Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the rakghoul plague now

jhartel
04.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
I see. So my investment into the same game to play as I wish is not as worth as much because it differs from others. Got it.

Nice to see that other opinions besides the one's owned personally have no merit unless they match.
Wrong dude. We are saying if you want to PvE and not deal with World Events, GO PVE! Play the game the way you want to play it, don't stand around fleet like a drone.
AN OLD HOPE | The Bastion Thall | Montief | Týr | Loghain
THE SITH INQUISITION | Ajunta Pall Nokrt | Fédéric
Mandalore the Indomitable Cephi | Celriador

Caspian_Rho
04.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Final_Fantasy View Post
Hey, remember that bit where EVERYTHING from the EU wasn't in the movies!? Yea, me neither.

Just sit back and enjoy some exploding goodness.
If this was a filler update down the line I'd be a bit more accomodating. As a first one that isn't set squarely within Star Wars Tales of the Jedi/old Republic era (the proper era, not BW spewfest), irks me considerably.
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

va_wanderer
04.15.2012 , 06:44 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Nice to see Bioware blatantly copying a superior MMO.
I did the Wrath event, was one of my favorites. This one's not nearly as bad- you don't turn into a rakghoul when the disease runs it's course- just explode in a mess and infect anything not vaccinated nearby.

Towards the end of the zombie event, I was part of the last line of defense for the last healer in Stormwind, and we'd end up with armies of plague zombies trying to finally finish the city off and leave it a death zone. Epic. And of course there were hordes of people whining.

About the game being different for a few days. About getting infected. About not being able to do the same thing they'd been grinding for months before and would for months afterwards.

People like predictable, mindless, always-the-same. It's kinda pathetic, IMHO. MMO's are at their best when they do things like this and utterly upset the apple cart for a week or so.

Enjoy the mayhem the devs have created while it lasts, before the people who prefer to complain endlessly try to insure it never happens again.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

terminova
04.15.2012 , 06:44 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
Then you'd have them waiting around for 30 minutes for you to pop. Yeah, that's simply not happening.

The mission is designed in a way that promotes this type of activity. It's intentional. It's a plague.
It does not matter whether you think it's intentional or not. It is simply a matter of courtesy to ensure that the other people actually want to participate in that aspect of the game or world event that way everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun instead of just you having fun at their expense.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!

Darkulous
04.15.2012 , 06:44 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
I see. So my investment into the same game to play as I wish is not as worth as much because it differs from others. Got it.

Nice to see that other opinions besides the one's owned personally have no merit unless they match.
See, the problem is many many many people payed the same investment to play in this game too. If you want 100% control over your investment go play a single player game.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

vrgadin
04.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
Sure, there is a 'free' cure - if your character can get to Tatooine to get it. What I don't appreciate are the players who are traveling to starter worlds and infecting new characters who have neither 2000 creds nor a way to the free cure (remember, not every low level character is an alt). That is just being a jerk.

If you want to infect people, at least choose ones who can get the cure. That's not QQ, that's common decency.
Oh awesome, I never thought of that! Off to tython!

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

veevito
04.15.2012 , 06:46 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Alilynn View Post
I'm glad that the game was made completely for the OP, and it is all about him and his narrow mindedness....

I was just listening a podcast that was talking about this, and how gamers and there narrow mindedness is at the very least annoying to everyone....

Seriously people need realize that just because YOU don't like it, it doesn't speak for everyone, and your whining crybaby I'm gonna quit....is no better than a child having a temper tantrum...really think about what you people are doing....
Aren't you being just as narrow minded?

think about it
How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

-Scrooge

Elyx
04.15.2012 , 06:46 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
You get the stims free if you go to tatooine and just do the quest in the Dune Sea.
this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Michaelphoenix View Post
oh grow a pair!

its not like that horrid zombie event in wow. Everything about this event is just fun. got some fun dailies for all levels and virulent plague that has to be stopped. The serum lets you avoid it if u dont want it. Enjoy it while it lasts
Definitely this!

compared to the last few days of wrath invasion, this is minor. you at least can run over to tatooine and do a quest chain and get immunized. during the wrath event I literally avoided the major cities for days. there was no option to do a quest to stop it...there wasn't even a vaccine available for any cost. you just had to accept that you would get ganked every 6 meters by a horde of undead.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

va_wanderer
04.15.2012 , 06:46 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
Quarentine Zone was an abomination.... Maybe it's about time bioware realised they're developing for a Star Wars game not WOW or some piss poor zombie BS rip-off title. Rubbish quest and for a first content update??

I bet the devs play WOW constantly just because they're so bereft of any actual Star Wars knoweledge or ideas/input.

Hey do remember that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.
Have you even DONE Taris yet?

The Rakghoul plague is straight out of KoTOR and not only canon, but long-standing canon at that. Heck, Troopers-
Spoiler

Do the world quests. It's not just "LOL, ZOMBIE PLAGUE"!
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

Taleek
04.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by terminova View Post
It does not matter whether you think it's intentional or not. It is simply a matter of courtesy to ensure that the other people actually want to participate in that aspect of the game or world event that way everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun instead of just you having fun at their expense.
How is it at anyone's expense? There's no penalty for dying from it. In fact you are REWARDED. You can rez on the spot, and the disease is gone. The impact its going to have on you if you choose to ignore it is trivial at best.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."