Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Explosive conflict Warlord Kephess

aBrooski
04.15.2012 , 09:11 AM | #1
Hey everyone,

First of all, I'd like to congratulate Bioware on making an entertaining operation! I love the new endgame content, keep it up!

My guild pushed through our first attempt at Explosive conflict pretty well. A couple wipes on each boss as we learned the mechanics, but nothing out of the ordinary,

One question though, is about the final boss Warlord Kephess. All the mechanics of the boss fight we are able to handle very easily, let alone when we are fighting only him on the ground.. It seems he 2 shots people regularly, which is making the fight very frustrating. We have tried kiting him around, but dps on him will move aggro fast enough for one of his baseball-bat kills on his new victim.

Any tips or advice? We are all Rakata geared, with a mixed composition or classes/specs. We gave up after 6/7 wipes only on the final stage of the boss fight. There is not enough information on him to ninja learn how to finish him off. :P

Thanks

pure_laced
04.15.2012 , 09:15 AM | #2
There is a kite phase and a non-kite phase when at the end of the fight, tanks have two taunts at their disposal. There is your hint. I will leave it up to you to figure out the rest.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Ezion
04.15.2012 , 01:33 PM | #3
He channels a spell a few seconds before he leaps to a new target. I'm not sure what it does but we had the tanks swap right after he cast it and he never leaped to anyone.

It looked like he dropped threat on the tank right after that spell and leaped to the highest threat DPS. Swapping tanks/taunting at that point seemed to be the way to go.

Edit:

The spell he casts is called Breath of the Masters and puts a debuff on his current target. This debuff makes them drop the 4 purple circles on the ground. After the cast he then changes target, probably to the second on threat.

The way I would handle it is with two tanks. When one tank gets breathed on, he runs away and the other tank taunts. This would mean that kephess gets moved around less and melee dont get screwed over because you're tanking Kephess in purple stuff.

After dropping the 4 purple circles, the first tank runs back, waits for the next breath then taunts and tanks him while the other tank drops his circles.. and so on.

You can see the cast and debuff on the troopercommando guide video, although they only use 1 tank. http://troopercommando.com/2012/04/1...rlord-kephess/