Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech armoring question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech armoring question

Tortall
12.16.2011 , 07:46 PM | #1
I've taken up cybertech and for the first 60 points it seems like all i can make is mods and 'armoring' what is armoring? is it just mods that fit on armor pieces with mod slots? If so i'm level 16 and still dont have any armor with mod slots

thanks!
Jedi? Sith? Both seek to subjugate the galaxy under their ideologies, as all religions before them."

Nicodareus
12.16.2011 , 07:54 PM | #2
Yeah, get used to it. So far I have only used maybe 4-5 mods that I have made. The earpieces are useful at least. I guess the droid items can be useful, but he's far inferior to Kaliyo for leveling.

I've just been concentrating on leveling it really. Not much use for things this early in the game. Even a toss-up trying to sell anything on the market, since who bothers at this level for such minor upgrades?

Currently:
250 Cybertech
226 Scavenging
141 Underworld Trading

And making level 34 items at level 26. The annoying part is if you get too far ahead you can't scavenge anything useful, and at least at this level it's 17ish minute companion quest times. =(

Just can't wait until level 50 and the reusable grenades!

mightygaz
12.16.2011 , 07:57 PM | #3
unfortunately the marketplace seems to be DOA, with littkle chance of selling stuff to other people yet.

Adelphia
12.16.2011 , 08:38 PM | #4
Interesting on my server GTN seems fine - I have replaced scavenging with slicing and have had no problem buying the mats I need so far...

mightygaz
12.16.2011 , 08:44 PM | #5
strangely enough i am on an RP-PVP server. you'd think RPers would try to use the market, but its almost impossible to buy anything. for eampkle a search a few hours ago for colour crystals turned up 6 entries. ship items was none. lightsabers was 3.

i feel dirty saying it, but star trek online has a far better market and its in a terrible state in that game.