Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA / Canceling Preorder Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
EA / Canceling Preorder Question

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:23 AM | #1
Hi guys~

I preordered the CE on 7/21, about 15 minutes after preorders went live, and registered my code shortly thereafter.

I'm still patiently waiting for my Early Access to start...

My question is this:

I think I'd like to cancel my CE preorder and purchase a regular copy of the game. Now -- the question is will I still be considered for early access (as I'd already registered the code from the CE preorder way back on 7/21), or will I simply have to wait until official launch day to start playing?

Thanks~

EDIT -- Obviously, I didn't explain myself properly. I've amended my post to reflect that.
Veela
Her Royal Hawtness, Scoundrelless, Panty Profiteer
O.G. Veela circa 2003

KypStarkiller
12.13.2011 , 11:25 AM | #2
I had problems with gamestop so canceled my CE edition and got a regular and i still have my CE early access.
Staying Classy: All Day, Every Day.

Cavictus
12.13.2011 , 11:28 AM | #3
lol dude, its only been 5 hrs since they started releasing codes what about wait a day? watch a movie chill walk something

janosszabo
12.13.2011 , 11:28 AM | #4
Early access codes are separate from your game codes. Once it's been redeemed on an account, you have it until it expires on the 19th. Feel free to buy and cancel anytime you like.
It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavictus View Post
lol dude, its only been 5 hrs since they started releasing codes what about wait a day? watch a movie chill walk something
First, I'm not a "dude."

Second, I didn't say I was trying to punish BW -- I actually think I just don't want to spend the $150 on the CE, now that I've been in beta and have played the game. That's all. But I wanted to check and see if it would affect my early access.
Veela
O.G. Veela circa 2003

Veela
12.13.2011 , 11:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by janosszabo View Post
Early access codes are separate from your game codes. Once it's been redeemed on an account, you have it until it expires on the 19th. Feel free to buy and cancel anytime you like.
Cool, thanks! I think I rather need the Christmas cash for other presents instead of spending it on myself!
Veela
O.G. Veela circa 2003

Oblivy
12.13.2011 , 11:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Veela View Post
Hi guys~

I preordered the CE on 7/21, about 15 minutes after preorders went live, and registered my code shortly thereafter.

I'm still patiently waiting for my Early Access to start, but that patience is wearing thin, especially considering I've got a couple of friends who registered their preorder codes on the 23rd who are currently in game.

My question is this:

If the fourth wave of invites go out today, and I'm not among them, I think I'd like to cancel my CE preorder and purchase a regular copy of the game. Now -- the question is will I still be considered for early access (as I'd already registered the code from the CE preorder way back on 7/21), or will I simply have to wait until official launch day to start playing?

Thanks~
I don't mean any offence here, but I think you are jumping the gun a little. 'Up to 5 days' were advertised, so I think its inappropriate to moan about not getting access yet. Be happy that your friends do. If you don't have it by the 15th/16th - then moan.
Coolmaster HAF 922 | ASUS P8Z68-V
Intel Core i7-2700k Quad @ 5.00GHz | 2GB HD6970
8GB Hyper-X 1600Mhz | Coolit Eco liquid cooling block
160GB Intel SSD | 1TB WD Caviar Black

iBleedU
12.13.2011 , 11:35 AM | #8
Thankfully Bioware isnt ******** and they ignore threats of such sort.

If you pre ordered the CE then you did it for the items you got and the fact that it was a collectors edition maybe. Oh and also for "UP TO 5 Days Early Access" 5 days.
If Bioware decided to give 2 extra days then awesome. I pre ordered just like you and dont really care if I get in right now or not.

See the problem with you is that you are going to complain all the time. Even if they read this and let you in on the next invite which I wish you luck for that you get in. You will still complain once ingame.

It will be about something else and you will make another post just like this one and threaten them by saying change so and so or I cancel..
It happens everytime in every mmo. Go spend your last few days with your family or something. Let them know how much you love them and that you will miss them. Go outside and take a deep breath of that freash air because soon you wont get it.
Bioware stole my money and left me a CE Pre-Order
RIP old account DrBleed from 11.03.2008, cant remember my email address =(

MrSteak
12.13.2011 , 11:36 AM | #9
I agree that it's kind of bull**** that they clearly stated EGA was a first come, first served basis and there are people getting access that registered later, but I don't see the point in cancelling your CE unless you truly don't want the content. Doing it as a statement to a company that stands to make several million every month, withholding your extra 100 bucks isn't going to go very far in sticking it to the man.

Yllaan
12.13.2011 , 11:37 AM | #10
Dont leave assprints on the door on your way out