Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 05:08 AM | #1
Since there is a Tauntaun thread and a Orobird thread, when this was posted in the Orobird thread:
Quote: Originally Posted by Olostur View Post
Here's a screenshot with the rakling:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c..._24_138438.jpg
I figured it'd be a good idea to make a topic for it too. There have been three Raklings posted on databases and considering how it's gone with the Orobird and Tauntaun, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were available as one obviously is and like the Orobirds and Tauntauns, is linked in a set of 3.

Midnight Rakling - Hard Mode Lost Island Bosses.
Crimson Rakling - Gotten from completing the "Tracking the Origin" Quest during the Rakghoul Pandemic Event on Tatooine.
Pale Rakling - Bought from Jeelvic in the Dune Sea (X:-896, Y:-925 during the event period only) for 60 DNA Samples which you get from completing quests and/or exploding from Raghoul disease during the Rakghoul Pandemic Event on Tatooine.

However, considering these aren't even mentioned in the patch notes, this brings up the question of just how many other pets there may be?

With 1.3, 6 more pets are introduced (Once again, both in sets of 3), some new Akk Dog Pets and Lobel pets:
Gannifari - Given to all users as a Thank you through Mail during the first week of August 2012 for using the Server Transfer system and/or already being on a Destination Server by 12:59AM EST on July 31st, 2012.
Lawgriffarl - Requires Rank 70 Valor. Costs 1,000 Ranked Commendations and 2,000 Warzone Commendations. Gotten from the PVP Items Vendor.
Hagnoffarl - Gotten as a reward for completing "The Grand Acquisitions Race".
Lobelisk - Requires Rank 70 Valor. Costs 1,000 Ranked Commendations and 2,000 Warzone Commendations. Gotten from the PVP Items Vendor.
Lobelot - Can be bought from Shady Dealer in the Lower Promenade (X:-921, Y:-767 during the event period only) for 250 Tokens of Enrichment which you get from completing quests related to the Grand Acquisitions Race and finding Smuggler's Crates. You also have a chance of getting a Lobelot from a Smuggler's Crate.
Lobelode - ???

Any one who would like to contribute...please do.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

Clodde
04.14.2012 , 05:23 AM | #2
of course, subscribing

Lindon
04.14.2012 , 06:55 AM | #3
Subbed

Darlazy
04.14.2012 , 07:10 AM | #4
subbed

NorrinRaddd
04.14.2012 , 07:13 AM | #5
I didnt even kno this one existed i want it, I must fill my collection.

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 07:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NorrinRaddd View Post
It was noted on the old PTS topic that they were in the databases (and new in the databases), but nobody actually expected them to be able to be gotten in 1.2 (as the Tauntauns have been listed on the databases for a long time as have the Orobirds) so most kind of just shrugged it off. Nobody ever got them, so I'm guessing it's either rare or not many people did Lost Island (or just most that did never noticed the topics or thought to say anything).

Forgon
04.14.2012 , 07:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NorrinRaddd View Post
My SI wants a new Rakling to follow him around!
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 07:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
My SI wants a new Rakling to follow him around!
I think a lot of people will want them.

I personally want all the pets, but with so many of them being random drop, I'm really feeling the weight of discouragement Not to mention the fact that these weren't even noted in the patch notes makes me worry about how many other things we may be missing and don't even know about.

Forgon
04.14.2012 , 07:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
I think a lot of people will want them.

I personally want all the pets, but with so many of them being random drop, I'm really feeling the weight of discouragement Not to mention the fact that these weren't even noted in the patch notes makes me worry about how many other things we may be missing and don't even know about.
That is the fun though right? The devs had given us breadcrumbs to have the tresure hunt and now we learned there may be a lot more maps we have yet to discover!

Besides, the mix of pets is probably to create a tier of rarity and make it available. I am sure on some servers, farming the eggspot for its respawn (which is long) takes up time and to elleviate it, if you are not picky, you can get it froma FP (which still may need to be farmed to even get the drop let alone win it).

Anyhow, it excites me. You shouldn't feel discouraged! Stuff like this is what makes MMOs fun to explore!

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a known reptile pet. Perhaps we can get a baby varactyl? :3
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Lushas
04.14.2012 , 07:23 AM | #10
subbed