Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why, oh why only 4 players ?

Befaro
12.16.2011 , 04:43 PM | #11
What if you were 6 friends?

MalfeanNephandus
12.16.2011 , 05:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVenoX View Post
i am a TOR apologist through and through, but i will admit i do dislike this. i'd prefer the ability to have larger groups in a game... though i can understand that w/ companions, a 4-man team with 4 companions properly geared and controlled could probably do better than they should in flashpoint situations... idk, im sure there's some kind of balance to be reached...
You can't have companions out during a flashpoint fi you have a full group. Companions count as players in flashpoints, so you can have 2 players with 2 companions for your 4, or 4 players. Haven't tried 3 players with one companion out.

ApakSL
12.16.2011 , 06:44 PM | #13
I would think that with the ratio of dps to healers/tanks that it would have been beneficial to make 6 person groups, just so that there would be less demand for tank/healer

Zeppelin
12.16.2011 , 06:56 PM | #14
Why isn't this game made specifically FOR ME??!
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.

romandaemon
12.16.2011 , 08:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
Who was the brainiac coming up with this idea ?

Seing this game clearly trying to poach players from other games (not saying that its a bad thing so dont start a swtor vs conversation)

Me and 4 other friends came from Wow and rift. We played those games together as a friends only group. We did all instances and dungeons in a group.

Now we went over to Swtor and now one of us is borked and have to sit out and wait.
This is a terrible idea.

Same can be said for Operations really.
8 and 16. Guilds transfering over need to bench good players
No No and just No. the smaller the better. Id be happy if there was an option to 2man everything! 4man are perfect size
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

xHurogx
12.16.2011 , 09:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
Who was the brainiac coming up with this idea ?

Seing this game clearly trying to poach players from other games (not saying that its a bad thing so dont start a swtor vs conversation)

Me and 4 other friends came from Wow and rift. We played those games together as a friends only group. We did all instances and dungeons in a group.

Now we went over to Swtor and now one of us is borked and have to sit out and wait.
This is a terrible idea.

Same can be said for Operations really.
8 and 16. Guilds transfering over need to bench good players
SO. Dark Age of Camelot had a group cap of 8. Raid cap of infinity. Here's a simple solution.....recruit a couple more people and start another group. Nuff said.

Sogrin
12.16.2011 , 11:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by romandaemon View Post
No No and just No. the smaller the better. Id be happy if there was an option to 2man everything! 4man are perfect size
2 man
2 companion

closest you'll get

Pridesong
12.17.2011 , 04:22 AM | #18
I would like larger parties myself. Given that this game seems to favor off-tanks and so far I've been doing a lot of "general purpose" stuff on my Sorcerer, it would make sense to have a larger party. But as it is currently, it fits perfectly with the 4 base classes, which is what I think they were aiming for.

Regardless, it's not Bioware's fault that you're playing with 4 friends. SWTOR was not specifically made so you could run through the game with your 5 man group from WoW.

Barleyarley
12.17.2011 , 08:21 AM | #19
Groups of 4 is fine. It makes it easier to find groups and you don't really feel like you're losing anything for not having an extra person, I'm very sorry that BioWare couldn't take time out of their development schedule to remaster the entire game for you and your 4 friends, how terrible of them!

Kairo-
12.17.2011 , 11:10 AM | #20
I happen to like only having 4 players for group content. I played EQ2 and LOTRO which each took 6 players to fill a full group. Only needing 4 makes it much faster and easier. My husband and I always play as a duo, so this only leaves us having to find 2 people to fill a group instead of 4. Love it!! <3 <3 <3
Kairo - Jedi Consular ||| Aeras - Imperial Agent
Jedi Covenant Server