.2012 , 05:48 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Altruismo View Post
Look, I understand that putting in effort and getting nothing in return for it is frustrating.
But you're talking about getting facerolled - the other team is so good compared to yours that your entire team gets completely dominated.
Why exactly should your team get a reward for that which is in any way comparable to theirs?
I was in a huttball match the other day where the other team played a near perfect game, it was over in about 3 minutes and they just ran a flawless chain of passes/leaps/pulls. The rewards my team got were obviously poor, but we sure didn't deserve more.

that's an easy one - because if the people who are getting destroyed on a regular basis, particularly if their faction is underpopulated and undergeared compared to the semi-pro premades they fight, can never get enough rewards to get the gear to be copetitive, THEY WILL STOP PLAYING.

that's bad for the game, and therefore, ultimately bad for everybody.

but lets try a little mind exercise here, ok?

1) "of course you get destroyed when you are in such bad gear!"

2) "of course you shouldn't get coms when you get destroyed!"

can you spot the catch-22 here?

Neothanos
04.15.2012 , 05:53 PM | #43
Well for pvp this patch made things seriously worse, Its all or nothing , and premades get it all; Perharps even more people leaving will be some kinda of wake up call.

Slurmez
04.15.2012 , 05:56 PM | #44
You used the wrong word in your thread title, replace "ironic" with "idiotically"

Irenicus_Jon
04.15.2012 , 06:16 PM | #45
I have a rank 57 sniper. This is because I did not PvP much with my sniper and preferred other alts for it. The only reason I will queue right now is because I have yet to see orange gloves/boots that do not require valor 60.

And currently I try not to PvP without friends since the reward system is botched up.

Kleve
04.15.2012 , 06:20 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Microwavegerbil View Post
For these complaints to make sense, you have to assume that low ilvl players are on one team versus War Hero players on the other team. Clearly, this is not the case.
Hi, pull random, unverified speculations out of your butt much?

SkDush
04.15.2012 , 06:25 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Feran_Feitwo View Post
Unless you are on a server with an unbalanced population, and all the decent to good pvp'ers are on one side. On my server, the only time when Sith have any sort of challenge vs Republic is
7pm when a PVP guild logs on with pre-mades, until 11pm when they log off. All other times, we faceroll Republic side, to the point where most of them don't even qeue anymore, because they will have 3 medals at the most,
while the lowest person Sith side has at least 12 medals.
Sadly yes

1) it was easier before the patch.

2) when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or
heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

3) if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

and even if you get 3 medals, that's USUALLY a non-zero reward, but it might as well be. 15-20 coms with zero credits might as well be zero. you are never going to get better gear that way.
in fact, you can't even buy a warzone medpack for that.

It's quite frankly a sign of your self-absorption to think that if it isn't happening to you, it must not be happening to others.
/Sigh

1) "of course you get destroyed when you are in such bad gear!"

2) "of course you shouldn't get coms when you get destroyed!"

why am I the only one who can spot the catch-22 here.
/Sigh

Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
You get 40% of a win when losing, incase you have avarage skill i.e 8 easy medals.

Wins seem to cap at 100WZ comms as far as I've seen, I've never gotten more from a win with above 8 medals.

You also cant count with every game being a loss unless you really really suck. You also cant count with every member on the other team being BM/WH geared and your whole team is Rec geared.

But people on the forums love to exaggerate when trying to argue their point. But in the end they have very little to back up anything they whine about.

Easy solution, learn to play.
You can get more than 100 comms for a win....easily in some games, however for a close loss the max I've see is ~45, for a whitewash in HB eh round 25 if you're very lucky, while the average for a win is ~80.
But wait, yes we are all on servers with faction balance where players meet each other with equal gear levels.......oh wait

Quote: Originally Posted by RGMetal View Post
And before this change, when it took a couple months to go Centi-Champ-BM, wasn't a grind?

I was missing 3 pieces of BM when 1.2 dropped, and by Saturday I was fully geared. It's almost too easy now.

