Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Legacy Tree additions/fixes do you still want/need?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What Legacy Tree additions/fixes do you still want/need?

Sorwen
04.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #1
I did a search and didn't see anything like this (a few specific wants but nothing to list everything). Personally I need cousins. Ally doesn't quite do that for me. I want to keep Ally of course, but I would like cousins added.

I don't have a need for it, but I could see where "Adopted Sibling" would be nice. I've seen people asking for the ability to add NPC's as spouses. Which would be cool, but why not also be able to add them as "Adopted Siblings". Or another way would be to have a blank tree object you could set as "Parent" and then you already have adopted sibling(false parent set with adopted child). I mean what Consular wouldn't want Qyzen Fess as a brother? Or Bounty Hunter with Mako as your adopted little sister? And now I want it.

Are there any other PC/NPC combinations people would like to see?

Edit: Problem. If one character has two siblings they can't also have an Ally. That needs to be fixed.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

Lurkz
04.17.2012 , 04:01 PM | #2
Cousins and adopted siblings options would be awesome as I have both in my family tree. And yeah, only being able to link two other people to a character is rather annoying unless you're adding children (which I'm not).
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

CAMELOTCRUSADE
04.17.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
I'd like to position my characters in any order I want, not based strictly on which icon is attached to a node. I have 4 character right now, and it looks like this:

Rival <--> Ally <--> Ally <--> Rival

It's just one straight line and I find it pretty ugly. But there's nothing I can do about it if I want my main on both sides to be rivals and each of them to be allied with my lowbie on the same side.

I'd rather have both allies on top, joined by line, and then each Rival diagnoally off to the left and right, respectively (overall making a trapezoid). But to do that, they'd have to have some weird family relationship.

Sorwen
04.25.2012 , 07:22 PM | #4
Code:
As I want it:
                        Father --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uncle
                             |                                                                                                                 |
       __________________________________                                            ____________________________
       |                     |                       |                      |                                            |                      |                               |
Scoundrel    Sentinel        Guardian           Marauder                             Consular         Inquisitor             Bounty Hunter
(adopted)     (brother)          (main)             (twin)                                 (cousin)           (cousin)                  (cousin)

My main is my Jedi Guardian. Speck away from 50. Him and the Marauder are twins and the older siblings. As a background to explain all this I decided that the planet they were living on was invaded by the Sith and in the chaos the family was split. At some point the family adopted a Twi'lek as their sister. I have more to the story, but it isn't important for the illustration. If I couldn't show it as above then hooking the Consular as cousin to the Guardian and Sentinel would show that they are both cousins and allies. Then have the Marauder brother to the Guardian and ally/cousin to the Inquisitor the Bounty Hunter sister to the Inquisitor.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

otakuon
04.25.2012 , 07:24 PM | #5
Having some legacy unlocks be influenced by the relationship between characters
Tormax -- Chairman of The Corellian League
A (ex) Sanctum of the Exalted RP Guild
-- "No Matter the Odds!" --
Our Website -- Follow Us on Twitter -- Like Us on Facebook

Cuspin
04.25.2012 , 07:53 PM | #6
I want legacy to incorporate an AA (Alternate advancement) system. Some way to specialize my toon's role more and increase his/her effectiveness beyond getting better gear.

The legacy system is nice for alts and it is fun, but for the max level character it doesn't not offer much that is usable in end game content.

jtobscure
04.25.2012 , 07:59 PM | #7
This being theoretically an MMO, I'd like to see the legacy system be an alternative to guilds--an organic way to interconnect other players. I'd like a reason to play my well-developed main in endgame, rather than a gimmick nudging me to create more alts as if this were essentially a single-player.

erei
04.25.2012 , 08:23 PM | #8
a character with more than 2 friends/rival available. Cousin option, or some "lost" family, because not everyone is closely related in my mind. Some of them don't even know each others.
Also, a way to make it more useful than just a personal reminder. I have a good memory, I don't need this tool, and I can use mspaint/notepad/whatever if I really wish to keep it somewhere. Maybe add some title like "X father of Y".

Ohamsie
04.25.2012 , 09:04 PM | #9
More than two connections per person would be nice. I also want options for cousin (don't know if aunt/uncle are in there as well, but should be), as well as childhood friend. Maybe teacher/student relationships could be fun for jedi master/padawans.

Blackridah
04.25.2012 , 09:18 PM | #10
I'm disappointed that my characters can't have multiple spouses