Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

First "tick" of Plasma Cell bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
First "tick" of Plasma Cell bugged?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Petyofi's Avatar


Petyofi
03.30.2012 , 04:05 PM | #11
Can anyone please confirm whether the first tick is missing on the 1.2 PTS?

XarinEolan's Avatar


XarinEolan
04.12.2012 , 10:28 AM | #12
This is still bugged with 1.2 live. Tested right now on the new training dummies. First tick is always missing, only 66% of damage done -.-

Terrorshard's Avatar


Terrorshard
04.12.2012 , 02:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xarineolan View Post
this is still bugged with 1.2 live. Tested right now on the new training dummies. First tick is always missing, only 66% of damage done -.-
super annoying

APeckenpaugh's Avatar


APeckenpaugh
04.12.2012 , 04:43 PM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We're going to look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Kesrik's Avatar


Kesrik
04.12.2012 , 08:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
We're going to look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.
How do you not already know about this? We've been submitting tickets about this issue since BETA. BETA. YES, BETA. Do you just close our bug reports without reading them, then act surprised when people post about it on the forums?
Aitchkay
Vanguard Assault Specialist
<Unscripted> The Crucible Pits - US West PvP

Terrorshard's Avatar


Terrorshard
04.12.2012 , 10:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesrik View Post
How do you not already know about this? We've been submitting tickets about this issue since BETA. BETA. YES, BETA. Do you just close our bug reports without reading them, then act surprised when people post about it on the forums?
Let's just be happy that they said something. Don't piss em off or else they may leave it like that for months.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
04.13.2012 , 04:54 AM | #17
You know what would put the tin lid on it.

If fixing it is then considered to be a buff so something else needs to be crippled.

After all. The recent round of nerfs was based on our numbers with it broken.


....

Nyoro's Avatar


Nyoro
04.13.2012 , 11:38 PM | #18
A simple view of this thread -http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Powertech-Vanguard-DPS-Compendium?page=26- reveals that bounty hunters ion pulse equivalent procs 3 DoT ticks, one immediately, one at 3 seconds and one at 6 seconds. Therefore our plasma cell is 33% weaker than our mirrors equivalent atm.

How the Empire manage to have better abilities and animations on just about everything blows my mind, it's almost as if they've planted a saboteur in BioWare.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

Husofanten's Avatar


Husofanten
04.18.2012 , 05:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
A simple view of this thread -http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Powertech-Vanguard-DPS-Compendium?page=26- reveals that bounty hunters ion pulse equivalent procs 3 DoT ticks, one immediately, one at 3 seconds and one at 6 seconds. Therefore our plasma cell is 33% weaker than our mirrors equivalent atm.

How the Empire manage to have better abilities and animations on just about everything blows my mind, it's almost as if they've planted a saboteur in BioWare.
Yeah, cause is so hard to rename an ability, give it a different "look" but still with the same code...

Jetflair's Avatar


Jetflair
04.18.2012 , 08:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
Yes its bugged and it gimps assault vanguard Ion Pulse. Without the first tick the ability deals no immediate damage and deals no damage until the 3 sec mark causing Ion Spam to lose half its plasma damage given that the gcd is only 1.5 sec. Its really a bigger deal then it appears since with the surge talent proc ticks can get up to 1k on crits which is quite a large immediate damage loss.

The Powertech equivalent works properly so its no tooltip problem.
Well I'm starting to suspect Trooper and Bounty Hunter aren't mirror classes.

So different results and play styles on both sides that they seem like different classes. Atleast in pvp.