The real grind is War Hero gear, with only the 99 from dailies and the weekly + swapping WZ coms at 3:1, it's gonna take a while.

I do agree losing WZs need better rewards, but not because of gear, just for the time spent. More credts/etc would be nice.
Go roll a new toon, do PvP and come back to us.

Jeopardydd
04.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by SkDush View Post
Sadly yes

/Sigh

/Sigh

You can get more than 100 comms for a win....easily in some games, however for a close loss the max I've see is ~45, for a whitewash in HB eh round 25 if you're very lucky, while the average for a win is ~80.
But wait, yes we are all on servers with faction balance where players meet each other with equal gear levels.......oh wait

Go roll a new toon, do PvP and come back to us.
yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.

Alkazarr
05.02.2012 , 03:29 AM | #49
Yet another lowbie complaining he isnt getting to play in the big boys league as soon as he logged on his toon.

-Stop hiding behind make belief figures and face the music : it took months before 1.2 to get ur full bm gear and title as well...now there is no rank requirements which means any noobs who knows what saving is can get pretty much half a set of bm gear the second they ding 50.

-How is that fair compared to those that came / played before you ? I am annoyed that all the noobs are running around bm geared after a week of the patch when it took me so long to get there thanks to the old RNG system.

But i can deal with it compared to all the fools n whiners who believe they can be top tier geared in mmos soon as they begin, just accept the much more bearable grind of 1.2 because trust me, it is E-Z mod !!!!1!!1!

-And before you start whining about alts blablabla, i just dinged 50 with my alt and guess what ? Already got 4 of the more "expensive" bm pieces without having even tried to save wz coms/ ranked wz coms (for converting). And all that in the space of two days. Would have taken weeks before.
Yes grinding is boring and being squishy at first is very hard especially when you lose but you will a difference with each piece of bm you purchase.

-But maybe none of that is irrelevant. because I could also assume that you have any of the following :

(a) no understanding of your class and probably don't know when to use your CDs (if you even use them at all)

(b) you have gone for a spec that makes no sense (13/14/13)

(c) bad choice of gear (dps spec wearing tank gear)

(d) lvl30 greens still equipped

(e) you are a pvp "clicker"

(f) you only call incomings once you are dead; fight away from nodes; suffer from the rambo syndrome ( "i will attack right while everyone is defending mid...hihihi they will never see this coming, plus that node seems totally unguarded......I'm gonna be such a hero, general chat is gonna loooooove meh <3 "); any other symptons of noobishness.

(g) you are just still new to swtor pvp or pvp in general, and frankly will need a bit of time to learn how to behave in pvp situations ( and nobody can blame you for that, every pvper, no matter how good they are now, has had to have a first match).

(h) you have been pwned by bad luck or timing ( playing at newbie hour/ facing a top enemy pvp guild when it's their usual logging in times/ lag decided to keep you company for the duration of that match /any ******* insane crap that happens to all of us.

I mean, to the anonymous out there, my reasons for you to possibly suck are as legitimate as your reasons why pvp sucks. See I can make up things too, no hands !

My point is the issue you're presenting us with can be summed up to "I LOSE A LOT AND THEREFORE I'M GETTING MY BATTLEMASTER TIER GEAR NOT AS FAST AS I HOPED...I WILL ALSO PUT 1.2 IN MY POST TO MAKE IT SOUND MORE SERIOUS AND LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT".

And frankly it is much easier to gain than before patch 1.2, seriously don't you people remember general chat being flooded with posts like "Yayyy!!!! 12th BM bags and still no BM coms ((" or such as " F********************K YOU, RNG, F*******************K YOU!!!!!!!" or the good old "I am so sick of this s**t. It's not fun anymore. Unsubbed. Will come bk when it's fixed."

So sorry for reminding you all of how harder things were back then and that you seriously need to stop moaning all the time.
Besides won't you feel like one of the big boys, if you got your gear like they did ? :P

TL;DR version :
to say things are harder than before 1.2 patch is an obvious lie; people need to stop complaining; learn to play