Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop complaining about Hard Content.

_Admiral
04.14.2012 , 07:45 AM | #1
Stop it, its annoying.

My team wiped about 2-3 times on Lost Island bosses each until we got the strats, now we can nearly do it all in 1 go without dying.

Denova is hard. GOOD! Our Guild is up to last boss on HM.

Hard content is GOOD! If you cant handle it, DONT DO IT.

You do not HAVE to do any of the 1.2 FP's or Raids.

krinaman
04.14.2012 , 08:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by _Admiral View Post
Stop it, its annoying.
So was all the complaining about the content being too easy.......

vandana_
04.14.2012 , 10:30 AM | #3
I agree.

I think the difficulty and complexity of the fights is on the spot in Lost Island (the bonus boss still a bit too simple). Interrupts, positioning - all that stuff is MMO basics and Hard Mode is supposed to be Hard - not faceroll.

Those fights are at last fun!

I haven't seen the ops yet but having seen Lost Island I expect the difficulty to be nicely tuned in there as well.
V'ox

Vizzinni
04.14.2012 , 11:17 AM | #4
I agree quite griping about hard or easy content.

I too look forward to trying the new op, but if the mechanics are anything like what they have done in Lost Island I look forward to it.

Definitely like the new challenges and coordination involved in these fights.
Ptsd-Sentinel DPS
Lauxesnart- Sage Healer
<Do It Live>
Corellian Run (formerly Darth Bandon)

KorinHyvek
04.14.2012 , 05:23 PM | #5
My main issue is that I felt certain mechanics punished specific group compositions. The 1st boss of Lost Island would have involved much less headache if we our Merc DPS had been, say, a sniper instead. I'm also unsure of how a 1 Melee, 1 ranged DPS setup would work there.

Also, Columi drops on a flashpoint that basically requires full Columi don't make a whole lot of sense.

JediXMan
04.14.2012 , 05:48 PM | #6
I don't mind hard content. I just don't like how medpacs have been limited to one per fight. That really annoys me. Hard =/= nerf. It means UPGRADING an enemy, not downgrading a person. How come nobody ever understands this?

krinaman
04.14.2012 , 06:16 PM | #7
Well the 1% is happy.........

Crixaliss
04.14.2012 , 07:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediXMan View Post
I don't mind hard content. I just don't like how medpacs have been limited to one per fight. That really annoys me. Hard =/= nerf. It means UPGRADING an enemy, not downgrading a person. How come nobody ever understands this?
Whats the difference? Either way it makes it harder...

Dee-Jay
04.14.2012 , 08:25 PM | #9
There's a difference between hard and unfair content.

Lost Island for example is ...as usual...unfair towards melee groups.

Bioware is just incapable of designing fair encounters when it comes to melee vs. ranged. It's just a world of a difference between the two it's not even funny. It's despicable and infuriating.

Binaris
04.14.2012 , 11:27 PM | #10
this could all be alleviated by making him target people outside of a 10 meter range with plasma bombs. And only targeting inside that range when here is no one outside to aim at.

Lets be completely honest. This is not a small upgrade in difficulty to the 4 man content. This is 4 man content that requires specific group makeup to even achieve it with a reasonable gear level. Can you do this with melee. yes. Will it punish you and force you to want to quit. Likely.

For example Driod:

1 tank 2 ranged 1 healer = ranged and healer run around the boss avoiding bombs. Tank interrupt incinerate.

1 tank 2 melee 1 healer = 2 melee maintain an interrupt rotation the entire fight, healer prays they dont mess up, no one to dps adds bc if melee misses a single one. death

1 tank 1 ranged 1 melee 1 healer = don't bother. Cant do a rotation bc you don't have 3 interrupts. cant do the circle bc melee is gonna get the center blasted.

Is this hard content? No this is content tuned to a specific makeup that alienates half the player base.