Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's STOP the spread of misinformation about operative DPS (high OR low!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Let's STOP the spread of misinformation about operative DPS (high OR low!)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Marak
04.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by goulet View Post
all of the parses i've seen posted have been conducted on target dummies, which is the worst means of testing the real applications of dps in a raid or pvp environment. The problem with a dummy and trying to determine at where you lie compared to a marauder is A: energy management, B: having to move and agents not having a gap closer.
Dummy parses are good for comparing like to like. We can see how other operatives are doing and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Squatdog_nz
04.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #12
Meanwhile on the Marauder forum:

http://ipic.su/img/img5/fs/parser.1334355784.jpg

1489DPS

1549DPS

....so the best confirmed Concealment DPS parse so far is 1270? LOL!

Kognos
04.15.2012 , 05:56 PM | #13
Just a thought here, we have no way to tell which parses are with biochem and other consumables. That can seriously skew results of 3-4 minute parses.

goulet
04.15.2012 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Squatdog_nz View Post
Meanwhile on the Marauder forum:

1489DPS

1549DPS
....so the best confirmed Concealment DPS parse so far is 1270? LOL!
5% within the first should be 1414, and 1471 for the 2nd. am i surprised? not in the least.

while we're at it someone should pount out our crit damage increase talent affects an ability that does 280 damage, or can only be applied once every 12 seconds once in combat.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to type on your keyboard and remove all doubt."

subrosian
04.15.2012 , 06:20 PM | #15
My proprietary systems indicated that Operative DPS is 20 ~ 30% behind Anni Marauders. In addition, the Marauders provide a raid heal, can spec a short CD interrupt, have better movement, better survival, and provide a bloodlust.

We have removed all DPS Operatives from raiding, and the only thing that saved the Snipers was the raid wall. There's no point in having fragile, low DPS classes. My Operative, my first toon, leveled ONLY FOR PVE, is sitting on the shelf where it will remain, I wish it were otherwise, but I can't possibly sit here as a progression raid leader and ask my raiders to maximize their performance (max your companions, get all datacrons, do your dailies every day on your main and alts, etc) and then sit there on the weakest class in the game asking them to carry me.

All a non-healing Operative does is get carried. If you believe otherwise ("I'm super skilled but somehow magically wouldn't be super skilled at a better class") you're lying to yourself to avoid the reroll.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

xdivinexdawnx
04.15.2012 , 07:25 PM | #16
mara's have such high operation dummy parses because there is no miss/dodge/parry chance on the operation dummy. Mara's have 60% base accuracy with their off hand. Every attack with it hits on the dummy which will make a noticable difference.

Russlem
04.15.2012 , 08:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
We have removed all DPS Operatives from raiding, and the only thing that saved the Snipers was the raid wall. There's no point in having fragile, low DPS classes. My Operative, my first toon, leveled ONLY FOR PVE, is sitting on the shelf where it will remain, I wish it were otherwise, but I can't possibly sit here as a progression raid leader and ask my raiders to maximize their performance (max your companions, get all datacrons, do your dailies every day on your main and alts, etc) and then sit there on the weakest class in the game asking them to carry me.
I like players who do things like this. When it catches on developers nerf content into the ground to stop guilds from doing things like this as nerfing content is easier than class balance. Guilds that kick entire classes is far more harmful to subscription retention than class balance issues, so issues like this get addressed faster than class balance. Keep it up, you're making content easier for future patches.

didrik
04.15.2012 , 11:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xdivinexdawnx View Post
mara's have such high operation dummy parses because there is no miss/dodge/parry chance on the operation dummy. Mara's have 60% base accuracy with their off hand. Every attack with it hits on the dummy which will make a noticable difference.
But then Gunslingers should parse considerably higher than Snipers and Mercenaries considerably higher than Commandos.

Furiasara
04.16.2012 , 12:34 AM | #19
Adding my own results here. I'm mostly Rakata with a few columi level pieces like earpieces/implants. I mostly play as a healer so this is my 'off spec' set of gear

1284 DPS
http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=...1_05_04_463000

Ryemfoh
04.16.2012 , 01:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiasara View Post
Adding my own results here. I'm mostly Rakata with a few columi level pieces like earpieces/implants. I mostly play as a healer so this is my 'off spec' set of gear

1284 DPS
http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=...1_05_04_463000
We need more parses like this (with the ability breakdown at the bottom).

The problem with any parses is that they are skewed by player skill and by the players perception of what the best rotation is.

This second point, particularly so soon after a patch that had a major effect on a number of things which influence rotation, and when there is no Sim to fall back on for testing "optimal" rotations with the skill factor taken out, will have a huge impact on the numbers.

I haven't had enough time to play post-1.2 to settle on a new "rotation" yet. I have noticed that on some fights I am capping on Energy, and on others (even when it "feels" like I'm doing the same thing) I'm starved in the first few seconds.

There is one thing for sure: skill-cap has been raised. I'm enjoying the challenge.

Also, as others have noted, it's hardly worth entering a WZ with less than 700 Exp ... luckily the BM gear is just so easy to farm now!
"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things" -- Silent Bob