Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why was Boarding Party FP changed?


Sentanta's Avatar


Sentanta
04.13.2012 , 11:22 PM | #1
Like many others here I am sure, before the patch I used to do solo BP runs with my lvl 50 for credits.

The run would take about 15 mins and would net about 35k to 40k. I ran it last night and was annoyed to find that it has been changed to prevent players from doing this any more. We can no longer use our speeders and the loot seems to have been drastically reduced. In one of the large chests for example - I looted a single grey junk-loot item - no credits or stims - just a single grey item.

I checked the patch notes and there was nothing about this.

Flashpoints and Operations

Boarding Party
Storm Squad's enrage timer in Hard Mode has been increased to 2.5 minutes.
Storm Squad can no longer be pulled out of the bridge area.


Now I know I can run dailies for credits but I preferred to get my credits this way - it was my choice. The game is already so linear and restrictive but this is another example of Bioware taking choice for players out of the game.

So please Bioware, change it back so we can use our speeders in this Flashpoint again and put the previous loot system back in place.
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Carbonated's Avatar


Carbonated
04.13.2012 , 11:36 PM | #2
mid level flash points arent suppose to be a place for level 50s to farm credits. End of story.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Antipathize's Avatar


Antipathize
04.13.2012 , 11:43 PM | #3
Right, that's what pvp is for- oh wait.

Sentanta's Avatar


Sentanta
04.14.2012 , 12:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
mid level flash points arent suppose to be a place for level 50s to farm credits. End of story.
Why not? What harm does it do?
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

WrecklessMEDIC's Avatar


WrecklessMEDIC
04.14.2012 , 12:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentanta View Post
Like many others here I am sure, before the patch I used to do solo BP runs with my lvl 50 for credits.

The run would take about 15 mins and would net about 35k to 40k. I ran it last night and was annoyed to find that it has been changed to prevent players from doing this any more. We can no longer use our speeders and the loot seems to have been drastically reduced. In one of the large chests for example - I looted a single grey junk-loot item - no credits or stims - just a single grey item.

I checked the patch notes and there was nothing about this.

Flashpoints and Operations

Boarding Party
Storm Squad's enrage timer in Hard Mode has been increased to 2.5 minutes.
Storm Squad can no longer be pulled out of the bridge area.


Now I know I can run dailies for credits but I preferred to get my credits this way - it was my choice. The game is already so linear and restrictive but this is another example of Bioware taking choice for players out of the game.

So please Bioware, change it back so we can use our speeders in this Flashpoint again and put the previous loot system back in place.
Wish I had known u could make that much from Boarding Party - Reg. I typically make about 100k per hour doing dailies X 4 level 50's. At your rate of 140-160k per hour I would've been much better off. Plus there's no chance of dying and can be done multiple times over and over.

Anyone else have any good money making lowbie dungeon run ideas for that kind of credit return?

cujojax's Avatar


cujojax
04.14.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
mid level flash points arent suppose to be a place for level 50s to farm credits. End of story.
yes boss.....

Sentanta's Avatar


Sentanta
04.14.2012 , 02:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
Wish I had known u could make that much from Boarding Party - Reg. I typically make about 100k per hour doing dailies X 4 level 50's. At your rate of 140-160k per hour I would've been much better off. Plus there's no chance of dying and can be done multiple times over and over.

Anyone else have any good money making lowbie dungeon run ideas for that kind of credit return?
Yes please - if anyone can advise an equivalent replacement for BP - with similar time/reward - please share!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Amuntet's Avatar


Amuntet
04.14.2012 , 07:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentanta View Post
I checked the patch notes and there was nothing about this.
This may be the reason you've seen a change. I know it says "end game activities", but they may mean loot drops are now affected by group size.


General

Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.

hulkweazel's Avatar


hulkweazel
04.15.2012 , 02:18 AM | #9
You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)

cujojax's Avatar


cujojax
04.15.2012 , 03:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hulkweazel View Post
You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)
NO. to each their own, if thats how people wanna make credits then let them. Personally I hate dailies and would rather.
In the end were still talking about video game money right?? Who cares