Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

04.15.2012 , 03:40 PM | #1
Anyone else think this place is really hard on story mode? I guess its all about understanding the mechanic, but realy seems way to hard. We, among other guilds on our server cant get past the first boss, even though we had a few 10% wipes. Most of our members are full columi/rakata geared too, so how can casual guilds get past the damage the first boss fight does, our healers cant keep up.

04.15.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2
We had sorc and merc healers and killed in on story mode in 6 attempts. We are mostly full rakata. We never seen this fight before, only read tactics on mmo mechanics. We do 2-3 raiding nights a week. This fight is perfectly fine tuned. So just try to analyze what keeping you form a kill. Most of the damage can be avoided, you doing something wrong.

04.15.2012 , 04:02 PM | #3
well we are republic and 90% of our healers are sages and they just got nerfed abit

04.15.2012 , 04:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by stiksen View Post
Anyone else think this place is really hard on story mode? several guilds on our server have trouble killing the first boss.

Working as intended
Twuntage Rakata hoe
Bloodtworthy PVP EU
16 man Nightmare EV/KP mode farmer
Not failing since 2005

04.15.2012 , 04:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Twuntage View Post

Working as intended
I am not so certain. If only 10% of players or less are able to do the new ops content (and Flashpoint for that matter) then it likely will be re-tuned to something more do-able by the average player. After all the average player is the majority of the Bioware SWTOR paying customers. Way it goes for better or worst usually.
May the farce be with you

04.15.2012 , 04:29 PM | #6
The first boss is hard, but it is doable if everyone pays attention to the tank swaps and stays out of the avoidable damage. My guild did it on 16 man story mode with most people in columi / rakata and at least one person in columi and worse (he had a lvl 27 green item...).

We made sure the ranged dps stayed on Zorn, and stood far enough away from him to not get hit by his dots and stuff, while the melee stayed on Toth and only backed off when he did his berserk jump smash thing, as it hits a lot harder than the other jump smashes. When the red circles show up, you get out of them. The tanks switch every time Toth jumps to Zorn and debuffs the Zorn tank.

On story mode, Zorn and Toth require your tanks to be coordinated, your dps to know how to position, and everyone to know how to avoid the giant red circles. DPS is not even much of an issue.

On hard mode, it's pretty much the same, but DPS is much more of an issue, and bad positioning by dps is punished by instant death.

These fights don't need to be nerfed, people just need to get better at the game / get better gear.

04.15.2012 , 04:35 PM | #7
Guilds did inform BW after testing, that although they loved the fight, they felt it was a bit too hard for story mode. But maybe BW wanna see for themselves how the rest of the playerbase finds the boss, whether they struggle for long or not. They did change certain mechanics and increase enrage timer to make it easier.

I won't be surprised if it does get nerfed in future ( just this fight, the rest seem more forgiving). But in general they stepped up the difficulty a little,but I do think its reasonable. They also don't want to make it too easy that it becomes boring, and also makes the jump from story to hm too big. Since believe it or not, even casual guilds like to do story and then progress and try their hand at HM.

04.15.2012 , 06:27 PM | #8
This fight has been severely nerfed from previous versions on hard mode. Just keep at it. It is has a bit of learning curve.

04.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #9
It either needs nerfed or raiding for "casuals" is over in this game.

Not everyone considers wiping all night trying to learn the dance steps as fun. Many will come into this place wipe a half a dozen times and just quit raiding.

Then when it's down to 5% of the population raiding it won't make sense to devote a bunch of devs to that content.

04.15.2012 , 06:52 PM | #10
We're still less than a week into the new content. I'd hold out a little with the nerf cries until we have a better feel for the thing.

I agree that the healer nerfs probably contribute a lot to the enhanced difficulty.