Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

security key hell

SilleYerf
12.16.2011 , 07:56 PM | #1
So I entered my security key and thought I had written it down correct, yet I must not have and now, I can't play at all. Is it somewhere in my account, I searched with no luck, this seems like a feature that should not block you forever playing. With CS being over taxed I feel I will be lucky if I hear back in a month.

SilleYerf
12.16.2011 , 07:58 PM | #2
Even better got kicked from my account, can post here but not access, so I am completely screwed now with no hope of getting it. Way to go bioware, screw a fan on the day they get the game. I know its my fault, but its more than a little annoying after a dropped a ton of coin on it.

Bronz
12.16.2011 , 08:01 PM | #3
so you cant access your account page but post on the forums??? weird...

is it the mobile app or authenticator?
{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)█╬╬╬╬╬╬[█) Rhaegal Sith Marauder

SilleYerf
12.16.2011 , 08:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
so you cant access your account page but post on the forums??? weird...

is it the mobile app or authenticator?
authenticator, when I try and enter my account I have to enter the code which of course is a no go

Bronz
12.16.2011 , 08:04 PM | #5
strange you will have to wait and appreciate how busy they are , at the end of the day this is an issue you have created like it or not so be paitent.

Also before you say a recovery option really just makes the whole authenticator thing redundant if there is a massive backdoor where you can recover the details whats the point of having it?
{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)█╬╬╬╬╬╬[█) Rhaegal Sith Marauder

SilleYerf
12.16.2011 , 08:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
strange you will have to wait and appreciate how busy they are , at the end of the day this is an issue you have created like it or not so be paitent.

Also before you say a recovery option really just makes the whole authenticator thing redundant if there is a massive backdoor where you can recover the details whats the point of having it?
Makes sense to have it in the account since you cant access the account with out it, Just annoying I wrote it down. it is not working now, and just really ****** how I am running into a lot of issues, and have been. Not a way to inspire a loyal fan base

Narvok
12.16.2011 , 08:08 PM | #7
doesnt the physical authenticator provide a new number each time used? So using same number wouldnt work right?
INFINITY BORN
Sith Empire: PvE || PvP || Raids
Now Accepting All Classes

SilleYerf
12.16.2011 , 08:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Narvok View Post
doesnt the physical authenticator provide a new number each time used? So using same number wouldnt work right?
Thank you man, no idea how this thing worked. Not realize explained at all. I can admit maybe I am just dumb, but didn't realize I have to use this thing every time to get a new code. Thanks, just wish they had explained it better

Zaelers
12.16.2011 , 08:14 PM | #9
The numbers change every so often... should kind of be common sense.
CE VIP
Star Forge
Characters
Zaelers - Zae - Zihlur

Tendeep
12.16.2011 , 08:19 PM | #10
This is horrible, never used one before, tried this one. You have to enter this everytime you enter the game OR the web site...

Is there anyway to turn this off, I do not want to have to create a new random key everytime I log into something. Pretty lame.

Also to the main question, it changes everytime you create one, so it is never the same... even more fun right?