Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Looniper
04.13.2012 , 06:05 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Darkl View Post
my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions.
a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

So if a game is anything like WoW, people have to whine and complain.
But if a game tries to do something Different than WoW or other games(Raiders = best gear), people have to whine and complain.

Did it ever occur to you whining about this that the main reason anyone would have to burn the Massive Hours on getting single pieces via the Hard Mode missions is to Wear that gear ON RAIDS?

Apply more than 2 brain cells for a moment. They get this by ?? Doing the non-raid content on HARD mode. What do they gain from the gear if they aren't going to raid? Making the missions even Less Interesting?

Stop whining that someone else might work LONGER and HARDER by themselves to get something you can get on the backs of your guildmates. Seriously.

Canadarox
04.13.2012 , 07:03 PM | #512
I am an older gamer ... 43 to be exact. I too, am one of those married with kids types that doesn't have an overabundance of time to throw at a game.

I have NO issues with Raiders acquiring gear that I cannot because of my time constraints. I do, however, have an issue with meters, of any kind, being used in any game to judge a persons worth to the Raid. If you don't want to take the time to make your community stronger by teaching "weaker" players the ins and outs, then simply stop asking in /general for a pug group to just fill spots.

I don't think I am entitled to anything in this game. Only through constant "tweaking" and playing am I going to get better and better. All I have ever asked from any group I have been in is to give me a chance to do my best and if it's not the case then so be it, I'll leave voluntarily, but at least give me the chance.

The game has only been out 4 months. No one could possibly have this game COMPLETELY figured out to the point you are on cruise control 100% of the time in any Operation.
Dammit ... I HAVE to stop buying no name brand batteries for my light saber !

supafreak
04.16.2012 , 03:00 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?
It allows everyone access to some kind of decent pve gear
I dont think I understand why you are complaining. You can raid with friends and complete awesome objectives to get cool gear,(which is why you do it right? for fun?) other people can do mindless repetitive tasks every day for a month straight to get one piece of your raid gear and you call shinanigans? Nobody is going to be fully geared from coriellia anytime soon, and not nearly as fast as you can while raiding.
YOu can combie the dailies with your raids too if you want,
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

xenofire
04.16.2012 , 03:55 AM | #514
14 black hole comms per week... 50 comms for a good piece, 30 for a bad piece. Wouldn't it take like... 3 months to make a set of HARD MODE loot? Not to mention, Nightmare mode forthcoming, for which there will be no dailies. Doing hard mode is essential to learn the fights so you can actually have a chance at nightmare mode.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

drunknurse
04.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Looniper View Post
Stop whining that someone else might work LONGER and HARDER by themselves to get something you can get on the backs of your guildmates. Seriously.
Yeah, that 4 man daily is pretty intense.

Do Corelia dailies once a week (elapsed time ~20 minutes) 6 black hole comms. That is 9 weeks for a chest piece. 20minutes x 9 days of dailies = 180 minutes (3 hours). 3 hours of gameplay spread out over 2-3 months for the most expensive piece. Only 20-40% of this time spent playing with another player (1-3 other people tops), this is an MMO remember?

Obviously you get the gear WAY faster by raiding, and there is no way to ever finish a set this way, but its a bit ridiculous that its even possible to get the same gear as top end raiders just by doing dailies, even just one slot. This seems harsh, but its true. I can agree with crafted gear, similar to what wow had where the patterns required mats from the raid and the patterns only dropped in that raid. Other than that, no, that is ridiculous. You already get way too many coms from story mode denova from those chests that give 4 coms each, but that is a raid at least.

Gear is both a reward and tool. Unique loot reward upon completion of a challenging boss, there shouldn't be another way to obtain said loot period. The tool part comes in for even harder bosses, you need gear from boss A to help defeat boss B, makes sense... You just shouldn't get gear any other way or for any other reason. This is a Massively Multiplayer Online, Allowing players to get the best gear without having to do much MULTIPLAYER content is silly.
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

Evilsteps
04.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by drunknurse View Post
Yeah, that 4 man daily is pretty intense.

Do Corelia dailies once a week (elapsed time ~20 minutes) 6 black hole comms. That is 9 weeks for a chest piece. 20minutes x 9 days of dailies = 180 minutes (3 hours). 3 hours of gameplay spread out over 2-3 months for the most expensive piece. Only 20-40% of this time spent playing with another player (1-3 other people tops), this is an MMO remember?

Obviously you get the gear WAY faster by raiding, and there is no way to ever finish a set this way, but its a bit ridiculous that its even possible to get the same gear as top end raiders just by doing dailies, even just one slot. This seems harsh, but its true. I can agree with crafted gear, similar to what wow had where the patterns required mats from the raid and the patterns only dropped in that raid. Other than that, no, that is ridiculous. You already get way too many coms from story mode denova from those chests that give 4 coms each, but that is a raid at least.

Gear is both a reward and tool. Unique loot reward upon completion of a challenging boss, there shouldn't be another way to obtain said loot period. The tool part comes in for even harder bosses, you need gear from boss A to help defeat boss B, makes sense... You just shouldn't get gear any other way or for any other reason. This is a Massively Multiplayer Online, Allowing players to get the best gear without having to do much MULTIPLAYER content is silly.
So you are complaining that someone could wait 9 weeks to get a single piece of gear? It would take nearly a year at that pace to get all the pieces. Yeah, heaven forbid those people who prefer to play solo have any real shot at nice gear. Why does it matter what someone who plays solo gets for gear anyway? If you feel like that is the route you should take because it is easier then do it yourself. Obviously, you feel raiding is fun so you get your gear 20 times faster. What is the problem? By the time the solo person gets their gear the next patch and tier would be out anyway.

Valfodr
04.20.2012 , 11:24 AM | #517
I was full rakata pre 1.2, you didn't hear me whining about people getting rakata ear/implants with a week or dailies, WHY would you care if a set that has no bonus, takes a month to get one piece, and is boring is obtainable solo?

Seriously guys, gear was never a sign of how good someone was to begin with. We sold rakata to PUGs who didn't do a thing. But hey, it's no fun if you can't talk crap about all the baddies who can't get top tier, right? lol

I honestly wouldn't care if they made it a week to get one piece, as long as they add titles or something my guild can snag. I never understood why some people thought people who solo didn't deserve to be the heroes of their story too.
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
why level a BH from 1-50 on the PTS, when you can level a Sorc/Op 1-50 on live?

drunknurse
04.21.2012 , 03:45 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by Valfodr View Post
I never understood why some people thought people who solo didn't deserve to be the heroes of their story too.
I think there's a genre for that sort of thing... OH right! SINGLE PLAYER RPG...it's perfect! You can do all the content by your self, some of it is even challenging, and you get dat awesome loot for doing it! Bioware makes lots of those kinds of games too, Dragon Age Origins would be my favorite, big E-dragon at the end of that one.

As for MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER GAMES, lets leave all the best loot in the 8, 10, 15, 16, 20, 25, 40, 80, what ever content...
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

Mallorik
02.03.2014 , 12:28 AM | #519
LOL i should check dates more careful before i respond to a thread.