Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd boss of Denova broken?

Fanfarlo
04.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #11
Trying HM tonight! Excited

pancakesninja
04.13.2012 , 11:25 AM | #12
You guys must all do 8 man content because 16 man story mode our tank and melee who were eating the double destruction got spanked. The tank not so much, the two melee got ravaged by it every time. Full Rakata geared as well, and they're getting smashed on.

Staying outside of the shields was kind of a funny idea, as the lightning shields were dropping on healers even. I don't think it's limited to the tank.

I could be wrong, which in many circumstances I am, but if it was dropping lightning shields on me... I think there's something else going on with the mechanics instead of just the tank staying on the outside of the raid and dropping these pillars around the Stormcaller.

Stanlec
04.13.2012 , 12:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by pancakesninja View Post
You guys must all do 8 man content because 16 man story mode our tank and melee who were eating the double destruction got spanked. The tank not so much, the two melee got ravaged by it every time. Full Rakata geared as well, and they're getting smashed on.

Staying outside of the shields was kind of a funny idea, as the lightning shields were dropping on healers even. I don't think it's limited to the tank.

I could be wrong, which in many circumstances I am, but if it was dropping lightning shields on me... I think there's something else going on with the mechanics instead of just the tank staying on the outside of the raid and dropping these pillars around the Stormcaller.
Your tanks should not be getting Double Destruction, only your DPS on the tank. As for the lightning pillars, it drops on who ever has the highest threat at the start of the the missile phase which should always be your tank.
Stanlec - Sentinel / Stanléc - Marauder
<Nerf Dialogue>
* World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m * World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m *

Cptasparagus
04.13.2012 , 02:51 PM | #14
We did not have our stormcaller tank under the shield, and the shield by the fire boss was getting lightning aoes.

PhoenixMatrix
04.13.2012 , 03:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by pancakesninja View Post
Your tank should never have double or single destruction on him. EVER. If he did, you did it wrong. You're supposed to let people who wont be getting hit (much) for a bit take it. It can be your healers, it can be anybody, but if its the tank, you're going to get spanked (its survivable, but it heavily stresses the healers).

The tank should move out of the way a bit so that other people are closer to take it for him. If you don't have enough, they get it by double destruction instead of single destruction, and thats bad news.

Dacadus
04.13.2012 , 03:40 PM | #16
To be blunt bud if your're getting the blue fields under the shield your tank is not doing his job.

Like previously stated by others have dps or 2 people other than the tank get DD. When it comes time for Defensive Systems the SC tank has to keep aggro which should be easy considering dps should be taking care of adds under the shield otherwise you will get fields under the shields. He/she then needs to kite said fields in a pattern as to not screw the raid.

Rinse and repeat this while dodging reticles/w/e else and your golden.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

Cptasparagus
04.14.2012 , 02:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacadus View Post
To be blunt bud if your're getting the blue fields under the shield your tank is not doing his job.

Like previously stated by others have dps or 2 people other than the tank get DD. When it comes time for Defensive Systems the SC tank has to keep aggro which should be easy considering dps should be taking care of adds under the shield otherwise you will get fields under the shields. He/she then needs to kite said fields in a pattern as to not screw the raid.

Rinse and repeat this while dodging reticles/w/e else and your golden.

To be blunt, for 2 attempts I was tanking this. Single destruction never killed me. I never went under a shield. Hell, I never died until at least half of my raid members were dead. During defensive systems, my team ran under the shield, I stayed out, both sides were killed by lightning auras.

Dacadus
04.14.2012 , 03:34 AM | #18
Then if you were the SC tank you lost aggro that is all there is to it.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

pure_laced
04.14.2012 , 09:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacadus View Post
Then if you were the SC tank you lost aggro that is all there is to it.
^^^

I love people who argue against everyone else that has already downed the content. Please accept responsibility that you need to do better, because what you explained isn't part of the fight if done correctly.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter