Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sroty Mode?

erruanon
04.15.2012 , 08:27 AM | #21
the new ops on story mode isnt all that hard to be honest, once you know the tactics its pretty much easy to clear.Maybe they should make a raid where you only have to loot the boss and not kill it so everybody will be happy

Ezion
04.15.2012 , 08:44 AM | #22
You can watch the guild summit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYp0pZd2ag

between 6-8 minutes is the part about hard/nightmare and story modes. It doesn't say that storymode EC would be easier than EV/KP. It says that they expect you to gear up through EV/KP but the gearing 'curve' would not be so steep compared to hard/nighmare modes. They also said that they were going to focus more on mechanics etc. rather than just requiring more stats to beat the fights.

When groups get used to the new mechanics for EC I dont think it will seem as difficult as people are making out now. Since there is a lot more movement and so on required for the fights compared to EV/KP, DPS/healing will suffer until players get used to it. When people adjust to what is required then the DPS will improve.

hawkeyesfan
04.15.2012 , 09:24 AM | #23
At 8:15-8:33 he also says 'it's gonna be a LITTLE' bit more than the first tier gear as far as gear-up required. And he also says not quite as much difference from going from one to the next.' So how does everyone interpret that? Either you can go from gearing in normal EV/KP to story EC is one way, or you can interpret it as needed HM EV/KP gear to progress from normal-HM (1st tier)-story-HM (2nd tier)? I interpreted it as normal-story(2ndtier)-story(3rd tier).

The itemization in this game sucks. Badly. There are very few pieces of gear that aren't tier that are actually better or equal to tier gear. In wow bosses each had numerous DIFFERENT drops. In WoW you could get great gear from raids that weren't tier because let's face it often the tier bonus stunk and the stats on non tier gear was actually better. And you'd see numerous gear combinations on people and rarely did one person look the same as another. Definitely not so in this game.

I'm saying that casuals and pugs are not gonna like this tier of content and will get frustrated and quit. Or just not raid. When they've said they want nearly everyone to be able to do some form of Ops.

About the 4th or 5th day of Cataclysm I correctly predicted on forums that while I wasn't having much trouble with the heroics and enjoyed healing them the challenge many casuals would hate it, combined with the changes to healing. I got flamed saying the challenge is great brah so much better than facerolling like Wrath moron!! lol lulz haha loser noob! Then slowly but surely subscription loss. It was barely a month after release that they nerfed the 5 mans lol I had never seen such a quick nerf to large chunks of the content. But the damage had been done. Now, (I don't play wow anymore btw, 6 years was enough and no it wasn't the difficulty) I read the WoW forums from time to time and it's all man dead servers cmon Blizz merge them!!! And guess what from Blizz (paraphrasing here obviously) 5 man heroics in MoP will be more in tune with Wrath content. Gasp!!! wow!! I guess Blizz has learned their lesson. The Wrath paradigm of accessabilty and inclusiveness was still the best ever in an MMO despite what anyone thought of the actual content.

So the lesson don't give a large section of your playerbase (the dreaded term casuals in this case) something easy and attainable and fun to them, then pull the rug out and make them beat their head against the wall.

hawkeyesfan
04.15.2012 , 09:29 AM | #24
I just want this game to succeed. WoW with 12 million subs can lose 2-3 million and still be in great shape. This game with (if you believe the numbers) 2 million subs CANNOT lose a million and still be in great shape.

I fully admit that I'm middle of the road, skill, time to play, ambition to raid etc. Many of you 'hardcore' are actually more middle of the road than you want to admit. But I will step off my soap box and drop this all if some of you will empathize with people who aren't at your skill levels and see that this new tier just may be a bit much for people used to EV/KP normal and are expecting more of the same...

Bluestone
04.15.2012 , 01:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by hawkeyesfan View Post
I just want this game to succeed. WoW with 12 million subs can lose 2-3 million and still be in great shape. This game with (if you believe the numbers) 2 million subs CANNOT lose a million and still be in great shape.

I fully admit that I'm middle of the road, skill, time to play, ambition to raid etc. Many of you 'hardcore' are actually more middle of the road than you want to admit. But I will step off my soap box and drop this all if some of you will empathize with people who aren't at your skill levels and see that this new tier just may be a bit much for people used to EV/KP normal and are expecting more of the same...
My guild only just recently cleared KP Normal a couple weeks ago. We are a casual guild and sometimes don't even have 8 people available on raid day. Me and my guild are far from hardcore. Yet I understand progression of gear and content enough to know that in time I will get to Denova (the new operation) after we reach it in the natural games progression.

I also know that by the time me and my guild are up to Denova they will have fixed any bugs/balanced it if Bioware see the need to balance it.

But i sincerely hope they ignore the people that want story mode to become "walk in and loot the boss" mode as an earlier poster phrased it.
Harbinger [Sanctuary] Co-Leader Ode'n of the Bluestone Legacy
Harbinger [Adversity] Co-Leader K'hor of the Bluestone Legacy

Onibubu
04.15.2012 , 03:56 PM | #26
So as many here said they think its like "Story Mode T1 -> Story Mode T2 etc.".
So with Story Mode T1 and Flashpoints you can get without a problem a full Columi gear.

And... you guessed right, it is no problem, with a little bit of training, to clear EC with Columi gear in Storymode.
Just look at the upgrade from Columi to Rakata. It isn't that big!
Knights of the Shadows, Vanjervalis Chain - Republik
T1:10/10 NM T2:4/4 HM
http://knightsoftheshadows.de/